main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Things you never noticed in the CT.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by 11-4D, Apr 3, 2018.

1. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    Indeed. Especially since excising entire subplots like that usually leads to disastrously nonsensical filmmaking. In this case it points up to just how unnecessary the Wampa-attack idea was for the overall story.

2. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    You guys are talking about the scenes with the Wampas attacking the base? If so I heartily agree.

3. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I never realized Cliff from Cheers was also a Rebel.

[​IMG]

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Interestingly enough.

5. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    It was a long time and many viewings before I noticed Luke's comedic pained expression after Han slaps his hand on board the Falcon.

6. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    It's not Han. It's a random Rebel. Han is waiting outside the door. It may be Harrison Ford doing double duty, but it's not Han.

StartCenterEnd and teamhansolo like this.
  7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Han just has to be wearing the helmet for a few moments, for him sending the message to be compatible with what's seen on screen.

If the script says it's Han, then it's Han.

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    He could also have taped his little act and then what we see on the screen in the bunker is just a recording, right?

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That can work as well.

It being Han, works well as a call-back to ANH - he masquerades as an Imperial there, too.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    StartCenterEnd and Princess_Tina like this.
  10. Triad Moons

Triad Moons Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 14, 2020
    It's an obvious one, but I never noticed Luke covering his mouth and laughing as Han is losing his cool with the Ewoks in ROTJ until someone made a reaction gif out of it.

Also, finally noticing some of the sets wobbling in A New Hope (particularly the detention center) had me chuckling.

11. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    And we now know he was once in the Imperial Academy, too, and served briefly under Palpatine's armies. So for him it's just like ol' times :p

StartCenterEnd and Iron_lord like this.
  12. cratylus

May 9, 2001
    That is Han Solo. The fact that it cuts almost immediately to him waiting outside the door doesn't mean it happened immediately.

(By the way for those unaware, it was old-school fan lore that Han Solo had been a cadet in the Imperial naval academy)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  13. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Exactly why it was fun to actually see him enrolling and getting his last name from an imperial officer ;)

14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I don't know where that idea originally came from (possibly GL himself), but I know it was in Brian Daley's books back in the late 70's.

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    It's Han. Since watching the scene for the first time it was always clear to me. The eyes look like Han's, and I'm pretty sure the voice is Harrison Ford's.

christophero30 and Iron_lord like this.
  16. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Same here — he’s not gonna be able to Clark Kent his way out of that one. XD “Hey, I have my lower face partially covered! Now you don’t know who I am!”

But seriously, the point was that he was trying to trick the Imperials who likely have no clue who he looks like or how he sounds like.

@Iron_lord , do you have a copy of the excerpt perchance? :D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  17. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Han was wanted by the Empire. His face might be on some posters. Him and Luke have to be at the top of the most wanted list with Leia.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  18. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    Took me a long time to notice this, as well. But the bigger point is Why? Why is Lando in Han's clothes?

[​IMG]

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Lando escaped from Cloud City with nothing but the clothes on his back. And all Han's clothes were obviously hanging in his closet aboard the MF. What else is he supposed to wear?

20. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    He couldn't have borrowed anything from Chewie or Leia, that's for sure! [face_rofl]

21. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    To be fair, since the ship was originally his, it’s possible what we think are Han’s clothes are actually Lando’s, and he’s only now reclaiming them.

22. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    Funnily enough I noticed the similarities as a kid and just chalked it up to being the standard smuggler’s outfit. When others started asking why he’s wearing Han’s clothes in that scene my first response was “they’re not literally Han’s clothes”. However the more I thought about it I realized it probably was a deliberate nod to the fact that he had to leave everything behind which also confirms that Han had a whole closet full of those bad boys as opposed to wearing the same outfit all the time because it’s a fantasy universe. (That’s actually one of my favorite gags, when a character who has a signature look opens their closet to reveal they own 13 of those outfits and 0 of anything else.)

23. Doompup

Doompup Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2017
    It’s not that I didn’t notice this when I was younger so much as I didn’t backtrace the idea: In ESB and ROTJ, when a Luke and Vader meet, Vader mentions a couple times that Obi-wan trained Luke well. I always thought it was cool that Vader didn’t know Yoda was involved. But it didn’t occur to me that Vader thought that Obi-wan was training Luke from a much younger age and for a longer period than a few hours on the Falcon.

24. cratylus

May 9, 2001
    Maybe that's the Millenium Falcon captain's uniform.

One theory is that he was speculated to be replacing Han Solo, and that this outfit was meant to tease the possibility that Han would never come back.

I just think of it as Lando stepping into Han Solo's shoes.

StartCenterEnd and TOASTEROVEN like this.
  25. cratylus

May 9, 2001
    According to the novelization the shaft was used for circulating and reprocessing the internal atmosphere of the station.

StartCenterEnd and TOASTEROVEN like this.