main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL - The PT Social Thread: Best Thread Titles on the Internet

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by cubman987 , Sep 1, 2023.

?

Favorite OT movie?

1. Star Wars (A New Hope)

12.5%
  2. The Empire Strikes Back

45.8%
  3. Return of the Jedi

41.7%
  1. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
  2. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I am usually one of those guys that think "really? another one?"

but I'm trying hard to fight this knee-jerk reaction I have when it comes to stuff like this. Take the new movie Mufasa: The Lion King, I kinda raised my eyebrow at the idea, but then thought 'eh just because I don't wanna watch it...doesn't mean somebody else doesn't' like a family with young kids, it's geared to them, not me, and for that reason alone has the right to exist.

All I would like is a good story, whether it's an original concept (getting harder and harder as it's all been done, and done again) or Spider-man: The Last Train Home (the sequel to Last Bus Home) etc
    hiya!

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  3. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Last time I watched a movie not based on a comic book or a sequel/reboot was… Sunday, thanks to the glory of the almighty Pop Tart

4. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth Force Ghost star 7

Sep 4, 2021
    Is there a documentary movie about Pop Tarts then?
    [​IMG]

5. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    *plays Family Guy's 'Have You Ever Put Butter On A Pop Tart' song but can't because of TOS here* :p

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.
  6. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    You've got something there. The only two movies I'm excited for is the new Deadpool and Venom films.

I wasn't going to rant about awful trailers that were forced down our throats when we saw TPM, but I changed my mind.
    (I will say, thank goodness the decide to show that awful acolyte show after the movie. Dodge a really boring bullet.)

There is some new movie IF which is just a cheap knock off of the beloved cartoon, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
    Cartoon Network should sue, I know I would. I will say this, the big difference between IF and Foster is, Foster's never made me want to set myself on fire.
    [​IMG]

I'm not even going to dignify the Planet of the Apes one millionth installment with a response.

And the others ones were forgettable, (in this case it is a good thing)

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.
  7. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    [​IMG]

8. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    "why, you having fun?"
    -Willy Wonka

9. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    Willy Wonka was Mod on the JCC?
    [​IMG]

10. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm pretty excited for Furiosa in a couple of weeks....

11. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    Now is Furiosa is spin-off of Mad Max?

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    It's a prequel to Mad Max: Fury Road

13. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Another trip to recount, probably the last of this holiday (going to Gardaland theme park tomorrow then a rest day before the journey home). Today we went to Bergamo, a city divided into the modern, sprawling new city, and the tightly-packed old city sitting above it on a hilltop.

This shot of the main high street shows off the two parts of the city quite well:
    [​IMG]

A large church with a dome down in the new city:
    [​IMG]

An impressive clock tower in the piazza:
    [​IMG]

Up in the old city, accessible via a funicular train, I spied this lovely little garden:
    [​IMG]

A bizarre shop window, purporting to sell hairbands and showing off a selection of hats in the most peculiar way imaginable with a series of ghoulish masks. Also note the tiny photograph of Queen Elizabeth II; evidently we’d stumbled on an enclave of Italian Monarchists [face_hypnotized]:
    [​IMG]

A small church we looked in on had an odd pulley system keeping a crucifix suspended in midair. Presumably it’s so they can manoeuvre the messiah down for a bit of feather dusting every now and again:
    [​IMG]

A view of some of Bergamo’s upper city walls and surrounding hills:
    [​IMG]

Yet another funicular took us up to a high-perched castello, where I got this shot showing the old city above the vaster new city below. I got some closer photos of some of those domes and towers in the old city later on:
    [​IMG]

Here are the turrets of the castle I spoke of:
    [​IMG]

It was at this point it began to heavily rain, including a single flash of lightning and deafening thunder rumble. Luckily we had coats, but still quickly headed back down to the old city. Up next is the main square in the old city, the first photo is from before the rain, the second from behind is after:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seeking shelter, we ducked into another church:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got a photo of this statue because it looked so unintentionally sinister to me, like a dark lord or something:
    [​IMG]

Sorry Carlo Borromeo, whoever you were, you just look unsettling in statue form :p

This other church is right beside the previous one, though we don’t go inside due to high mass being in progress:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There was a small shrine or baptistry adjacent to the two churches:
    [​IMG]

Lastly, I found this lion sculpture adorning one the church doors amusing:
    [​IMG]

Poor guy, getting sat in for all eternity.

Last edited: May 8, 2024
  14. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    @darkspine10, I love the statue of the girl in the garden. Do you know if that statue was based off of someone in history?

darkspine10 likes this.
  15. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I’m afraid I wouldn’t know, it was in a garden only visible through a shut gate, although there wasn’t any identifying sign next to the statue either. It may just be an idealised sculpture though, not based on an individual, but any more than that I can’t say for sure.

Jedi Bluth likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Aren’t allowed to be it’s a spinoff of a preexisting work

Jedi Bluth likes this.
  17. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    I just found out it that they are bringing LOTR back to theaters next month!
    [​IMG]

PCCViking and darkspine10 like this.
  18. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    which is a sequel to Mad Max: Rage Street (2032)

PCCViking likes this.
  19. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    If hollywood and movie theaters are still a thing, by then...
    [​IMG]

Huttese 101 likes this.
  20. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    JKF log out of Bluth's account and do your homework..before Cub loses his temper and bans us all....including Guidman

21. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
    Can a mod ban a mod?
    [​IMG]

22. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    in the old days in IGN no :p
    they needed to be demoted first and only an admin could do that.

and VIP's couldn't be banned by new mods, only managers and higher for the same reason.

(reminds me of an incident in CCC a few years back in 2009, a JCer came causing trouble baiting CCCers and the brand new mod (Qui-Gon_Reborn) couldn't do anything except edit his posts because he was vip, a manager stopped it all about half an hour later) was quite a night.

Nowadays, I suspect mod etiquette says while a mod could ban another mod, they would not, they would go to an admin and let them handle it.

23. Jedi Bluth

Sep 4, 2021
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I patiently wait for mods to follow Seagoat's lead and ban themselves.

But, Rick is correct about the old standard of "mods not overstepping jurisdiction", although we have come a long way since then... at least in terms of "Hey, staff member: If you see a serious problem, confront it, regardless of whether it's your forum or not". For non-catastrophic problems we do encourage attempting to wait for the regular forum mods to handle it, since they are more familiar with the typical content of the forum and the personalities of the forum's regulars.

Dandelo and Jedi Bluth like this.
  25. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    If only