main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Is he left behind with healed Kylo like the leaks say?

2. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Well it was a short clip, but they did manage to show Leia kicking Luke to the ground. Couldn't it have been a stalemate with the twins equal? No, they show Leia knocking her brother who has a lot more saber experience to the ground.

3. Scruffy nerf

Scruffy nerf Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2015
    The flashback is fun, but quick.
    It suffers from it being another dazzle dazzle light saber dance after six hundred of them in the movie... god, I hate the light saber fighting introduced in the prequels.
    And it suffers from its placement in the film where it is part of six hundred pieces of exposition.
    “Here is Leia’s lightsaber she trained and she knew of the emperor that you were related and she cares about you and she stopped training because her son will be bad and you must go here now and do this and bye.” This movie does not kniw the meaning of silence, a beat, a period, or a comma.

Hernalt, PendragonM and Rodie like this.
  4. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Good grief :rolleyes:

5. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Was not really training more like a sparring match blind folded with the Rey training helmet she used earlier in the movie. Its very short, basically to show that Leia can defeat post ROTJ Luke in a duel. That she used and had her own lightsaber as if the weapon itself was Leia would now be with Rey. As if its so crucial Leia got her own lightsaber or could use one...

We also learn cause she worried about Ben becoming Vader she stopped her training yet she's the same person that sent Ben to Luke,lol.

6. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    Oh great, even in 10 seconds, he sucks. Must be a record.

7. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    where was the Final Order Fleet for over 30 years? who was manning all these ships? did they all stop working when Palpatine died? There were hundreds of them. I've seen it twice and have no idea. @Alliyah Skywalker they actually treated Luke very well in this. ;)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  8. Solo88

Solo88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2018
    So Luke could have healed his father, but he let him die? Wow! See what happens when you give characters Force powers without thinking about the past films. AKA poor screenwriting.

9. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    remember an early rumor about a found sister for Finn, but I guess if this was ever in the script, it was skipped like ghost Luke and Leia fighting Palpy.

10. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Finn and Jannah being brother-sister would have been a nice tie-in, and a good thing for Finn to connect with family, also it would have given Jannah another real reason to be in this movie. But JJ didn't go there.

11. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    So, the Mandalorian actually tries to help this. No explanation of where the power comes from but Force Healing is done it it before.

What really is funny is how "Ben's" body disappears right away after his death but Leia's stays there until Ben dies.

All logic and consistency is thrown out of the window in this. TFA and TROS work together loosely but any comparison to OT/PT falls apart completely. This is not one overarching Saga. The ST just played with the original toys.

12. eko32eko7

eko32eko7 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2018
    Forgive me if this has already been addressed...

Did anyone's mind melt upon seeing the final shot?

I love Kevin Smith, but his comment about this has always seemed... off.

13. Darth_Tweakpiece

Darth_Tweakpiece Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    But see...that's the problem with Neu!Star Wars...

...it boils down to selling points. Not story, not cohesion to lore, not in-universe explanation, not world building for future installments.

Selling points. The much beloved story in the GFFA has been reduced to selling points to get butts in seats.

How exciting.

[face_plain]

14. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Kind of. But it's not so much a scene about Luke sucking, it just unintentionally comes off that way after Rey knocks him to the ground in TLJ, this looks exactly the same. I THINK the point of the brief flashback is to just show that Leia was once training to be a Jedi but gave it up. But the action of the flashback is just Luke and Leia sparring without dialog so it doesn't really look like Luke teaching Leia anything.

Some kind of meditation scene with Leia practicing meditation and levitating her saber with Luke sits meditating next to her and quotes Yoda or something would have been more effective than them sparring...

But no, we have to show Leia knocking Luke to the ground...

15. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Wow!!! They really DO hate Luke, don’t they? Just one humiliation and degradation after another!

What happened to luke’s X-wing and to the Millennium Falcon at the end?

Also, so kylo’s body disappears? How did he learn how to force ghost?

16. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    Finn followed Rey to the DS2 with Jannah. He runs towards her as Rey and Kylo are fighting and she pushes him back (? Iirc). Then Rey and Kylo matrix jump to another section and Finn and Jannah can't follow. But yeah, after Rey heals Kylo, she just dips on Finn and Jannah without checking that they are okay or could get back to shore. Now that I'm thinking about it, do they even address how Kylo gets off the DS2 or the planet?
    Yeah, right off the bat this drove me crazy. The ships were buried underground? No way were they manned, and no way the FO had enough extra people hanging around to man them.

17. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    But the Ahch-To scene was his only one, wasn't it? other than that creepy Van Helsing-like FG scene at the end? And just to give a propping speech to Rey more or less. The X-wing raising just annoys me at this point because it is so small-fry compared to Goddess Rey and resurrecto-Ben.

I don't care if he id nicer and gives some supposed words of "wisdom" now. None of that remotely addresses my problems with him after TLJ. Whereas seeing him kicked to the ground in a sparring match adds more insult to injury now. Goes nicely with Rey kicking his butt in the last movie.

And what, he knew Palps was alive and just let it go? Made his hiding even more cowardly and reprehensible. Why did he stop this mission with Lando?

Meh, they can keep ST!Luke.

18. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    and this is what somehow makes me speechless about the whole ST. Star Wars has always been about family and this whole new trilogy says that family is irrelevant and doesn't matter. Give them abusive Reylo instead. What a message at Christmas? [face_dunno]

19. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    I'm not sure if it's intentional or just a lack of thought, really.

nightangel likes this.
  20. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I can picture Pablo claiming Leia took Ben's body with her,lol. I feel bad for long dead and forgotten about Padme, she's like the only member of the family that left a corpse in a lonely grave that no one visits.

21. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    It's pointless and bad, they made it take place at night to hide the uncanny valley element of the cgi, so you can barely even see their faces. It wasn't de-aging, just straight up cartoon. I actually wouldn't have a problem with that if not for their cowardice in hiding their own work. And there was nothing visually interesting about the training, no cool outfits or choreography, just pointless.

22. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I hear you,believe me, I still don't like TLJ, but Luke did admit he was wrong for hiding out. The damage is done, but I thought JJ did good in that regard. He addressed a lot of the stuff we have been complaining about the last few months. The movie still has problems, but I found it more in tone with TFA.

2Cleva likes this.
  23. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    And Rey's body stuck around just waiting for Darth Affluenza to heal her!

unicorn, wobbits, Lightstrike and 5 others like this.
  24. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    And why does he even bother to tell Rey that when she kills him, he and the Sith spirits within will possess her? She was willing to kill him before he revealed that little detail. But once he tells her his plan, surprise surprise, she decided to not kill him as she doesn't want to be possessed.

25. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    I'm betting all the force powers that Rey and Ben exhibited will be explained away by the force dyad thing (which is by no means a satisfying explanation). They were the only ones who could do these things and now that Ben is dead Rey can't pull the healing thing anymore either.

This is a good point. Would have made more sense if Ben learned of Palpatine's true intention some time earlier and was trying to reach Rey to tell her this before she kills him..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.