main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Yeah, I was thinking about the Palpatine kid. Rey's dad looked in his 30s. Which would mean, melted face Emperor Palpatine had sex.

Some poor woman, young enough to be still fertile, was impregnated by an 70/80-year old man who looked like this:

[​IMG]

Thanks, Disney.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 10

Jul 19, 1999
    I know we're told that some women consider power the ultimate aphrodisiac but there have to be limits to that, right?

Right?

.... Oh hell.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s a face not even a mother could love.

4. dragonchic

dragonchic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2015
    Honestly they might as well have made Rey a great-granddaughter so the whole "Palps had a secret kid" thing is at least a tiny bit more believable, it's not like the actual children of Palpatine ended up mattering at all.

5. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    And that is 1000 % JJ's style. That is why it works well enough for openers where you only have to set things up and not pay anything off (yet). It's not working for sequels and Finales, not if you want ANYTHING to feel earned. If you are detached from the story, his empty monents among the spectacle can be fun enough.

Which is mainly what I get from TROS. That it is a "not great but really fun, just enjoy it" movie. Sorry, that worked for me to a degree with Into Darkness - I mean go crazy in multiverse stories. But the cap-off to a decade-spanning Saga? Not so much.

6. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    All right good people, the film is over and honestly, looking at my mixed reactions, the fact that some of this could've worked with proper set-up and my general feeling of 'Meh' towards it all I think I am done here. Oh I still love the OT and enjoy things like 'The Mandalorian' and 'Fallen Order' but these movies just aren't worth discussing since the whole thing just seems like a mess to me.

I do hope the actors go onto better things as they were consistently the best parts of these films...I just wish they'd had the writers/directors capable of giving them roles worthy of their skills.

Obviously, I'll be back to discuss good Star Wars stories no matter their format but when it comes to the ST...I've moved on...

to the Witcher which should be on Netflix so. Take care, safe travels and....well you all know the rest.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Hence why they were “nobodies “since they chose to be that way although that’s not true at all as his son was literally half of Palpatine genetically so he was someone

8. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Into Darkness was fine, but unlike most non-JJ Trek, it has almost no rewatchability with me. JJ does shallow spectacle. He doesn't do thoughtful and he doesn't do genuine emotion.

9. yodaman_reborn

yodaman_reborn Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    He tortured her, murdered in front of her, took what he wanted from her, said only he understood her...naturally they fell in love.

10. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    By the end of TLJ Kylo Ren is Supreme Leader, he commands a massive army, is quickly gaining control over the galaxy and with the resistance whittled down to a small number of people that fit on the Falcon it's clear that nothing can stop him. He has it all. So why does he feel like he needs the Emperor's help in TROS? I figured it out, remember that scene in The Social Network when Mark Zuckerberg meets Sean Parker and Parker is all, "you know what's cooler than a million dollars? A BILLION dollars!" Palpatine is basically saying, "you know what's cooler than a million Star Destroyers? A BILLION Star Destroyers!"

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean not to be to dark but it’s also possible it wasn’t consensual whatever it was.

Edit: I felt far to gross typing that out I am sorry to anyone who even read this.

AhsokaSolo likes this.
  12. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Luke looks amazing in TROS
    [​IMG]

13. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    I really like this. Rey ask Luke to come back with her, but instead follows him on a journey elsewhere that's more important. She doesn't understand at first, is impatient to get back to the Resistance, but then learns about the Force, and what Luke is really up to. Her family truth is revealed to her on deep inside the Jedi Shrines on Ahch-to, or whereever, and it destroys her. She's secretly hoping all this time that Luke is going to turn around and say that he's her father, but nope...it's something far worse. And then Luke is there to lift her up and help her deal with that kind of revelation (cuz he went through it)

Meanwhile, Kylo is on his own 'journey'. His final test. He killed his father, now he kills his mentor and just as he thinks he's passed this final test, and become his own man, and wants HIS own order - it's revealed that Palpatine is behind everything. Kylo is similarly destroyed, angered, and wants Palpatine dead.

So both co-protagonists learn that the path they are on isn't what they though it was. They both unknowingly share a bond over Palpatine, and their paths are going to cross in EP 9 for sure!.

Imagine then (and this is pretty much pointless at this point) they finally meet up in TROS, and go on a shared journey together. They both arrive on Exogol at the same time, and are both stranded or whatever, and have to work together to get to the Sith Shrine or survive the deadly environment. Kylo begins to learn more about 'Ben' because of Rey, and how that side of him isn't gone and by the time they reach Palpatine, they're on the same side. Redemption is played over the entire movie, and not dumped at the last minute. Hell...maybe even have the Resistance finally show up and...

Anyway. Pretty pointless at this stage. This becomes an entirely different ST. lol But I've always liked 'what if' theories.

KSennia and ChildOfWinds like this.
  14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 10

Jul 19, 1999
    Thing is it's easy to consider the Abramsverse as just another timeline in Trek's 20-30 of them.
    This. Making Ren the head honcho, the big cheese was one of TLJ's best moves but, clearly the penny only dropped on them afterwards that it also renders him irredeemable!

Hence the demotion back to "Vader" status.

15. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    So we've reached the point where we can say Jedi Prince Ken was actually better than what's been presented as official canon...

16. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Of all the EU stories to badly adapt... Well that's one of them.

CairnsTony likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This reminded me about one other thing I didn’t like CGI Luke and Leia they looked much worse then CGI Leia and CGI Tarkin in Rogue One.

wobbits likes this.
  18. yodaman_reborn

yodaman_reborn Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    Kylo Ren, betrayer of everyone, loyalty to no one.

19. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Yeah I heard them speculating on the Slash Filmcast that Palpatine picked a couple of rando's and manipulated their midiclorians to make Rey which absolutely horrible and easily something I can see becoming canon at some point given how terrible TROS turned out.

KSennia, Jedi Ben and starocean90 like this.
  20. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    so if people who seen the movie had to describe it in one line what would you say.
    TFA-ANH recycled.
    TLJ-Useless Luke, Kylo Supreme Leader reigned over and Resistance defeated badly.
    TOS-???

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Solo88

Solo88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2018
    Oh no! Think of the multi-million dollar corporations. It's so mean spirited people are criticizing their decisions. We should just accept the sequel trilogy. I know Chris Stuckmann is trying to break into the film industry, but his take on this is so tone deaf.

22. Zikri

Zikri Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2012
    TROS-Holy ****, are you telling me there's actually six movies set BEFORE this trilogy?

23. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Re: the bold text, exactly. Somebody will make another Batman and Superman movie and it won't have anything to do with what came before it. Not so for Star Wars. We're stuck with the Skywalkers being killed off and being replaced by a Palpatine who had the hots for a mass murderer and is now the hero pretending to be a Skywalker. Even if they make movies far detached from the events of the ST and those characters we're still in Rey Palpatine's galaxy on some level.

24. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    [face_laugh]=D=

25. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    LF doesn't get to hide behind this when their whole marketing campaign behind TFA was "Look! Remember this? The Star Wars you loved as a kid!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.