main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Animated Shorts Official *Tales of the Jedi* Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    TCW also says Jedi don't take babies the moment they're found.
    The Rodian mom from season 2 said her child wouldn't go to the temple "for some time".
    I figure it makes sense that they would want to be sure the babies aren't *completely* dependent on their parents before starting their training, but I can't imagine the average isn't more than a year or two after birth cause any later risks real memories and attachment forming.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    3 probably. I moved when I was 3 and I barely have any memory pre move. Just a few things and none of them even about my parents or family.

3. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    why? this is much faster.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    dick rodgers likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    A really odd decision that seems designed only to…disappoint? If it was called The Jedi of the Clone Wars, or something, I’d be happy. But by getting folks excited about some possibly ancient Jedi madness, they pulled the rug out.

Wait, so that Tales of the Last of the Jedi Tales book I read was just fan fiction?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2022
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'll jump on this. I'd like to know how it would be "retconned". That baby Ahsoka doesn't look old enough to stand on her own two feet. Clearly far younger than we've seen in the flashback image of Plo's first encounter with Ahsoka.

[​IMG]

6. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Don't Togrutans live to like 200+? So 3 in their years might not be equivalent to 3 in human years, albeit not as slow aging as Yoda's species obviously. So if that is the case, a 3 year old Togrutan might be equivalent to a 1 year old human. This is the way.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Did the Empire wipe them out; because outside of Ahsoka, we don't really know of any who've survived through the OT; much less the ST.

Though I vaguely remember mention of one Togrutan bartender in an Aftermath novel.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  8. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Was hoping that this would jump around more in the timeline, oh well. The young Dooku and Qui-gon stuff looks promising though. Seeing Yaddle was cool too.
    Perhaps they’ll eventually give us stories about more PT era Jedi, Mace, Depa, Adi Gallia, Plo Koon ect…

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    We’ll see. Can’t think of something I’m less interested in than a young Dooku story. Maybe young Grievous. But we’ll see. I’m open to things I initially didn’t enjoy being transformed into something I enjoy. As TCW did with the prequel era (for the most part).

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, right, as if a Baby Grievous show wouldn't melt your heart.

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I am Gr…ievous.

Good point. I’m tearing up as I type.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Well then you're in luck. Because it's ALSO a young Qui-Gon show.
    I feel like he would have a huge collection of baby rattles shaped like lightsaber hilts.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No in canon we have no clue how long they live in Legends it was either just as long as humans are slightly less. Gonna double check

I was correct they do live slightly less than humans in legends. But in Legends force sensitive individuals could live for almost 200 years for humans. When your normal human would only live between 100-120 years. So seeing as in Legends they gave 94 years. Let’s say a force sensitive one could live for 188 years.

In canon the age of basically any species average lifespan is not known.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  14. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Basically for all the species that walk and talk just like humans I assume they have similar lifespans as humans unless specifically stated otherwise.

15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I'm super excited for this, best announcement at Celebration.
    Long have I wanted to see in Animation (going live action too many issues) stories about

Yoda/Dooku-Dooku/Jinn-Jinn/Kenobi-Kenobi/Anakin (pre-TCW).

That we are getting 3 stories about Jedi Dooku with young Jinn gonna be fun. According to Filoni, might be some dark stuff in there.
    Closest we have seen to Jedi Dooku was that Yoda vision in TCW season 6.

cwustudent likes this.
  16. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    I'll watch this but I know I will be slightly underwhelmed by it because of what we could have gotten based on the title and logo they chose to give it.

17. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Regarding Ahsoka's age... it was shown in the "Children of the Force" episode of TCW that when the Jedi discover a Force sensitive infant, they don't immediately take it to the Temple but let it stay with its parents for a while. The Plo Koon flashback in TCW might take place after this short.

EDIT: Oh, @ConservativeJedi321 already said that. :p

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Don’t announce a feast and then offer cashews and water.

19. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    No reason to think if the reception to this is positive that there wouldn't be successive seasons branching out into other eras. And in any case, if the first Ahsoka chapter is any indication, these individual stories have the potential to carry just as much thoughtfulness and resonance as any Star Wars series.

Darth MikeSin likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would love a full blown series about it

cwustudent and starocean90 like this.
  21. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    me too, wonder if this could be a "pilot set up" for a full blown series.

Slater likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Something like that could easily be my favorite Star Wars series yet

starocean90 likes this.
  23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Of course I'm going to wait until I see the series before judging the story but I'm just a little disappointed they decided to go with TCW style animation again. Don't get me wrong, I love it and it shows how far it has come since 2008 but a part of me would have liked seeing a different animation style for the Dooku-centric episodes at least. I hope there will be another season with Jedi from all around the timeline and each episode with its own animation style if they keep the anthologies format

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Darth MikeSin likes this.
  25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    What a terrible article. Title- "Tales of the Jedi will show Ahsoka making her white lightsabers" Content- "Maybe Tales of the Jedi will show Ahsoka making her white lightsabers we don't actually know likecommentandsubscribe". CBR hurting for clicks I guess.