main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    The worst part of that is I'm seeing people calling it beautiful all over the place, so society is reinforcing that this is a wonderful message.

My daughter is going through an anti-romance stage for her female characters. She's discovered a love of YA dystopia in the last few months reading like a maniac, and with every novel she espouses to me her personal essay on the problems and/or her irritations with the romance, or rarely how it's handled well. I have no worries she'll admire Rey hooking up with the Nazi, but having known so many abusive situations in real life, I don't feel so confident about the message all little girls will take from this. They wrote really a textbook abusive relationship, and then put the worst possible message on the end. I can't even fathom how reylo could have been worse if they were trying to write the worst possible example of a abusive relationship.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  2. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Question- to those who saw it, how full was the theatre?

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  3. DominusNovus

DominusNovus Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2017
    Why? Why can't this be retconned?

4. Havok176

Havok176 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 6, 2016
    Thats my main issue is what was the point of all this? what does it add? Its just a OT remake for this generation. This felt more like a reboot than a sequel. 1-6 feels complete without this. Ya 1-6 does feel pointless too so that why i would call this a reboot.

Darth Wardawg and PendragonM like this.
  5. Arnie Rose

Arnie Rose Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2019
    Or they could have bad snoke return at the end, revealing himself as darth plaguis (after emperor has been defeated) and destroying them all and pulling the strings all along and that would have had done a great job transitioning into a new series while finally doing something different instead of the same old paint by the numbers plot

KSennia likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Mine was packed for both showings but I know through Fandango there were still openings for some showings that night. The film will make a billion dollars. No doubt in my mind. Disney will make back their money.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s not even the first example of this out of the three main relationships in the saga two are abusive in some way and one is just dysfunctional, which is much better.

Luke02 and AhsokaSolo like this.
  8. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I was wondering what you would think of this lol. Let's just say if you liked TFA Kylo you'll like him more here. Kylo owns his evil in this one and they make you see more of the good. If only they didn't include the kiss...

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Well I imagine that eventually they will reboot the franchise for real if it loses enough money.

10. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Sure but Anakin/Padme didn't romanticize abuse. This is such a major difference. Depicting abuse isn't the problem. A message that one should take it and love a person through it is the problem.

11. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    I certainly wouldn't mind it. Maybe we'll talk about it in the prequel sub soon.

12. DominusNovus

DominusNovus Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2017
    Seems pretty likely to me that they'll take a mulligan on this in the coming decade. They're going to notice how well received something like The Mandalorian is. They've got access to all the metrics. They know where their revenue is coming from.

13. cappoe

cappoe Jedi Master star 3

Jan 12, 2018
    40 million previews means this film is doing less then both films that came before it on it's opening weekend. Horrible.

14. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    I expect the TV shows to treat the ST with the same respect that the ST showed the prequels.

KSennia, unicorn, Def Trooper and 5 others like this.
  15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    like have Marvel humor in them.:rolleyes: The humor in ST is cringeworthy and seems out of place in the Series. It's too in your face, I-VI, humor flowed better and a lot of times came from your characters like Han (carefree) or droids/Binks. When one derives humor from villains you know something is wrong there. All the PT and OT villains were serious even the Imperial officers were 100% serious.

too many ST characters are cardboard characters.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Still will make a billion is my guess

17. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    It's all about the tv shows at this point. They have no movies in the pipeline. There's not even a pipeline. They'll see how the tv shows do, see what's picking up momentum, and then start evaluating what's left.

I dunno. It's a weird time. Kind of just like after the PT where you knew nothing was coming out again. It's going to be 3 years at least before another movie comes out. And that will have to essentially start over. They can't just rest on their "Final Skywalker Movie" marketing pitch.

18. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    If I had to hazard a guess, I think Snoke was a gene spliced type of creation using DNA from Force sensitives and quite possibly or even likely past Sith Lords that these Sith Loyalist had obtained - and that Palpatine himself may of been enhancing his own DNA with such DNA or that went into his clone body or his corpse whatever exactly he's supposed to be in this "movie".Perhaps that was also what Palpatine meant by he's "all the Sith", not spirits but DNA/midiclorian manipulation .

Arnie Rose likes this.
  19. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Ugh...the dialogue in TROS was completely forgettable. The OT had so many memorable lines and I don't just mean "I am your father" but also, "do or do not, there is no try", "scruffy looking nerf herder", "I thought they smelled bad...on the outside", "he's more machine now than man", "Luke you switched off your targeting computer!", "Use the Force Luke!", "what I told you was true from a certain point of view", "I'm out of it for a little while and everybody gets delusions of grandeur", "hokey religions and ancient weapons...", "I've got a bad feeling about this".

Those are just off the top of my head. What memorable lines did TROS give us? It was all just a lot of yelling, "go here! go there! Rey!, I'm going! You can't go without us!" Generic language just to get from one place to another. Heck even the Mandalorian has given us "I have spoken" and "this is the way!" That's two more than TROS has given us.

ETA: @DarkGingerJedi We ARE in a spot similar to where we were after the PT. In fact I now feel the exact same way I felt like after the PT. I have zero interest in more Star Wars movies.

20. ByteSizeRick

ByteSizeRick Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2018
    I think one of the things that slipped through the cracks of the "bouncing" directors is just how the pieces wound up fitting together. JJ was clearly rushed on TROS, but it's such a simple fix. Kiss on the forehead out of sympathy and kindness for the dying man, perhaps, if you really want to stretch it. But not...that.

21. cappoe

cappoe Jedi Master star 3

Jan 12, 2018
    Wow! The end of a 40 year saga and the most beloved franchise of all time making only a billion. Incredible.

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.
  22. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    How sickening it was when the theater (fairly well packed @El Jedi Colombiano ) applauded and cheered when Kylo climbed out of the pit, and again when they kissed.

23. Gharlane

Gharlane Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 30, 2000
    That depends entirely on the film's legs and word of mouth now.

Zikri likes this.
  24. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    "I am inevitable" > "I am all the Sith"

"And I am Iron Man" > "And I am all the Jedi"

25. Darth Wardawg

Darth Wardawg Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 12, 2018
    Incompetent as well as someone who isn't smart enough to know what she doesn't know. When she lied the other day at the press interview in Japan I was just floored. I feel so bad for George Lucas having to see his self appointed successor not only screw him over but preside over the destruction of his lifes work... That must be something that easts at him.

[QUOTE="AhsokaSolo, post: 56258588, member: 1415455"]I'm actually kind of floored that in three films, we learned nothing about what the Jedi of the future would look like, including whether they keep the no attachments policy. It never even came up. Since all this was was a copy of the OT, I think the Finn FS reveal was setting him up to not become a Jedi. He's Leia. If Rey trains anyone, they'll be dead before the next movie and we'll learn nothing about them.[/QUOTE]

Its worse than that. Not only do they not tell us anything about what a future Jedi order might look like, they ignore their own books/films. The novelization to episode 7 had a quote from the "journal of the whills" that is never ever referred to after that. The horrid Aftermath trilogy has a group of dark-side worshipping Vader fan boys. Could have been cool. Nothing done with that. Like what the heck is the purpose of this idiotic story group? Like what the hell are they paying that dork Pablo Hidalgo to do? Tweet idiotic crap out all day?

Now we have a trilogy of films that not only ignore the books/comics/etc (except when said comics/books are used to explain the garbage we are served up in the films), they ignore each other as much as possible. JJ give us TFA which was, at the end of the day, a reboot of the OT and a copy of the original. Then we get Rian Johnson who decides it would be cool to do some ridiculous meta-narrative in which he criticized the idea of a male hero, the Star Wars fan base and the Star Wars franchise itself. Seriously? This from a director who's claim to fame at that point was one episode of a TV Series which he had no involvement in making great? By the time Quentin Tarantino was as old as Rian was in 2017 QT had done Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill Vol 1 and Kill Bill Vol. 2. He had won Academy Awards. His films were ground breaking and influential. What had that idiot RJ done? Nothing even remotely close. And yet this idiot thinks he can just come in and do this crap in episode 8 of a 9 film trilogy of trilogies?

Honestly if Bob Iger had any balls he'd up and relieve KK of her duties immediately. I know it won't happen, but darn it they need to clean the flotsam and jetsam out of LFL. Star with KK, remove Pablo and then go ahead and clear out more of the detritus, of which there is a ton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.