main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    That wouldn't overide it. Revan would still remain am indescript Sith in canon even if he didn't appear.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  2. Jedi_Fenrir767

Jedi_Fenrir767 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 16, 2013
    They change whatever they want, when they want such as needing special navigators for the unknown regions in the TLJ visual dictionary since you can get their instantly now in TROS why should anything in those books be considered canon and factual.

it could be overridden if they make a KOTOR film that changes it.

kalzeth and Alliyah Skywalker like this.
  3. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I mean, if they erase Revan’s story altogether, the fact that that name is used is irrelevant. It’s just an Easter egg. It doesn’t canonize Revan.

4. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    One thing I did think while Reylo were puckering up... Finn was always waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too good for Rey. [face_shame_on_you][face_not_talking]

5. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    This!

6. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    At the moment, in canon, Revan doesn't have any history attached to him. Not showing him as he was in Legends doesn't mean that a Sith called Revan isn't canon.

They could change his history, but keep his look and character. Also I never said that it's literally the same Revan. I said that a Sith, called Revan, is canonised.

7. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Revan Legion may have been named after some location (planet) or fricking plant for that matter.

8. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    Okay then. This seems entirely meaningless to me, but sure. In “canon” no film maker will ever notice or care about, the word “Revan” was used. It doesn’t reference Legends Revan in any way. It’s just a word and it could mean anything. It could be the town Darth Bane... Bain met his sith master in too.

Edit - ninja’d by @Harbour [face_laugh]

kalzeth, ami-padme and Jedi_Fenrir767 like this.
  9. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Speaking about Revan's personality, personally i wouldn't be surprised if they make Revan a female, just like Bastilla and we are in for lesbian romance in Old Republic movie.

10. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Isn't it established they were names after Sith in the VD?

Why did you respond to me then? I literally said: He is made canon in the sense that he is an ancient Sith, however it isn't necessarily the same character. That is what I don't think will be overridden.

11. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Rey didn't want the clingy but attentive boyfriend, she wanted the twisted, vulnerable and sadistic bad boy that she could save and change

12. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    No “canon” doesn’t even make it explicit that Revan is a person. It’s the name of a Legion. The Legion could be named after a place or an object too.

Look, the bottom line is it’s meaningless unless they canonize actual Revan. That’s the only one anyone cares about.

KSennia, kalzeth, ami-padme and 2 others like this.
  13. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they are established as named after Sith in the book.

14. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Hopefully Finn left Rey to mope around after Kylo/Ben and he lived happily ever after with the lovely Rose Tico (I never minded her in TLJ [face_dunno]) =((

15. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    Not before he does a little plumbing, apparently.

16. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    [face_rofl]^:)^^:)^

17. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    The real sad thing take the Kiss issue away. The movie is still a trainwreck. That is just of the many issues and problems with this trilogy.

18. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    The ST is not a sequel to the OT either. It stomps all over the OT and makes it pointless and null and void. You could now watch the PT and the ST and totally ignore the OT, because it isn’t relevant anymore. The ST now supersedes it. Luke and Vader accomplished nothing. You could actually now completely leave Luke out of Star Wars altogether.

The ST doesn’t even work within itself. Each film retcons a prior film. The ST films are really bad films, and absolutely TERRIBLE Star Wars films, in my opinion. When sequel” films destroy the films that that were the very foundation of Star Wars, as these ST films do, they truly shouldn’t exist.

KSennia, Immortiss, kalzeth and 16 others like this.
  19. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    There are a bunch of Legions named after Legends Sith, but as you said, these are legends characters and they can still be erased in the canon. Right now, from the google image, I don’t see the book itself calling them famous Sith. They’re just names of Sheev’s various legions.

20. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Well I don't know if that's correct. I'm fairly sure I heard they are named after ancient Sith.

Either way, I never said it was meaningful. I said that, if I am correct about the VD, that there is a Sith called Revan in canon and I don't think that will be overridden.

21. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    The movie where Kylo spends most of it tearing holes in time and space to make her upset and rip possessions off her told them they should kiss? What would it take for them to not see that? Opening with him slaughtering an innocent man and ordering the massacre of a village? Oh wait...

22. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    This isn't the thread for arguing about canon or Legends vs Nucanon, or any other such off topic debates. Let's ALL get back to complaining about TROS.

23. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    But probably no jedi order again.

24. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    The quotes from GL you posted don't actually portray that.... he repeats that he wanted to give the audience a hopeful and happy ending. That was always Lucas' vision, not what he thought the audience wanted. What is more noble than trying to inspire humanity as an artist and make art that makes people feel hopeful about the future? And because he is one of the greatest storytellers of all times, this is how we all felt after watching the Classic Trilogy. If I could make an analogy for Lucas' abilities as a conductor of electricity, it would be like Niobium-Germanium at 23 Kelvin degrees. The guy is a superconductor in storytelling. The message was conveyed. Imagine being an artist and having your vision heard, understood and applauded by hundreds of millions of people. The guy manipulated our midichlorians to make us feel what he wanted us to feel, because he felt it too. That's what Lucas did with the Classic Trilogy. He showed exactly what he wanted, and gave the audience one of the best and most hopeful messages out there. Even with his Prequel Trilogy, the films are filled with hope, that's why the story works. That's why you see Luke being dropped of on Tatooine and Leia on Alderaan at the end of ROTS and you feel bliss inside you, even though everything has gone to hell in the movie (oops I spelled Mustafar wrong). Because even then, you KNOW that everything is bad now, but soon there will be A New Hope. And the good guys will win at the canonical end of the saga, in ROTJ.

The Reddit post is more believable than the actual plot of the movie we got, so I wouldn't be too sure about it. With Palpatine still the main bad guy it would still have made for a very bad movie, but at least it would somewhat make sense, if those cuts weren't made. And we wouldn't have the Reylo kiss, so that's automatically a +2 points for the movie.

George Lucas might not be a perfect moviemaker, but he is a perfect Star Wars moviemaker. Just because of your post, my grades for the prequels have now risen. I now rate all three of them with a perfect 10/10. The ST we got is 1000 times worse than Lucas' worst idea of his career so far, so I fully disagree with your last sentence. Actually, Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull is a better movie than all 3 ST movies.

The rule for Star Wars in the future is simple. Just make good movies and material, and the fans will universally love it. Make stuff like the Mandalorian which is universally loved. Don't make high school art projects like TLJ just to challenge the audience with a faux intellectual childish scenario and plot twists that would have been rejected by anyone who has taken an online course in writing. And then don't try to save the ST from disaster by invalidating the previous dumpster fire, by throwing alcohol into the fire so that you can burn the entire dumpster and start new.

If by good you mean the worst Star Wars movie ever by far, then yes.

[​IMG]
    The Schrodinger Trilogy sounds about right. The one that both exists and doesn't exist at the same time. Until someone has watched it is both canon and not canon.

25. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Don't forget:
    Chewbacca, C3PO, R2-D2, Nien Numb, Mon Cal rebels, AT-AT walkers, Imperials, the Lars Homestead, and Ewoks

Shadao, AgentCoop and Count Yubnub like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.