main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Only that his original 7, 8 and 9 concept involved the Emperor, rather than Vader, and no Death Star II.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 10

Jul 19, 1999
    Instead we get the Emperor back with a fleet of new Star Destroyers, Freudian Nightmare class.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  3. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So the past few weeks I've been binge-watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on Disney+/Hulu. And then just today I walked into a boba tea shop that also had all these toys on display. In particular they had an entire wall of Funk Pop dolls, and when I leaned in to look closer, I immediately saw a bunch of characters from Fullmetal Alchemist. Seemed almost like a dream, like my subconscious had pulled something from the back of my mind and put it in front of me in real life.

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Gary Kurtz said that in 1999, but he could have been combining ideas from various points in the writing of the Original Trilogy. No notes, treatment, or script were ever written for an Episode VI in which Sheev doesn't die or in which Leia isn't Luke's sister.

5. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Hmm, so I was just googling "mouse cursor star destroyer" and I was very disappointed to see that there are none that turn your mouse pointer into an Executor-class SSD. I mean it's almost the exact same shape as the default arrow...and the internet's been around for 30 years!

6. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    Apparently, Mel Brooks is working on another Spaceballs movie

HMTE and Alpha-Red like this.
  7. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Ooo, they should totally parody The Marvels with that silly plot of theirs involving the bad guy stealing other planets' atmospheres to transfer it back to their homeworld.

HMTE, PCCViking and MercenaryAce like this.
  8. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005

Found this video and thought the old music does work well for this scene.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
    HMTE and Alpha-Red like this.
  9. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    As my area of the United States continues to get pummeled by a pretty merciless heat wave, my mind has been drifting back to when I was a teenager spending lazy summer days in the backyard reading WEG RPG books and planning out Star Wars adventures for my friends. And I have to say, one of the heartbreaking things about the present era is that there isn't an active, well-supported tabletop RPG out there taking advantage of this period of constant growth in the franchise. What I wouldn't do for, say, a Crimson Reign Sourcebook or Draven's Rebel Field Guide or material along those lines. Just kind of a shame how much of an opportunity is being lost.

jSarek, cthugha, Vthuil and 5 others like this.
  10. HMTE

HMTE Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2021
    If they don't call it "Spaceballs II: The Search for More Money" I'll be terribly disappointed.

11. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Agreed. They were great resources for naming and establishing backgrounds for various species, locations, and technologies from other sources, and it is easy to feel their absence when looking around more modern stories.

Honestly, I kind of miss the old star wars miniatures too - yeah overall miniature quality wasn't great, especially compared to legion, but boy did they have a nice variety, and often tied into whatever the current big thing is in star wars. I often find myself wondering what miniatures we might have gotten in the line had lasted longer - maybe a dawn of the jedi set? Invasion? Sequels? Solo? Fallen Order? Mandalorian? Bad Batch? Lots of cool stuff I think.....

12. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    Not sure how many Transformers fans there are here, but someone drew Bumblebee as an A-wing and podracer triple changer.
    [​IMG]
    (art by Cuillere)

13. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
    Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm working in a place with practically no internet the next three weeks and can't watch Acolyte. This is killing me! :_|

I look longingly at the Acolyte thread without entering, thinking all the while "imagine all the fun they're having!"

...and then I think reasonably and consider that nomatter what this show does, it will be controversial and people are probably throwing virtual chairs at each other. That is probably what I'm missing this week, right? :p

(I have to say that at least through last week's episode, everyone in Lit has been surprisingly chill compared to the general abuse this show has been getting. There are some complaints, but take a look at say, Google's audience reviews. It's got a 1.5 rating and the reviews are more toxic than the acid-blood from Alien. (also some of them claimed to have seen future episodes and comment generically on those too, which is like... wtf? How is that even allowed?)

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 10

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh. You think it's fun in there, do you?

Senpezeco and FS26 like this.
  16. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I mean, by all accounts I'm pretty sure 95 percent of the people giving it 1.5 star ratings would be banned from the JCF...

Jedi Ben likes this.
  17. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Something cool I just rediscovered flipping through Emissaries to Malastare: the Jedi High Council opening with a sort of prayer/blessing chanted by all the sitting members.

Yoda: with all of us may the Force be...

Mace: and may the peace of this temple be ours...

Yaddle, Saesee Tiin, Ki-Adi-Mundi(together): a place open to thought and speech...

Adi Gallia, Oppo Rancissis, Even Piell(together): a realm of mutual respect...

Eeth Koth Yarael Poof(together): and a haven of shared noble purpose.

Depa Billaba: Let us take our seats together, with no one above the others.

Plo Koon: May we work together in trust, free from the restraints of ego and jealousy, at this gathering and all others to come.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2024
  18. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
  19. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    A new post on the Numidian Prime blog lists many of the times Story Group was able to leverage concurrent development to "seed" hints to upcoming stories in new canon. There were actually a couple in there I wasn't aware of, including a blink-and-you'll-miss-it bit of continuity between the Resistance series and the Poe Dameron comic, and some foreshadowing of the Zeffo at Galaxy's Edge, months before Jedi: Fallen Order released. A highly worthwhile read, particularly for folks who think Story Group exists only to prevent "continuity errors."

20. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    That does sound interesting, thanks.

Makes me wonder if they are seeding anything right now. There are a fair few references to the Old Republic, specifically what was the New Sith Wars in legends and just the Sith Wars now...but I don't want to get my hope up about that, might just be a good source of Macguffins.

The Positive Fan likes this.
  21. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm personally really curious what these were.

Darth_Duck likes this.
  22. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    I wouldn't be surprised. I'd be keeping an eye on Charles Soule's comics - many of NP's examples were found there.

23. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Does anyone know if John Ostrander has ever expressed a connection between Sharad Hett and Paul Atreides, and A'Sharad Hett/Darth Krayt and God Emperor Leto Atreides II?

It sort of struck me how similar they are as I was just reading the first few pages of Emissaries to Malastare just now. First of all, the Dark Woman testing A'Sharad feels similar to Bene Gesserit testing of Paul, with th verbal sparring and emotional testing. Obviously Tuskens have similarities to Fremen, and A'Sharad wearing Tusken clothing kind of gives a stillstui vibe.

That said, Sharad is an outworlder with special powers that came to a desert planet, was taken in by the natives of the desert and rose to become their leader. Taking them to war against their outworlder Interlopers. A'Sharad is born to that life, later returns to Tatooine to lead the tribe, falls to the dark side and is bonded with vonduun crab armor that sort of turns him into something else. And he, of course, adopts the name of his home world's giant desert apex predator. Darth Krayt, and becomes emperor.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2024
  24. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I believe I found his Twitter account. But, if it is him, he hasn't posted anything in over 3 years. So asking him there probably won't do much good.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2024
  25. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    It might be pointless anyway, because after doing some digging it turns out it was Timothy Truman that created A'Sharad.