main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Now May 26-29, 2022.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Apr 15, 2019.

1. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    Yeah, I got my passes through Lyte as well, but I imagine they'll transfer just like everyone else since they're in the showclix system. I'm sure we will find out.
    Since I purchased through Lyte, I was suppose to pick up mine at the Will Call window, but I'm hoping now they'll be shipped with everyone else's in 2022.

2. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    So do I just stay on Lyte since I was like #225, or will they kick everyone out and start over?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I was hoping hotels through connections would be carried over too and not cancelled. I wonder when they will re-open the hotel blocks for 'early access'.

4. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Maybe around same time next year?

5. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    If you plan on trying to keep that ticket I would wait and just have them cancel you if that's what they will do. The alternative is that it bumps you up as people cancel and ask for refunds and you get first dibs, which is pretty favorable

6. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I was in line to get a ticket to this years Celebration. I was wondering should I still stay in line?

7. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    The fact that it's two years down the road probably made it tough to just transfer rooms. I suspect it will be a while before they take reservations again.

8. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm sure they're going to see to it to have plenty of new content. I would even assume the announcement of a new movie. At the very least similar to what the Rogue One panel at Celebration Anaheim 2015 was like, just sort of a sneak peak and panel about what's to come, maybe a small audio teaser.

This is quite a ways away. And I wonder why the shift now to August instead of April. I just kind of figured this year was the outlier, but clearly they want this moved to August now.

I wonder what this says about ReedPop's contract as well. Maybe it had to get extended, assuming it was due to end after this year's Celebration.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  9. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I bet there will be many cancellations from people who already hold tickets, since who know what kind of dystopia we'll be living in 2022 ;) so tickets should open up through Lyte, or depending on the numbers, maybe they even go back through booking via ReedPop/Celebration website.

Hypatia and star_wars_is_good like this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - rate changes, etc would make keeping hotel reservations for that long hard. Note - if you have the credit card you purchased the tickets (or anything else) with and you aren't getting refunds, make sure the card doesn't expire before Aug 2022 or if it does make sure you keep it after the expiry date along with your new one. When we had the last Cele in London it was on the website that you'd need to produce the card and ID at 'Will Call'. I had one that expired between the purchase date and event and actually got a new one with a newer expiry date from the bank to avoid the issue. In the end they just looked at my ID (passport) and didn't ask to see the card.

11. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    yes

ChrisLyne likes this.
  12. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Reading the longer statement on their website they're selling all the merchandise online this year and those who request a refund will be given the option of receiving merchandise credit instead of a refund. If they take it they'll be given an extra 10% credit.

The Stormtrooper pin you get free if you transfer is 1 of over 50 and the full set is due to be revealed soon as I guess they're selling all the pins online. Will be interesting to see if they have key art products or if they save that for 2022. Same for the art show (guessing they sell those this year so the artists can make some money).

Darkslayer and Padme501st like this.
  13. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I don't see anything indicating any kind of virtual event on what would have been the dates of Celebration this year. I would imagine that would be announced along with the cancellation announcement. So I don't think it's likely we'll get anything of that sort either. It wouldn't surprise me if that was voted against by the people who would put it on who just wouldn't be all that into it.

14. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Just got notification from Reed that Cele. has been cancelled and the options are offered for refund or roll over, how many have received this?

15. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    I've been expecting Celebration to be cancelled for a while now but I'm not sure I was expecting it to be delayed to August 2022!

It's a lot of money for them to keep hold of but I'm going to have my Jedi VIP pass transferred over to the 2022 dates. I figure the odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field are better than the odds of securing a Jedi VIP pass for Celebration so I don't want to give what I have up!! :yoda:

I'd be curious how may VIP badge holders do decide to seek a refund. I'd hate to think what odds you'd get of being able to purchase a returned VIP pass assuming they do go back on sale for 2022!

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    yeah I wouldn't give up a VIP badge if I could make do without the refund, they are so hard to come by as it is.

17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I assume all VIP holders will hang on to them. Worst case scenario: if you can't go you can sell it back to Lyte later.

That really goes for everyone. Unless you need the money now, you might as well roll your tickets over and sell back to Lyte later if you have to.

ChrisLyne, Temp77 and Padme501st like this.
  18. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Have rolled the ticket over so I should not have to pay a higher price in 2022. but I would like my 2020 goodies I ordered, for the Cele. that wasn't! I wonder how many VIP holders sold the tickets on line? will more be offered in 2022? At least fans should be able to start saving up some sort of money now(hope people get their jobs back!) but... think about plane tickets, wonder how much more we'll have to pay for those, the airlines may want to make up for the terrible loses.(as well as hotels.)

19. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I have not gotten any email about rolling over my ticket, but since I have until August to do it I won't panic yet.

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You actually don't have to do anything. Rolling over is the default option. If you want a refund, just go to the Celebration site.

21. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  22. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    Awesome, more emails from Reed that I won't get! hahaha

23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Temp77 likes this.
  24. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Sad that they are not having it next year.

25. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm actually happy about this, since I had other plans for next summer.