main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Boba Fett in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, May 9, 2020.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    On the plus side, it made him taller.

2. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    as a short person, I think I’d rather just remain short :p

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    RetropME likes this.
  3. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    I trust that Favreau/Filoni won't overthink it and just go with his Mythos look. The design is already out there and people love it. Just make the look canon ala Robo Maul's legs. I've always thought they'd go a similar route with Kenobi, as well. With his Mythos look.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I wonder if Slave I will be in the show as well.

5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Hondo probably repossessed it again lol. Imagine owning both the Millenium Falcon and Slave I at the same time. Unlimited Powah

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    In Legends Boba lost the ship temporarily and didn't recover it so people would think he was dead. (Bounty Hunter Wars series).

7. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Maybe it should be Slave 2.0 now? :p

Meh, you couldn't pilot both simultaneously [face_dunno]

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Mia Mesharad likes this.
  9. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Slave 2.0 would be different from Slave II. More like the original, but souped-up. I mean, Disney will probably want to sell more toys.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I think Slave II was destroyed (or badly damaged at least) in Dark Empire.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I agree with Slave 2.0 over Slave II. There will be a red stripe added and be called an upgrade.

12. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    I feel like that's a given too. The Slave 1 is too iconic with Boba that they'll probably just make a little change ala the ST Millennium Falcon and just go from there. Different wing-style maybe? But I have zero doubt the Slave 1 will be on the show, as well.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Mando: "It can't be you..."
    Boba: "You probably didn't recognize me due to the red arm".

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
  15. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Boba could just paint the wings red, nobody will recognize him if the wings are painted red.

This new Boba should also have a 'Vette like in the video

Darthur C. Clarke likes this.
  16. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm still not ready to believe this rumour. It's not Boba Fett we're getting but a similar sounding character....

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  17. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    You're right, it is one of the things that can be said about many characters in the GFFA. And, it's also one of the biggest complaints on these forums that a character is too powerful with no justification for their power.Well, of course, unless it's one of your (not you personally) favorite characters, then it's acceptable and awesome. To resurrect a character just to give them screen time and show how powerful they are is asinine. It was the same thing with resurrecting Maul. I love Maul. He's among my favorites, and even though they told a good story with him, it was still an asinine premise.

18. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    I'm not disputing his credibility. Nor am I questioning his standing as a great bounty hunter. Reputation and credibility do not equate super abilities that would lend one to believe survival of the sarlaac is easy for him. I just don't think there is enough there to resurrect him just so we can give him more screen time.

Sorry for the double post.

19. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I don't get all the "Boba Fett is overrated" comments. Boba was one of a select few hired by Vader to capture one of the most important bounties in the galaxy. He was genetically identical to Jango Fett, a man chosen by the Sith to be a template to the army that brought down the Jedi order as well as the guy who went toe to toe with Obi-Wan and brought down a Jedi Master. Sure, Boba fell down into a pit of doom like a chump because he wasn't paying attention but so did Palpatine in the same movie and nobody calls him "overrated".

All that said, I still want this to be a show mainly about our new characters. Though really Boba probably fits the tone and setting of the show than a lot of other legacy characters rumored to show up (it is, after all, a show about a Mandalorian bounty hunter-a concept invented for Boba's character).

20. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    The fact we didn't get to see BF do all the amazing things he's capable of is precisely the reason he is so clearly a character who deserves further screen time, in the TV side if they won't make a stand-alone movie for him.

21. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    But with that said, just because we as the audience don't see those abilities in action doesn't mean they aren't there. If you want to consider that as just an excuse to shoehorn in certain abilities, nobody can stop you from thinking that. But I still think that his status with Vader implies abilities that would certainly make him capable of escaping the Sarlaac, among many things he ought to be capable of doing. My money is also on him getting some help from somebody who somehow became aware of his predicament. Again, easy plot device by the writers, but I'd be alright with it. I'm not saying his reappearance won't come without its issues and questionable circumstances, but I don't think those are worth discounting his appearance entirely over. It will certainly be better received than certain other recent characters in the SW universe who somehow possessed tremendous abilities without ever receiving any training or practice in those abilities, if that's the standard we're going by now.

22. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    Anybody that says Boba Fett is overrated only needs to look at how popular Din Djarin is. They literally based an entire show about who and what a lot of EU Authors did with Boba Fett during the EU time. Yes, some stories were better than others but that's the downside of Disney not being able to let characters live up to their full potential when they're in movies starring Kenobi/Skywalkers/Palpatine.

What I like about introducing Fett now is that Din is an established character and we know who he is rather just just being a Boba knockoff. Now, they can be the Ying and Yang to each other and I think they can create a great story and tension between those two. I've always loved the Twin Engines of Destruction comic and I wouldn't mind if some story elements from that were borrowed. To see a one on one fight between these two would be the most epic thing, if done right.

23. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    And because we as the audience don't see those abilities, it could be because they aren't there. We've seen Din Djarin be an excellent bounty hunter without having any super powers or abilities. Having the confidence to stand up to Vader is not a super power. He most likely used to dealing with crime lords, so to show confidence and act in a cocksure manner towards Vader is not a big deal for him, but again, reputation, credibility and confidence are not super abilities.

If cool costumes are all it takes to be resurrected, then let's bring back Vader. His costume was cool. He must have survived being burned on the pyre. Jango Fett's armor was cool too. Let's bring him back too. And since Boba Fett is coming back, Jango is already cast. It'll make that an easy one to accomplish. And can we recast Leia just so we can have her strolling around the galaxy in the metal slave outfit? That was maybe the best costume in Star Wars history.

Again, I'm not disputing Boba Fett's reputation. I'm not disputing his credibility, or confidence. I'm not claiming he is overrated, nor am I saying he does not have appeal. I'm questioning the feasibility and plausibility of his surviving the sarlaac.

24. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    That hasn't been my point though. It's the other way around. Vader's confidence in Fett and in delegating important tasts to him is what implies various proven abilities on Fett's part.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Armor wise or face wise? Armor wise? No unless he he got his armor back from Cobb Vanth

Jaxxon- likes this.