main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books A/V Dooku: Jedi Lost, a stand-alone original audio drama

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Mar 27, 2019.

1. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    They should still put out limited editions for collectors. The 40 and up crowd are still out there. And like I said, any other franchise I like that does audio dramas releases them as downloads or on CD. SW should do the same.

2. KerkKorpil

KerkKorpil Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2016
    I agree. The collector editions for video games have been a great success!

Korpil
    http://sequart.org/books/47

3. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I really hope there’s a sequel or 2. We see how Dooku believe the Sith still exist and are ascending; how Dooku tells this to Qui Gon; Dooku and Sugo Dyas believing a war is coming; the commission of the cloning for an army; Dooku’s reaction to QGJ’s death and learning of the Chosen One and the Sith; hoe does Yoda know of the Rule of 2; how do Dooku and Palpatine meet, how Palpatine seduces Dooku, the training of Tyrannus; was the Confederacy Dooku’s idea; etc.

4. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I got the script for Christmas.
    Haven't read it back to back, but there are a few interesting points I have picked up in my skimming of it.
    I notice most of the Dramatis Personae isn't given species. I presume most of them are probably human when not otherwise stated, but very little information in that regard. (I still like Sidious's entry though.:p)

Grets Droom apparently is the on to kill Palpatine in Dooku's vision of the future. I was caught off guard by that, maybe it was just my mind filling in the blanks but I assumed it was Mace Windu when I listened to it.
    Jor Aerith was likely struck down in Order 66. She is a Mirialan, which leaves me wondering what their average life expectance is.

A lot of the scenes are set better, with descriptions of what it looks like. Crowded rooms, where specific characters are standing in relation to each other, and the like.

I could actually hear some of the voices in my head as I read it. I haven't listened in a few months now, but it remains a very good story in written form.:)

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  5. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    So I ended up using my free month trial for audible and this is what I used my credit on. I’m just a little over three hours in and I’m hooked!

6. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    They did a great job with this audio drama. I was very impressed with it.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I still don't own the script novel but need to...

devilinthedetails likes this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think my local Waterstones still has it in the SF section - at least they did the last time I was there.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  9. CloneTrooper9000

CloneTrooper9000 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    I’m a little over halfway through and I think it’s great so far, it’s really well done. It’s made me care about a character who I’d never had much interest in. I’d definitely recommend this.

AusStig, Jedi Ben and KerkKorpil like this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I just finished the audio version as well and am very, very impressed!! I never had much interest in Dooku's journey per se but now I find it very compelling and intriguing as it mirrors and reflects the changes in the Republic and the Jedi as a whole. I can feel the untenableness of their choices forcing and molding him into the path he eventually takes. [face_thinking]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 10

Jul 19, 1999
  12. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    That's a great point about how Dooku's journey mirrors the changes and arguably the growing corruption within the Republic and the Jedi Order as a whole. It sort of reminded me of Anakin's journey in that way. This was really one of the best works to come out of the New Canon so far in my opinion.

13. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    Does anyone know which chapter includes Count Dooku's first meeting with Assaj Ventress in the arena? I want to relisten to that part specifically. Just wanted to compare it to what was portrayed in the Tartakovsky Clone Wars shorts.

14. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    It's very early on, before any of the Dooku flashbacks happen.

superstardestroyer-1 likes this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Was that in the story? I have no recollection of it. If it was, must have been nothing like the Micro Series episode.

16. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Yes, its given as a flashback of Ventress's at the start of the audio-drama. The present day story doesn't take long after she becomes Dooku's apprentice.

It's clearly based on the Micro Series but it takes liberties to better fit into canon.
    For starters she's depicted as actually being a prisoner of Osika Kirske, and Dooku kills him after watching her performance in the arena, she then attacks him, he blasts her with lightning knocking her out, takes her back to his palace and declares she must prove herself if she wants to be his apprentice.

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I finally got around to starting this today (script version). Like a lot of books about the Jedi Temple from the old EU, this one also has that strong Harry Potter vibe. I dunno if it's the clan/house thing, or just being prankster students, or having magic teachers, or the goofy-but-serious headmaster, or what. But it's got that Harry Potter vibe.

Also Sifo-Dyas is channeling Ron Weasley. I'm not sure what my opinions about that are yet... not in the critical "I'm not sure if I like that which means I don't" sense, but more like I honestly am trying to figure out how someone who routinely causes as much mayhem as he does wasn't being watched in any sense when he ordered the clones.

Xammer likes this.
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Dooku: "I might as well be talking to the statues of the Four Founders."

I totally forgot this was a thing. Did one of the Founders dabble in the dark arts and live in the temple's dungeon? I mean that would actually make sense, there's a Sith well or something down there.

Harry Dooku and Ron Sifo spend time feeding a witch's Jedi's owl convor on the castle temple's tower.

Seriously, this book.

19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean that's a bit of a trend of Star Wars riffing on Harry Potter lately.

Even Palpatine is pulling a Voldemort in Ep 9

20. KerkKorpil

KerkKorpil Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2016
    Considering the Jedi Temple was built atop a Sith Chapel, doesn’t sound so crazy.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

AusStig likes this.
  21. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Plus, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't one of the Founders secretly a Sith? Or was that strictly a Legends thing?

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Founders?

23. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    Yes! I loved Dooku: Jedi Lost but this whole thing was ... weird.

I mean, Sifo-Dyas has always felt weird to me: when I first saw AotC, my take from the ending was that Sifo-Dyas hadn't ordered the clones, Sidious and Dooku just stole his identity to do it. Or at most, duped/mind-tricked/brainwashed him into doing it and then had him killed. Regardless, the ending reveal in AotC that Dooku is Tyranus, and thus definitely the man who hired Jango, is there to tell us that the Sith were behind the clone army ...

... but then everyone else seemed to be confused by it, and kept asking who ordered the clones. And so the EU made it that Sifo-Dyas ordered them, and then the Sith co-opted them, which seemed needlessly convoluted.

And now we have DJL, and Sifo-Dyas is a goofy teen who grows into a Jedi with what seem to be severe mental health issues, and not the kind of person who can either be left to wander off to Kamino on his own, or lucid enough to convince the Kaminoans that he is there in an official capacity as a representative of the Jedi and the Republic.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean Sifo-Dyas was a character created by the fact that George had a typo on the script and never bothered to change it...or something to that effect.

25. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I cannot stress enough how fascinated I was with the whole subplot regarding Yula Braylon. I want to see more of her and Arath and I’m willing to slaughter many small animals to the alter of Cavan Scott to make it happen.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.