main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: The Bad Batch Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    we love indistinguishable blobs here

Barriss_Coffee and MercenaryAce like this.
  2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    New episode guides up:
    https://www.starwars.com/series/the-bad-batch/identity-crisis-episode-guide
    https://www.starwars.com/series/the-bad-batch/point-of-no-return-episode-guide

Most noteworthy things to me are that the Denny's commercial species finally gets a name, Tarlafars, and the world that the baby was taken from is Caraad, not Zeffo as some people speculated. (So many cool looking worlds in these shows with brief appearances I would love to see explored more in the future. Specifically worlds I want to run around on in a videogame, preferably open world.)

Very true.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    My review:

I was bored throughout the entire double-episode and I mean REALLY bored. I barely paid attention throughout both of them. I'm still no closer to understanding (or caring) about Project Necromancer and the long wait to see Hemlock get what's coming to him bugged me. Not even the Force sensitive children or the sterile boring scientists could lead me to care for the plot.. Heck, Nala Se's double speak bugs me and Emerie's "origins" remain elusive. The second episode was no better. Sure it was good to confirm the three cadets were there but...I didn't feel anything when the Havoc Marauder went up in smoke or that Omega was captured or that Wrecker is out of action. Oh no, Omega is being taken back to Wayland and I'm like whatever. I don't know if my enthusiasm for Star Wars died over the week since Ventress or I'm just done with the expanded material on the original six films at the moment. Maybe I need a break from it all. When Bad Batch is done I doubt I'll watch Tales of the Empire or even the Acolyte.

I've lost the spark and drive to do anything Star Wars related and I think these double episodes and the Tales of the Empire trailer have emptied my tank. Or perhaps my nostalgia for classic EU characters such as Mara Jade, Garm Bel Iblis, Borsk Fey'lya, Admiral Daala, the original Solo children, Kyp Durron and even the Yuuzhan Vong is far outweighing my interest in the Bad Batch. The air has been knocked out. Things might change next week, who knows, but just this week, my desire for more excitement from an otherwise dull Season 3 really has kicked in.

Sorry for this dull review. I'm usually more interested but as you can tell, I'm not.

Sarge, Golbolco and Vialco like this.
  4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I don't think Sidious is in any danger of dying at this point, quite the contrary. The Jedi are gone. The Senate is neutralized. There's no one left to stand in the way of these insidious experiments. The sooner Palpatine can attain immortality, the better. The research seems to be very tricky and very difficult, so the sooner he starts, the better.

As for Wilhuff, the man despised the Jedi and clearly dislikes that funding is being diverted from his cherished Stardust. Keeping Tarkin and by extension, Vader, from these projects is vital. Both men would not take kindly to the type of experiments being conducted here, particularly if they knew the purpose. Vader even destroyed Jocasta's youngling datacrystal to keep Force-sensitive infants out of Palpatine's twisted grip.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I honestly don’t know how you can be bored with it, but I liked Andor and I know that show can bore the **** out of some people. So maybe I am just built differently :p

6. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Andor STARTED boring, but got more interesting.

Sarge and JediFett10 like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I know plenty of people who thought the whole show was boring but then again, I also know a lot of people who have horrible taste in entertainment.

8. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    The entire show boring? that's a, choice. The raid on alderni is very exciting (and has a gun fight too).

Sarge likes this.
  9. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    Man, what if Tarkin found out the full scope of the Emperior's activities. That could be an interesting what if story.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    As I said. Bad taste

then again I like the prequels so…

11. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red 15x Hangman Winner. star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 25, 2004
    I just started watching Jason Bourne on Disney+, and I'm thinking to myself "this is awfully similar to Bourne Supremacy". And now I come here and am being told that Bad Batch is ripping off the Mandalorian.

AusStig likes this.
  12. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Good taste, obviously.

on the show

I do not like Ventress with hair. it's just, weird.

I do like how she disarms the batch with no effort.

Lol Ventress is the warcriminal? I guess they don;t know what Crosshair did in ep 3.
    Omega, remains the same, which is fine.
    Oh a giant ammonite, am I right?

haha just shot the (mother?) not even pretend to be helpful.

Kids and their questions haha (also sad).

It's fine I guess, seems we are setting up Em for a turn.

Oh Fi knows something is up, but not up enough

Oh boom. just as they were leaving too, ironic.

Big guy down (though not dead, yet)

and the Imps moved in, in typical imp way.

That is one way to stop the theft, seems like a waste of resources to me though.
    Self sacrifice and a risky (zany) plan.
    Why not turn the tracker off before they scan you?
    Hunter is a good swimmer.
    wow a clean miss, haha it wasn't even close. I hope that was due to the hand shake (i think it was) and that cross does NOT get better, he is more interesting without his skill to fall back on.

4 episodes to go.

13. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Regarding parallels with The Mandalorian - from a certain point of view, Mayfeld and Crosshair have somewhat similar story arcs.

Alpha-Red and Golbolco like this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well my thoughts on the comparisons between Mando and the bad batch

[​IMG]

Alpha-Red likes this.
  15. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016
    I had actually forgotten that
    the Havoc Marauder was blown up. I think I blanked on it, even though it was a substantial moment. Weird. Now I only feel stronger conviction that this season is leaning on Mando S2. When was TBB S3 written? These seasons are usually written 3 years in advance to compensate for animation, yes? Assuming no pandemic shenanigans, that pegs TBB S3's scripts being finished around 2021... only a year following Mando's conclusion.

I'm not saying it's 1:1 or expecting the same kind of twist ending (after all, it wouldn't be a twist if I expected it). I'm just surprised is all.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Is anyone else getting the feeling that the BB either aren't going to make it out of the last season alive, or if they do, they are drastically altered in some way?

They have already tried lying low and just living normal lives. This doesn't seem to have worked. Even if the Empire suddenly looses interest in Omega, can they easily just go back to business as usual without always looking over their shoulders? It seems the plan is that they're destined for something, either teaming up with a larger rebel group, or... something not as optimistic.

JediFett10 likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Plus I really don’t see
    Omega being like guys we saved the clones on Tantiss let’s all chill on some farming planet. Echo has rubbed off on her in that way. Even if the clones at Tantiss are saved she wouldn’t just call it a day. Especially when she see’s all the force sensitive kids in the vault.

My out of left field prediction is we see the founding of the hidden path at the end of the show.

18. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    That is my HOPE. I hope Wrecker and Hunter both die and crosshair can die too or just be unable to fight. To me it would be very boring an predictable if they join the rebels or some such, I say kill them all (except Omega), that would be different.

JediFett10 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, my suspicion is that @Jedi Knight Fett is entirely right and there's really no other way to do it, unless
    they go with tragedy. Which would admittedly be more unexpected and I sort of would appreciate a surprise at this point, but I can't see Disney letting them kill half the cast on a TV show.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  20. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think we may lose one or two major characters. But the remaining Bad Batch and Omega will keep fighting and see the Birth of The Path.

JediFett10 likes this.
  21. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I mean
    They did kill everyone in Rouge One.
    I would be disappointed if the rest of the BB lived.

Alpha-Red and JediFett10 like this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I do t think the bad batch and Rogue One are the same. As it stands now. I can see possibly two of them surviving. Wrecker and Crosshair.
    wrecker because they already had him explode. Crosshair because well I would hate to see him die now. He’s a perfect example of why redemption without death is great.

Hunter on the other hand? I could see him dying

23. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I thought Echo but he barely been in this show lately. So yeah Hunter is the most likley.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    in regards to echo I do find it incredibly funny how obvious it is, the writers make it that he’s the least favorite person to write because he never shows up lol.

25. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I actually feel the opposite regarding
    Wrecker, I feel like him getting exploded is designed to nerf him ahead of a large battle to make him easier to kill. It will take time for him to fully recover, time they don't have. I guess we will find out.

AusStig likes this.