main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.04 - Chapter 12 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 19, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 27, 2020.
  1. 10

11.8%
  2. 9

34.6%
  3. 8

31.5%
  4. 7

18.9%
  5. 6

2.4%
  6. 5

0.8%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    yeah seems more of the first order and resistance themes are coming, might mean sometihng for future stories.

2. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I believe there is a high probability it is this.

Gideon may have no clue that his self-perceived autonomy is all actually turning out to be another classic case of:

[​IMG]

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Palpatine has plans on plans, he can make you think you're doing your own thing but it was because he designed it to be soo. This could be like reflection off his manipulation like we saw in the clone wars series.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  5. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    I loved the episode, probably will give it a 7, possibly an 8 after I watch it again (and again).

One thing I did not like is the reference to midi chlorians. I hated them in the PT, and I'm saddened by their re-appearance!

6. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    I enjoyed the episode. But now that I know where the story is going, a prequel to the ST, my excitement levels have gone down quite a bit. Im one of those people that despised the lack of storytelling in the ST so much that I dont even consider it canon. I understand I'm alone in this. But i was really hoping Favreau would be given free reign to create his own kind of sequel trilogy. and that they would essentially pretend like the FO doesn't exist. It's officially beginning to feel like Return of the Jedi was a fart in the wind and the Empire was hardly damaged. I get regimes dont fall apart over night and all. But nonetheless it's just hard to watch this episode and not feel like its all leading to the same conclusion the ST brought us, that being a cheaping of the universe and the lore. I was hoping we would dodge First Order stuff until later seasons and we might get some seasons without all of that. I know I come off as bitter and its unfortunate. But i just cannot watch the Sequel Trilogy and make any sense of how we went from the OT to those films. a lot of forced an unnatural story telling and character development in my opinion. It's the reason I couldn't care less about seeing Luke in any of these shows. That ship sailed for me. I'm still gonna watch and enjoy whats there, but eventually I'll just have to accept this personally as an elseworld story. Like i said though this is just for me its clearly working well for manhy.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    A good episode. Might be one of my favorites. Finally liked that we now know way more than we ever had but still have so much more to learn

8. Darth Trevius

Darth Trevius Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    i too wish the sT was discarded and do lucas version from scratch with fresh actors playing the o3 .. parts of mando are ok but the cutesy baby yoda is too kermit meets mickey 4 me to enjoy

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean it isn’t going to be. The way this show is going it will certainly tie into the first order.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    OK. We have the "Wish the ST didn't exist" quota met. Let's try to not send this thread (and forum) into the pit over that trilogy's right to exist.

I am not a fan of it but I'll be damned if I won't allow this fine show the opportunity to improve on it.

11. dick rodgers

Feb 23, 2016
    i don't even need a remake of the ST. I just wish that Iger and friends realized how limiting that story, or lack there of, is on the greater story. Mandalorian is the perfect opportunity to just move on and ignore it all. and it has all the goodwill in the universe. with the first mention of Palpatine, Snoke, the First Order, I immediately check out of that immersion. This is a ME problem. Many will love this and eat up that connective tissue. For me, it makes the future of this show less exciting in a multitude of ways. I consider Clone Wars and Rebels canon because George and Filoni are besties and they worked together in many aspects of those series. But I am not excited for Ahsoka to get thrown into the mix that is the ST. How do you explain all of these good men and woman not helping out in Rise of Skywalker? It forces all of these exciting characters who have morality and would play a big part into hiding. Bo Katan, the Mandalorians and whatever happens after Bo takes the throne again. Ahsoka. etc. They just dont exist in those films.

Edit: sorry Chorus i didn't scroll down when replying to his or her comment. I wasn't trying to derail the thread. Simply discussing what i felt this episode was implying and all that but definitely wasn't trying to create some forum battle.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I like the ST movies, love the Last Jedi and think Snoke is great character in that movie, so Mnadalorian improving on it so mutch better for me. Give me all the Snokes you can throw me.

13. TheChosenAlpha

TheChosenAlpha Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 15, 2020
    I mean I hate the ST too, but I kind of like what they're doing. It would be highly unlikely that Disney decides to do a reboot and forget the ST ever existed, it's a part of star wars canon now and it's too late to go back. The next best option, is to do what the Mando is doing and find ways to make the ST better. Star Wars eventually is going to go on to what happens after the ST. They can either leave it be, and leave fans with nothing but bitter memories of the ST for when it picks up, or try to set something else up that could make fans actually excited about the future beyond the ST.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    There are quite a bit of them to be caught.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Am now awaiting Palpatine jr in Mando,:p

16. dick rodgers

Feb 23, 2016
    I think for me personally, the Disney story is just too distracting. I love Mando, dont get me wrong. I have been all about Favreau as an artist ever since he literally created the template for the MCU (Kevin Feige has been aping this tone ever since). I am going to do my best to enjoy where this story goes and seeing Ahsoka live action and all that. But shoot, can you imagine Favreau's Mandalorian without any pre-set conclusion? If he could go ANYWHERE. and it really just was the next story after Return of the Jedi. It's frustrating for me. I wish I felt differently, and i say that with sincerity. I think ultimately I just am looking forward to whenever we time skip far past the ST story. Because with all the OT lore and characters, I can't ever see past what to me feels like a cheaping of the uninverse and its characters. Like i said though, this is my opinion alone and I'm happy SW fans have a great show to get hyped about.

17. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I really don’t think it will feel THAT much like a prequel to the ST but rather one with some clear ties now and then for those who connect the dots.

I would be thrilled to be wrong though and if Filoni and the story group somehow really saw this as a chance to flesh out the beginnings of the ST more with the ambition they brought to the Clone Wars it would be fantastic. I’m not counting on it but if Filoni and company have as much free reign to bring Snoke into play by the end as they did Maul I will be forever thankful. Not only because I think it would make Snoke more interesting overall the same way the expansion of Maul in Filoni’s hands helped the character, but also because it would help the sequel trilogy immeasurably.

Would be a great way to increase the antagonism and resentment of Snoke if he somehow was the one to kill Ashoka. The Kenobi vs Maul rematch was fun but imagine an Ashoka fight versus a younger Snoke where she slices his face and makes it what it is. Alright, now I’m getting ahead of myself. No chance they do all that in a show. [face_laugh]

whostheBossk and darthfettus2015 like this.
  18. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Snoke is an awesome character throughout the Last Jedi and Andy Serkis gives the third best performance in the movie behind Adam Driver and Mark Hamill. TLJ has flaws, Snoke is not one of them. Hopefully Disney will move forward as if the Palpatine clone does not exist. Bringing him back was just a terrible idea from day one.

19. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I mean Filoni did flesh out Maul and Grevious more (I won’t say Thrawn based on the novels but he still brought him in) so I suppose anything is possible. If he’s shown one preference beyond Ashoka it’s that he doesn’t like established antagonists who he knows the fandom know of sitting there underutilized on the shelf if they can be played with and Snoke would be a fun action figure for him to play with by the end.

TheChosenAlpha likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean Grevious was barely fleshed out. I could see this show fleshing out characters but I doubt it

DarthRamRod likes this.
  21. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Also the Snoke / Darth Plaguis theme

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Snoke is Darth Plaguise and Palpatine confirmed

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I could see this show fleshing out Snoke little not mutch like Boba Fett. I mean we know from Canon that he has had been in contact with Luke fo before the ST trilogy began. We might see Snooke in the Ahsoka show as her unlitmate hidden villain. And Filoni likes to flesh out characters, Snoke will be given the Maul treatment based on this episode.

24. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    So I saw it. Yeah its mainly filler except for the ending.
    Now the filler was fine but nothing really new. It was enjoyable but standard stuff of them wiping Imperials out by the dozen. Iv seen it so many times now its gotten tired.
    Now the most interesting bit was the ending and the Sloane character and of course the revelation of what they wanted Baby Yoda for . I wish they'd covered that more as it was the most interesting stuff in the episode but instead we just got some generic action scenes.

Overall 7/10

One thing I will say I love the idea of Carl Weathers directing himself while doing baby noises to a doll [face_laugh]

nilzo antonio likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Whenever a director appears heavily in the work they are directing I always get a chuckle thinking about them doing it

Bor Mullet and fett 4 like this.