main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Ahsoka Episode 1.07 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 25, 2023.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Oct 4, 2023.
  1. 10

8.4%
  2. 9

17.8%
  3. 8

30.8%
  4. 7

25.2%
  5. 6

4.7%
  6. 5

7.5%
  7. 4

2.8%
  8. 3

0.9%
  9. 2

1.9%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    A little extreme. So Far the big hits have been, The Mandalorian, Book Of Boba Fett although devisive most liked it. Clone Wars new season, Bad Batch, Obi Wan and Andor and so far Ahshoka has been a hit and I love everything Marvel is doing! I think the low subscription numbers is happening to all streaming services and box office at the theater is affecting all studios it's a COVID-19 problem people have PTSD still aren't working on SSI and don't have a lot of money..

Happy Sando, Delpheas and rumblewagon like this.
  2. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    That was another really good episode; this series has been so entertaining.
    The beginning with Mon and Hera reminded a lot of TPM, both in the acting and dialogue. It made me smile. Great to see Threepio too.

The Anakin holo with Ahsoka training was a nice touch and Huyang continues to be one of the best droids. Tennant ftw.

Rosario is doing such terrific work here; I appreciate her approach to the character.
    Very good stuff here throughout, Baylan and Shin etc...
    This is shaping up to be one of, if not my favorite SW tv series so far.
    Gave it an 8/10.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
  3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    They should use the same tech they used to do a young Lando. It doesn't totally look like the OG Lando but it still worked!:p

Sarge and Delpheas like this.
  4. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I feel a bit icky about using an actor's likeness without their consent. That's the only thing holding me back on embracing an AI Leia. I thought AI Luke worked surprisingly well, but Mark Hamill was able to give his "okay" and even be part of the performance.

godisawesome and ShayaLothal like this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Retired Superninja star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 31, 2012
    This is one reason I’m really hoping they do an animated series set in this era to show what Luke, Han and Leia are up to without having to worry about recast or CGI.

TCF-1138 , HanSolo29 , DLCV and 7 others like this.
  6. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    This 100%.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Leia despises Anakin. She wouldn’t want anything to do with them.

Generational Fan and Delpheas like this.
  8. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    9/10.
    Same score I gave the third episode because of plot convenience. I just couldn't see how Ahsoka could get into her spacesuit so fast.
    In this episode, I just can't rectify how Thrawn got so many space mines. I suppose he might have told Morgan: "Get me a huge hyperspace ring to put around my Star Destroyer and a lot of hyperspace engines...and oh yeah some space mines while you're at it."
    Or maybe he had the space mines already on his Star Destroyer and offloaded them to make room for the dead nightsisters and thought now these will come in handy.
    But I'm going with plot convenience and a reason to make a big explosive entrance at the start of the episode. Great action, but stretches the boundaries of disbelief, even for the fantastical elements we get in Star Wars.

Sarge likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If they are going to do a Luke/Han/Leia show I think this moment right now is so or die. If the next animated show isn’t that I don’t think it will ever be that. And my best guess is it won’t be. If anything I would assume it would be high republic. But I would be down for a show with them. Luke/Han/Leia content is severely lacking post 5 ABY.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Why do say that? I’m not aware of anything in canon that goes into her feelings about her father but I may have missed it.

11. Galactic Bibliophile

Galactic Bibliophile Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2021
    I was confused when Huyang said that their speed was decreasing in hyperspace. I know hyperdrives (or their organic Purgill analogs) have speed ratings. The Millennium Falcon is the fastest at Class 0.5. Most military ships have a Class 1 hyperdrive. Most civilian ships are Class 4 (quite slow) and a bunch of ships inbetween these numbers. That’s fine BUT I always assumed that when you’re in hyperspace; you’re constantly accelerating with infinite energy until you reach your destination and return to the regular space-time continuum. How can you slow down before stopping?

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Bloodlines, Princess and the Scoundrel.
    I haven’t read bloodlines in a while but I do distinctly remember she hated him still

anyway in Princess and the scoundrel she struggles to use the force because she despises Anakin so much. She thinks about him any time she tries to meditate.

no she wouldn’t want anything to do with a recording of Anakin.

Generational Fan likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I haven’t read Princess and the Scoundrel but I don’t remember anything too major in Bloodlines. After Obi-Wan Kenobi I kind of feel like she would be open to learning more about him. I mean maybe not as much as Luke but I don’t see her ignoring that part of her family.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s more the fact he was Darth Vader. She never forgives him. I think Luke would appreciate it much more than Leia. I think Leia would just be reminded again of the person who killed her actual parents and tortured her.

Sarge and Generational Fan like this.
  15. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Some clarification regarding the fact that Chandrila is still the capital, but NR had to use Coruscant's administrative buildings because, well, it was used as capital for thousands years for some reasons, would've been nice.

Sarge and Delpheas like this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Simply dropping the silly idea of the capitol rotating like it’s the Olympics would be even better.

17. Delpheas

Delpheas Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 23, 2023
    She was 10, 12 years later she finds out her father was the man who tortured her and held her still while she watched her entire world destroyed. I think her feelings soured after that.

In neither Canon or Legends does she have warm feelings toward Anakin, and just gets worse the more she learns about what else he did. In Canon she doesn't forgive Anakin until TRoS.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    What if Baylan simply stays in this new galaxy to create something new? He wants to end the cycle of violence between the light and dark so while Thrawn returns to the GFFA and wipes out the last remnants of the old order Baylan stays to create an order that adheres to his philosophy of using both the light and dark. He doesn’t want to be Emperor. That power is fleeting. He wants a legacy that stands the test of time. Just a thought.

ShayaLothal and Generational Fan like this.
  19. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Agree. After all, it could be mentioned that "well, it was a noble idea at the beginning, but then we realized that it is impossible for infrastructure reasons, so the Senate ended staying on another rich Core world"

Sarge likes this.
  20. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    8/10 this week for me, solid for sure but a step down from the 2 previous episodes

21. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Which would be a great way of maintaining the Baylan character; irrespective of Stevenson's passing (rest his soul).

Baylan stays, transforms into something more; including a change in appearance with a mask or something more. That way, a new actor can play the character and he returns in a future movie to play the lead antagonist.

The premise is a very good one IMO and circumvents the need to kill him off at the moment. It's also a great way to weave connective tissue through the overall narrative where his character is has feet in multiple camps; the Old Republic/Clone Wars, this era post-ROTJ and a future era post-ST.

22. artooo

artooo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    My Baylan Theory in the Spoiler below:

When Jacen Solo fell to the dark side in 40 ABY and became the Sith Lord Darth Caedus in an attempt to change the future, he unintentionally awoke Abeloth. Abeloth | Wookieepedia | Fandom

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  23. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Hmmm... After the last few solid episodes - This one felt like it was just spinning it's wheels.

I feel like Filoni plays in George Lucas's sandbox like a kid in his fathers garage. He has all the tools but isn't quite sure how to use them all. The old "A character is only as smart as the person writing them" is becoming more and more evident. Thrawn (at least to me) does not seem any smarter than the average bad guy...

The lightsaber fight used to be the WOW moment of a SW film/series. Here? It feels as though they are thrown in to kill another 5 minutes. Most have no real resolution/consequence, and appear as though the characters are just swinging a glow stick around. The tension gets lost when character's shrug off what should be mortal wounds. What bothers me is that it doesn't have to be that way...

Sabine? Should have been slashed. Instead? Got ran through!
    Ahsoka? Should have been knocked unconscious and left for dead at the bottom of the cliff. Instead? Spent God knows how many hours underwater! You kill the stakes when you hand wave away these situations.

Andor was a show that felt grounded and had real stakes. That's what happens when you give the reigns to a steady hand.

Baylon is the shows standout. I just hope that what they have been teasing with him has some kind of payoff.

It's not all doom and gloom though, there are some really good moments but they have to be balanced against the bad. The one particular storyline that is grinding on me is Ezra and Sabine. We see minutes of them together and a few conversations. Are we really to believe that for the other 23 hours of the day Ezra would not be getting a full 360 on how Sabine got there? How they are going to leave? What's going on with Thrawn? Etc etc etc

24. HD89

HD89 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 18, 2008
    I love Andor. LOVE it. The duology of that show and Rogue One is some of my absolute favorite SW content since 2005. Cassian Andor is a marvelous character and a fantastic addition to the SW franchise.

But man, each and every time fans of Andor hold it up as some paragon of perfection in order to disparage other SW content, it makes me like it a tiny bit less. I don't want to, but I can't help it. It grinds my gears.

Personally, I am a huge fan of Ahsoka. It's my favorite live action show, closely followed by Andor. I didn't like this particular episode and thought it was by far the weakest of the season - as I posted in this thread. But not once did it cross my mind that "oh, what this show is missing is that it needs to be more like Andor".

To me, the sooner we can all come to an understanding that both these great shows can exist in the SW universe, without needing one to be more like the other, the better off I think we will be.

25. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    You are mistaken. It is true that the Jedi generally couldn't sense the Yuuzhan Vong in the Force, and there was speculation that the Force could be unique to their galaxy (in-universe speculation); but it was eventually affirmed that 1) yes, the Force is universal, 2) the Yuuzhan Vong DO exist within the Force, and 3) their traditional connection to the Force was cut off from them by a planet-wide being on their homeworld, and is restored to them at the end of the series.

godisawesome and BOBA-FETT-82 like this.