main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub What Is Thy Bidding My Master? *Darth Vader Fanclub* (All Are Welcome)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 20, 2015.

1. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Whenever I think my Star Wars fandom could be waning, I think of Vader, and the fire burns again. :vader:

2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Oh yes, the fire burns......

Interpret that as you will, people.

3. Merlyn Emerald

Merlyn Emerald Jedi Master star 3

Jan 3, 2019
    Absolutely the same! ;)
    All interest in Star Wars rests solely on Vader. [face_love]
    "Thanks" to the new canon... [face_plain]

[​IMG]

4. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
  5. Andrew Hulik

Andrew Hulik Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2020
    My friend and I are in a discussion about how Vader died and if his death was by murder?
    If by murder was it Luke by removing Vaders mask?
    Also who is powerful enough to defeat Darth Vader in a battle to the death?

6. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Vader asked Luke to take his mask off.

Luke saying "but you'll die"

Vader saying "Nothing can stop that now"

Murder ?

No.

7. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    Vader seemingly views the mask removal as an acceleration of the inevitable. I think he probably felt like going down with the ship, as it were. He had lived a long life of pain and that was it for him.

8. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    It was all for him because he'd finally done the right thing: sacrificed himself for his family. He didn't do that for Padme, and that tortured his soul.

9. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I remember a Legends comic where Vader took on Maul. Maul, on the edge of defeat, lamented, "What can you possibly hate enough to beat me??" Vader simply replied, "Myself."

10. Merlyn Emerald

Jan 3, 2019
    Oh Yes! A powerful moment! To stab oneself with a sword is complete self-hatred. [face_beatup]

[​IMG]

It wasn't murder, no. More like a mix of self-sacrifice and suicide... these two concepts are very similar, by the way. [face_sigh]

Something's interesting. How could Luke know with such certainty that Vader would die without a mask? Is the script flawed or is the guy so smart? [face_thinking]

He shouldn't have, really shouldn't. Vader should have put on some kind of life-support system right away... There must be something on a Lambda-class shuttle! Well, at least it was possible to save him somehow! Somehow! To save... *sobs uncontrollably* :_|

Given the ferocious invincibility of Lord Vader in any battle, it is likely that Darth Nihilus could defeat him, for example... Because he is a spirit and eats planets... [face_nail_biting]

11. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    I also think the mask removal was him choosing to live as Anakin Skywalker, even if that was for a few brief moments. He was still in the costume but he was no longer Darth Vader.
    I think Vader could beat anyone in battle if he really wanted to. All Sith do it but Vader really uses enemies as a gift, a battery that never runs out. He believes in achieving the impossible because he doesn't like being told no.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  12. Merlyn Emerald

Jan 3, 2019
  13. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Well, I totally agree, if someone murdered Vader, it was the Emperor, not Luke... but he was murdered in turn, so Vader had the last laugh! even if he didn't laugh much :)!

About who would beat him, and remembering that this isn't a versus forum, something I really like of canon is how they've treated Vader. Right now, I feel that nobody from the Dark Times era could defeat him bar Palpatine (and they are a lot closer in power in canon, I feel, than they were in late legends). Not even Dagobah Yoda, in my view, could stand up to him.

From other eras, well, Nihilus or Vitiate´s esoteric powers could do the trick, but then again Momin had quite some abilities too and our Sith Lord was his end anyway...

14. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
  15. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    It’s amazing how much expression there is for a masked character. I *feel* his thinking and pain.

16. Andrew Hulik

Andrew Hulik Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2020
    thanks for all the feed back. a lot of help in settling this debate.
    so true... nothing can stop that now!!!!

DarthIshyZ and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  17. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
  18. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    Say what you want about the ST, but in terms of Rogue One and the comics, the new era has been a Vader fan’s delight. Well worth Disney taking over for that content alone.

19. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Agreed. The final battle at Scarif where Vader took out all those rebels was sublime.

20. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    I like what they did with Vader in Rebels and Fallen Order, too.

21. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    His appearance in Fallen Order was great and one of the best parts of the game. I've heard it said that Fallen Order starts out as a typical action adventure game but when Vader shows up it turns into a horror game. :vader::redsaber:

Vader's portrayals in recent years is probably one of the better things done in the Disney era IMO. I love Legends but I never liked how inconsistent his depictions were especially in the later years of the EU.

darthhelinith, themoth and DarthIshyZ like this.
  22. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
  23. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Chills man, chills. You know Vader is about to kick some ass.
    *squee*

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

24. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  25. Merlyn Emerald

Jan 3, 2019
    Several thousand asses! Easy. :cool::cool::cool:

themoth, ah, one of the favorite moments of this game! Vader flung her away as easily as if it were a bug. =D= Lord Vader in this game is a real jewel. :)

Yes! This is some distinctive feature of the mask and the influence of milord himself. His mask is often literally "written" emotions, which is amazing, because there are a lot of characters in SW in masks, but they do not say anything. I don't know... I often see on Vader's mask such emotions as sadness, longing, anger and the fact that he is tired of everything and everyone. :(

[​IMG]