main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    So Obi Toppin's number on the Knicks will be #1

So he's Obi 1

2. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
  3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I thought we could use a post with some new uniforms. That’s part of the normal anticipation for a new NBA season, and we could use some normal.

Gonna put them under tags cuz the images are kinda large.

Spurs fiesta theme is back!

[​IMG]

Nets tie dye!

[​IMG]

The new Denver jersey kinda reminds me of Utah’s red/orange, except Utah’s is ugly and Denver’s actually works.
    [​IMG]

Warriors have an Oakland jersey with the Thunder era colors.
    [​IMG]

There’s something about the city/state logo for the Pistons that makes it look small town rec league. I actually thought it said Flint, Michigan at first. They keep messing with the red/blue combo but they can’t quite get it right.

[​IMG]

Juliet316 and DarthTunick like this.
  4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Denver seems to always hit it out of the park with those jerseys.

And those make me hate the Warriors even more. Such an obvious cash grab / middle finger all at once. Sure, we're going to leave Oakland. And sure, the entire time we were playing in Oakland we never put Oakland on the jersey. And, they are trying to get out of the money they owe they the city for leaving on a technicality that clearly is against the spirit of the agreement. But, sure, put Oakland on the jersey to try to sell a few more.

LloydChristmas and CT-867-5309 like this.
  5. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I was going to say something similar, but I don't have a dog in it. It seemed...patronizing. Like slashing your tires and smashing your windshield, and then feeding your parking meter.

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    hate to say it but i agree. not that it's surprising. i am a fan of the team, but ownership/front office/marketing for the warriors is generally not great.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Bam Adebayo getting the max extension. Heat were said to want to delay it to keep cap space for Giannis next summer. Signing him now almost certainly means they won't have the cap space next summer to go after a max. And, with Bam and Giannis sharing an agent, the tea leaves seem to strongly suggest Giannis signing that super-max.

8. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Sign and trade is still an option.

Pistons sign Wayne Ellington. Glad to have him back.

Runjedirun likes this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Ellington is a gem. What a solid player. This signing is the most sane thing Detroit has done all offseason.

10. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    He's nothing special, but I'll be happy to see a familiar face that can shoot.

I miss Andre.

[​IMG]

tom likes this.
  11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Lonzo Ball to the Knicks.

Or we riot.

12. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    WELL THE CAVS JUST SIGNED THON Maker SO

DarthIntegral likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    LeBron signed a two-year extension with the Lakers, meaning he will hit free agency the summer his son is eligible for the draft if the NBA changes the one-and-done rule as they are widely suspected to do. So, basically, it's all set up for the Cavs to sign Bron and draft Bronnie in the summer of 23.

15. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    This is the kind of NBA long term planning I can get into.

16. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Pistons gave Josh Jackson the full room exception, when he should be a minimum salary guy. Troy Weaver certainly is aggressive.

Also signed LiAngelo Ball to an Exhibit 10 contract. Hopefully he doesn’t make the team, because I’m close to just walking away from all sports after that Thanksgiving game.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Pistons front office strategy session:

[​IMG]

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Westbrook for Wall is happening

19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    whoa, congrats runner - if we can ever go to games again that is.

20. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah, I was just going to say he's in town and I can't go see him, LOL. Maybe he'll stay on for '21-'22 :)

Edit: It mostly bites to be honest because you have to buy a cable package to watch local games. It's way more expensive than League Pass and I can't afford to watch any basketball this season if I don't get a job. But I am trying.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  21. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Kind of a sideways trade. Puts pressure on them to deal Harden.

Weaver is going to do something to top this by midnight tonight. Nobody tops Troy Weaver’s aggressive sideways moves. Nobody.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    All the Rockets fans on their SB Nation are responding like they won the championship. The Russ hate in Houston is brutal.

23. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Also known as Every 2k Season Lloyd Has Simmed Since 2018

Runjedirun and DarthIntegral like this.
  24. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Russ is going to start racking up triple doubles again. Washington was a horrible rebounding team, and other than Russ, they haven't acquired anyone better at it. The only big who's a decent rebounder is Bryant, and he's only average (though with his wingspan he should improve). They picked up Rolo; he's a poor rebounder. Better offensive than defensive; he's big enough to box out, but not mobile enough to actually chase down rebounds, which is perfect for Russ. Wagner and Hachimura are poor rebounders. Bertans is an awful rebounder. The only other guy who is a good rebounder for his position is Troy Brown, who is a wing.

Russ is only 35 triple doubles shy of Oscar's all time mark. I don't think he'll quite get that this year, particularly with only 72 games and COVID to deal with, but if things go smoothly, he'll come close. Over/under at 30.

Runjedirun and DarthTunick like this.
  25. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005