main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Changes at the Praxeum for OTP #19, One Shot.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 7, 2021.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    "Changes at the Praxeum"

Characters: Luke/Mara, Kyp/Sevrina

Disclaimer: Borrowing everyone except Sevrina LOL

Notes: For OTP Challenge #19, RomCom Redux. You roll a dice for each of the columns to get elements of a romantic comedy on one side and things to include on the other.

I got 6, surprise announcement, and 5, pets.

------

When it was announced that the Jedi Praxeum would form secondary Praxia on different worlds so that trainees could acclimate to a variety of settings and cultures instead of the entire Academy being in one location, the reactions were mixed. Some applauded this as making the Jedi more inclusive and accessible to knowing the broader populace while others said it was fragmenting the order and would make consolidation and consensus difficult.

"I guess time will tell," Mara mused.

Luke agreed. "There'll always be critics no matter what."

"In case of an attack, the entire Order won't be wiped out in one fell swoop," Kyp Durron added thoughtfully.

Sevrina gave him a look that said, "Thanks for being such a cynical pessimist."

He threw her an apologetic look in reply and Luke grinned sympathetically at Sevrina's unspoken objection. "There is something in what Kyp says, though I hope it never comes to the test."

Mara added with a sparkle in her green eyes, "Since you are such an enthusiastic advocate, Kyp, we decided to ask if you'd head the one slated for Dantooine."

"Well," Kyp rejoined, "That will definitely take some considering and talking through."

"I don't know if that was a compliment or if I'm being shifted off to some backrocket world." Kyp groused when he and Sevrina were relaxing after third meal.

Sevrina laughed. "Of course it's a compliment! They trust you to lead resourcefully and efficiently."

"At least we won't be expected to put out all the fires. You and I won't have to worry too much about unpredictable crises pulling us in different directions."

"That sounds great," Sevrina smiled. "So if we decide to have kids someday, we won't have to worry about being thrust into the midst of every volatile situation."

"It's looking more like a good thing when you put it that way." Kyp grinned.

"Well, we had less of an objection to the ancillary Praxia idea than I might have feared," Luke remarked to Mara.

Mara shrugged. "It's a good balance, as we talked about, not spreading ourselves too thinly, while at the same time not clumping all together either."

Luke frowned. "Maybe that was part of the problem with the Old Jedi setup? Or if not a problem, something that didn't help..."

"Yes," Mara said looking in the cooling unit. "I'm going to have some leftover ribenes."

As soon as she finished warming them, Chew Barka came nonchalantly strolling into the dining area. "Oh, no you don't!" Mara shooed him away. "This is people food."

Chew Barka gazed at her with soft pleading eyes but she held firm.

Luke laughed and surreptitiously fed Sneakers a piece of leftover cake.

"I saw you do that!" Mara said sharply. "When Han and Leia get back from their trip to the Naboo Lake Country, they're going to find Sneakers is an incorrigible pest at the table."

Luke flashed her an innocent grin. "Hey, I didn't start it. Tanda and Jaina have been treating her all this time."

Mara mock-glowered and Luke laughed.

"Having pets even temporarily is fun," Luke mused, "Maybe we should get some of our own?"

"Yeah, what would we do with a couple pets underfoot?" Mara retorted.

Luke said with gentle mischief, "Practice for when we eventually have kids, perhaps?"

Mara shot him a look as if to say, "What... did I hear what I think I heard?"

Luke smiled and slipped an arm around her. "You cannot fool me, Jade. You cannot say you mind trying to 'make' one."

"Ha! That part's a pleasure, and you know it." Mara said readily.

Luke flushed with gladness and she laughed, and he kissed her tenderly.

fini

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love the couples being together and the naughty pets

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Beautiful! And Kyp [face_love]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    So true. LOL

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  5. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    He says, with managerial experience under his belt ...

... I'll bet he generally gets a treat on the sly, though!

6. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Funny little scene. :)

7. amidalachick

amidalachick Fanfic Festival Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    So cute! And excellent use of the prompts! I adore Chew Barka and Sneakers. [face_love] Love Luke and Mara's banter too!

[face_laugh]

Lovely work. =D=

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks much! Chew Barka and Sneakers are fun. :)

Kahara and amidalachick like this.