main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Star Wars: Ahsoka - Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 12, 2023.

1. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    The “time loop” or fate, or will of The Force, whatever you wanna call it. She realizes that there’s nothing she can do to stop Anakin, all paths lead to the tragedy. There would need to be some fill-in, write it how you like

Last edited: Sep 9, 2023
    Adamoss and rocknroll41 like this.
  2. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Here’s how it play out:

After many conversations, visions and ruminations, Ahsoka tells Anakin he will betray the Jedi Order and turn to the dark side. She tells him Palpatine is the Sith Lord and they go to face him together. An apocalyptic battle ensues, and they defeat Palpatine, but with his dying breath he says Anakin has now achieved the power to save Padme.

Ahsoka pleads with Anakin to not accept the power to reverse fate. He cannot refuse it, and then Obi-wan appears, ready to fulfill destiny and the Wills of The Force. Anakin kills Obi-wan in single combat as Ashoka watches crestfallen and exhausted. Anakin rises triumphant and calls her to return to him. Before she responds, Vader emerges from dark mist and Anakin’s eyes turn to crimson gold. He attacks his ultimate foe and commands Ahsoka to join him, but she turns away from him like she did before and leaves him to the Will’s designs.

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I absolutely can’t wait for the next episode. Too hyped, perhaps.

4. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    We already saw that scene from Rebels play out in live action though, so what you’re saying doesn’t make much sense to me.

Lord-Skywalker likes this.
  5. rocknroll41

May 28, 2013
    So if Baylan and Shin somehow ended up in Rey’s film, how will they explain the age difference? Does time run slower in the other galaxy?

6. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    They would only be 35+ years older

7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Are we certain that was the same scene?

8. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Rumor is.

She becomes Ahsoka the white after her WBW experience in episode 5.

If she does get left behind in the other galaxy im gonna guess she turns up in Skeleton Crew. As i swear there was a rumour she was to appear in that show. And Skeleton Crew will probably take place in that other galaxy. Aka Star trej voyager.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s what I’ve speculated since after Ahsoka episode 2 aired.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    with the leak that either Sabine or Ahsoka get left behind and or die I think it make’s complete logical sense that it’s Ahsoka and we get an Ahsoka the white meets Sabine scene again on Lothal in season 2 or the movie.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    The Filoni movie is liking coming out before series 2. if there even is a series 2 as Iger has suggested they may be going easier on the D+ shows. And with Skeleton crew in 2024 and Mando 3 who knows when, the Filoni movie could be 2026. I think Ahsoka appearing in Skeleton crew is possible and depending if they get home in that series it may end up just being a way to get Ahsoka in Skeleton crew and back into the known galaxy.

12. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Ahsoka has bathed in the living waters. She is renewed.

13. rocknroll41

May 28, 2013
    I suppose the scene we saw at the end of ep2 could be a “fake out,” but I’d rather it just be the same scene for the sake of simplicity. I’m fine with some “artistic differences” between live action and animation, even if we are meant to be seeing the same scene.

14. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Hyperspace ring behaved differenly than normal at least. It could for surely be a side effect of such jump. Loosely based on this real thought experiment: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_paradox
    So even if time is not different in another galaxy it may be that jumping such distances through hyperdrive could have side effects that include time warping or something that could explain something like that.[face_thinking]
    Since it's certainly something in SW galaxy that has not been done before and entire hyperpace seems it could cause very strange phenomena indeed.

pronker and rocknroll41 like this.
  15. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    It was the case in the EU novel Crosscurrent, with Sith ship traveling 5 thousands years in the future.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Problem is that it creates one more way for time travel. Only in one direction, but still.

17. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Since it is not a time change, does not seem a problem to me. Characters staying alive for hundreds of years via being in statis is not that different, storytelling-wise.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Carbonite too has served this purpose. But I don't like it much when characters can be easily transported from one era to another. It is just weird really. It was not part of original Star Wars setting so it feels kinda wrong to me. Sure it's not nearly as problematic as return back in time.

19. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    She still has to witness and tame the Mythosaur.

DannyD and rocknroll41 like this.
  20. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    Is that a problem or just how time works

Slater, Riv_Shiel and Foreign32567 like this.
  21. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Depends of what to consider as "original Star Wars setting".

rocknroll41 likes this.
  22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I meant that thousands of years jump. That's not how time really works IRL. It's a bit weird scenario that is interesting for sure but something we haven't seen a lot in mainstream Star Wars media.

I mostly mean Lucas 6 movies, original trilogy most of all. Han Solo was not in carbonite for very long. It has been established before in Legends that some characters have survived in stasis chambers or like for thousands of years though. So in that way it's not a new idea in Star Wars. But I dunno. Just not personally fan of it since it makes little sense from characters own point of view in most scenarios. It depends heavily on how it is written though.

Foreign32567 likes this.
  23. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I think Baylan wants to kill Anakin Skywalker’s offspring. He needs an armada to do it which is where Thrawn comes into play. He knows who Anakin was and what he became and won’t allow the same disaster to happen twice.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  24. Darth Saddius

Darth Saddius Jedi Knight

Dec 24, 2015
    After much time I have returned from the Netherworld to announce my thoughts on Ahsoka as we have reached the middle, episode 4 - a place of balance. To quote a badge once worn by legendary rock 'n roll curmudgeon Ritchie Blackmore, "everyone is entitled to my opinion." And so without further ado.......

I would rank Ahsoka along with Andor as the best of the live action TV shows although they are very different in their approaches. I scatter the following observations before you. Love the casting. The coffee cup scene in episode 3 was genius because we've all tried to move a cup using the Force, don't pretend you haven't. So happy to see Home 1 again, quite possibly the best starship shaped like a giant gherkin ever. I hope we get to see a bit more Clancy Brown as Giovernor Azadi. Pigs in.....er I mean Lightsabers in Space, yay!!!! I think the lightsaber duels in episode 4 were the dogs boll*cks (i.e. jolly good doncha know). I could really get a sense of each duellists particular combat style - e.g. Baylan's kind of very grounded solid as a huge oak tree vibe versus Ahsoka's more 'dance' stylee. Loved the space battle in episode 3 particularly the WW2 vibe of Shin's squadron of fighters and the appearance of Purrrrrrrrgilllllllls. Loved, loved, loved darlings the transport escaping from Corellia pulling the hyperdrive with cables, it was as mad as a box of frogs. Also loved the nifty shoulder drop Ahsoka did to avoid Marroks lightsaber when he retrieved it (Alas, poor Marrock! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.....). Kevin Kiner's score is veddy veddy good.

Alas I offworld for the next three episode so will have to binge them on my return. No Star Warsy bit of the internet for me so I can avoid spoilers. I know there is so much speculation concerning Anakin, Ahsoka and the World between Worlds, much of it profoundbut do not let these thoughts blind us to a matter of even greater import. Will we get to see Hondo Ohnaka. I got a fever and the only cure is more Hondo!

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t think we will see Hondo this season but assuming it does have a season 2 I think it’s possible

Darth Saddius likes this.