main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.01 - Chapter 9 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 29, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 13, 2020.
  1. 10

21.5%
  2. 9

31.9%
  3. 8

32.6%
  4. 7

10.4%
  5. 6

1.5%
  6. 5

1.5%
  7. 4

0.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Isn't it speculated Jango stole the armour from a Mandalorian. possibly so did Boba?

I still feel its abit late to try and say Boba is a Mandalorian.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    What was carried over into the new canon about Boba and Jango in relation to the Mandalorians? Is Jaster Mereel and such still a thing?

3. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I remember it was Olmec in an episode of TCW that questioned Jango Fett being Mandalorian. I can't remember if it was Ahsoka or Korkie who brought him up, but Olmec was quite dismissive of Jango Fett.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    DarthKreVass likes this.
  4. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Nope, just the Clone War stuff where Obi Wan brought up Jango and Satine's people said he's no Mandalorian. Jango supposedly being from Concord Dawn is tentatively still canon, where Fenn Rau had his crew but nothing more has been done with that.

TadoFett likes this.
  5. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Ah okay I forgot about that conversation that Obi-Wan had.

6. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020

The Mandalorian culture of the series is based on the character of Boba Fett.
    Din Djarin is based on Boba Fett.
    The Mandalorians wouldn't exist without Boba Fett.
    So Boba Fett is Mandalorian.

This is the way :boba:

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Not according to the maker himself GL.

8. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    In all honesty though, it is just a Creed as was explained in season 1.

TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020
    Things can change.
    Lucas is no longer in charge.

Besides, it seems to me that Lucas very often changed his mind about certain things ;)

Force Smuggler, Avnar and Crod1992 like this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, I think This Is The Way is the way. It's a creed and an adoption of sorts.

TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    yess of course, but i think a way to make him mandalorian is for him to join the creed, his father might have been one once but Boba has known nothing but bounty hunting. We could see the redemption of Boba Fett.

RetropME, Tan-Wessel and TadoFett like this.
  12. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Another episode with just a masterful use of music. When the didgeridoo came in there at the end as Boba was overlooking all that had happened ... that was right out of the opening to Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. His desert garb even looked a bit like Max's in that scene (especially at the close of the movie).

[​IMG]

If it's an homage, it's a fitting one.

13. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    “I was a foundling. The Mandalorians raised me in the fighting corp. I was treated as one of their own.

Infers more than just a creed.

Shamear likes this.
  14. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Boba doesn't need to ba a Mandalorian. he already has a unique backstory. making him a Mandalorian also might be abit redundant at this point.

With jango i think even if he was once mandaorian, he obviously seemed abit of a rebel. id say he probably wasn't mandalorian though.

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    C’mon, this isn’t hard. It was a desperate last-ditch effort on his part, after the collective plan didn’t pan out. He didn’t intend to come really close to dying in order to kill the thing. He made that decision in the moment, and he certainly wasn’t sure it would work.

16. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    One thing I forgot to add in my initial comments on this episode. When Cobb Vanth takes the helmet off. I loved that you could almost see the look of what the hell on Din's face. Almost to the point of Din giving pause not sure what to do next.

17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The Cobb Vanth character is not necessarily how he appears in Aftermath, which is good here. Moreover the character on the show was quite good and well played by a good actor and in the end he hands over the Fett armor to The Mando.

Fett's motives are unclear but he might of been Fennec's contact in Season 1. I guess his cue music is more a homage to going walkabout more than Mad Max. Seems more ritualistic.

18. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Honestly I had no idea it was Boba tell I read an article.

19. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I really love how they got pod racing in there with Cobbs speeder. Nice tough.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I have to say I loved the line before he got in that fight when he was asked if you want to do it in front of the kid & just mater of factly says, "He's seen worse."

21. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    It's part of the old EU, but the Jango Fett Open Seasons comic shows how he was raised on Concord Dawn and adopted into the True Mandalorian clan after Deathwatch murdered his family. In essence, he is a foundling, just like Din Djarin. Ironically, if still considered canon, this backstory makes Djarin's rescuers/adopted clan the enemy of Jango's.

I've posted this before, but nothing to date has contradicted that comic, and in fact, several aspects of it have been canonized. (Death Watch, the Death Watch logo, the Vizsla clan name, Concord Dawn, journeyman protectors, etc.). Almec's quote fits in with the story too.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  23. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    One little ittty bitty detail that that I'm sure we've never seen in Star Wars before but is an example of this show reaching out and embracing the concept of Star Wars meets the classic western; the packing straw the mining charges were stored in. That reminded me of a scene in a John Wayne movie called The War Wagon where the protagonists steal some nitroglycerin from a mining company to blow up a bridge.

TadoFett likes this.
  24. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    The whole "Is Boba Fett a Mandalorian" is really annoying... He was THE original Mandalorian until GL decided to mess with his backstory for whatever reason. So many characters in SW have suffered because the creators have messed with what we once loved about them [face_dunno]

The new "In vogue" thing driving me nuts is - bringing people back from the dead! :oops:It feels sooo silly when you have to say to a casual fan "No, no, no Palpatine/Darth Maul/Boba Fett (etc) WAS dead!!, but blah blah blah...

I love Palpatine, Darth Maul and Boba Fett as much as the next person but just use them in a timeline you can. It cheapens their story.

Boba Fett being alive is the only one I can be talked into because he lands in the Sarlacc, still has a jetpack on (whose to say he wasn't sliding down it's throat but still desperately trying to get it to work??) and could have blasted his way out :boba: I still would have just used him in the Obi Wan series... He's alive, it's presumably going to be set on Tatooine and it doesn't mess with anything :cool:

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  25. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I agree. Boba Fett was just designed to be cool. He was a bounty hunter, “no more, no less.”