main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I Have A Bad Feeling About This - The "Haters" Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Unfortunately, it is not up to us.
    I do not have a problem with retcons in the broad sense of the word. Originally retcon means invalidating or cancelling something, but apparently the word now includes adding to what was previously established.

I don't have any issues with them adding more to the Obi-Wan story, even if they include another battle VS Darth Vader after the events of ROTS. If it's done well, I am all up for it. Like I was up for it when Obi-Wan dueled with Darth Maul in Rebels. This one was one of the best Star Wars moments ever, and it had the highest degree of emotional gravity. Because Filoni did it in a flawless way. So if the people responsible for the Obi-Wan show do a good job, I don't mind small retcons that don't really change the main story. It will be hard to change the main story, because of The Clone Wars and Rebels. THANK THE MAKER for Filoni, who covered that prequel era so much, that it will be hard for them now to invalidate 10 seasons of animated story material.

Filoni did some very risky choices in Rebels, with the World Between Worlds, and I didn't mind it at all. And other things too. I am open to new Star Wars ideas. I am not open to really bad Star Wars ideas and to deconstruction of characters.

Saying that the Jedi weren't perfect is one thing, but saying that they caused Anakin's fall and the Galaxy's fall to the dark side is just atrocious. This is why I hate the ST and TLJ. It completely ignores everything and just invalidates the best elements in SW.

2. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    This,THIS is what i'm hating about the ST. The Jedi are special but that does not mean you can only have one at a time on screen. This mindset i feel is what could kill this franchise just as it has done damage to the ST.

kalzeth, 2Cleva, PendragonM and 6 others like this.
  3. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I think it depends on the individual mindset.

Paro likes this.
  4. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I love how they decided that Chewbacca, a rebel fighter who has participated in civil wars and insurrections for decades, is now "decidedly apolitical".

[​IMG]

kalzeth, MGM, cwustudent and 22 others like this.
  5. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I think it depends on whether they make good movies and TV shows.

2Cleva, ChildOfWinds and AgentCoop like this.
  6. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    Chewbacca, person whose entire race was enslaved by space Nazis. Apolitical. Get the hell out of here with that.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    KSennia, kalzeth, MGM and 24 others like this.
  7. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I think people read too much into the extended universe, and always have. The extended universe, along with 99 percent of the outside marketing material, is just meant for a fun excursion. Do you really think Lucas or even Abrams could clear a question from one of those weapon books? Theyd probably look confused, if asked.

8. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    Episode X: New Trilogy, Who Dis?

cwustudent, ami-padme, 2Cleva and 5 others like this.
  9. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    I was talking about the ST impacting how you view other projects/films, not whether those projects are good or not on their own.

Paro and DarthFixxxer like this.
  10. Gerak

Gerak Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2019
    Mod Edit: Removed NSFW link

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2020
  11. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    If she had this deeply held faith why did she cry and reject the lightsaber then?

That's alot nicer than the way Luke worded it. I am just not looking forward to more of their "correcting" what they think is wrong with the PT or its characters. Don't make them OOC.

12. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    Then why are we so dependent on the EU to seek answers to plot-relevant points that the films should have provided?

It's quite telling that out of all the films, ST is the one that depends on outside EU materials to stand.

13. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Oh big time. It at the very least it destroys my faith that they’ll deliver a coherent story that doesn’t contradict itself.

It makes me think we’re possibly in store for some really dumb ideas: yet another Empire, a bogus explanation for why there still aren’t more Jedi in the galaxy or perhaps we’ll get no explanation at all! A story about Rey and Ben Solo’s kid.

We’ll possibly get yet another Vader and/or Palpy stand-in and another galaxy in peril plot line.

We’ll get more callbacks to the other films even if the movie is in no way connected to the other films.

We’ll get somebody saying, “I’ve got a bad feeling about this”, “ I love you, I know” etc...

All that said, it would be something if we got a new movie that was 1) almost completely disentangled from the Skywalker Saga and 2) was basically the follow up to ROTJ that some of us hoped for, ie a Jedi Order if some sort, a plot that wasn’t just a rehash of the OT, new iconography, new types of characters, etc...

Even if it looks like a new movie will deliver that I’m not going to spend years speculating about them like I did with the ST. It’s not worth getting emotionally invested in this franchise anymore.

14. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
  15. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Yeah it seems like LFL feels like the most powerful thing about the Jedi is that they’re always on the cusp of being extinct. I’m so over that.

16. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    The answer is no.

TLJ was bad and no one wanted the #RianJohnsonCut.

Then again, we did get that one, but that was the problem.

Ok done hating for tonight.

Darth Smurf, kalzeth, MGM and 16 others like this.
  17. MasterDekan

MasterDekan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 14, 2005
    Honestly, I believe the only reason GL sold Star Wars is because he didn't love doing it any more. He poured a significant amount of his life into making this universe and after all of the **** he took for the prequels, I have to imagine he asked himself at some point why continue to do it. If the people you're making this content for don't like it, and the nonstop negativity over your creative decisions makes you unhappy...why bother? You may as well put it all into the hands of someone who can give the critics what they want. And why should he do that for free?

I don't see it as selling out and I don't blame him. He told his story. It was complete. It knew what it was and delivered a well crafted universe of science fantasy. For all of the people who argued that the best of Star Wars came from the work of people not named George Lucas, the ST tested that theory and failed. Leave GL out of the fallout.

18. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Who created the two way-finders and why? Then there is the dagger, and the dagger is needed to find the way-finder (I guess?). So it's a map of a map. Who would ever need this two levels structure? Isn't it more practical to just copy the location indicated by the way-finder directly?
    BTW why do they exist in the first place?
    I'm genuinely asking 'cause everything was happening so fast that I struggle to determine whether I missed something or these things weren't explained in the movie at all.

19. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    I think he sold it because he wanted to do it while he was still healthy and of sound mind, and he wanted to control who took it over. Instead of letting whoever gobble it up after his death. I imagine he feels incredibly betrayed as a result.

20. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    We must keep our faith in Deborah Chow.

21. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    To be fair to him, I don't think that there is a big corporation that would have treated it differently. Nature of the beast unfortunately.

22. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    I don't think this is a spoiler for Mandalorian, but I'm just going to tag it because better safe than sorry.
    [​IMG]

Count Yubnub likes this.
  23. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    Agreed, however I believe he felt KK would be loyal to him and ensure his involvement in the creative process.

24. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Why did they make wayfinders look like holocrons? Laziness?

25. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    She may have been overridden, since the final say isn't with her.

AgentCoop and Miles Lodson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.