main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Baseball Draft Seven - Say Hey From Baseball Heaven

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jun 29, 2024.

1. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Make Wang answer this one

2. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Join now. Understand later. Maybe.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  3. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 6

Feb 13, 2001
    Ok. I'm in.

I'm gonna be annoying for awhile asking question. Fair Warning.

How do I start?

Juliet316 and SithOverlord101 like this.
  4. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Juliet316 and Jedimarine like this.
  5. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    How long do I have to work on this?

Good thing I have time off work this week.

6. LMTShawn

LMTShawn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 20, 2022
    You don't have to name your team or pick a manager or anything until you want. No rush. Plus, the draft will literally take like 4 months lol

Last edited: Jun 30, 2024
    Juliet316 and mnjedi like this.
  7. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
  8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball/SWC Jedi Commish/SOS Cultural expert star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yes. We now own the next year of your life.

9. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    No returns.

10. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    It's the best part!!

Amazing.

11. LMTShawn

Jan 20, 2022
    It really is!

12. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball/SWC Jedi Commish/SOS Cultural expert star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    How would we feel about a noon eastern deadline on Wednesday for Expansion Teams to declare, and then a live broadcast on Wednesday night with the Draft Lottery? Would then give everyone the holiday on Thursday to set their keeper strategy, and we could kick off the draft on Friday.

If we're good with that, that noon deadline will also apply for @Dark Lord Of The Empire and @Wang Chi to select their prizes for coming in 2nd and 3rd in the Classic (obviously, DLotE needs to go first on that one).

From the Office of the Commissioner - Released to the Inty-Grated Press for Immediate Distribution

History is ready to be made, as FODEUSS expects to become the major league with the largest active collection of Franchises. Currently, the record is held jointly by the American League and the National League at Fifteen (15) teams apiece. But, thanks to a recent Expansion Boom, FODEUSS has tied that record and is expected to award one additional expansion Franchise, which will give them the record.

1) Every City Bandwagoners
    2) stone temple seattle pilots
    3) Performance Enhancers
    4) San Francisco Six Demonbags of Phoenix
    5) Let's Play Two
    6) Amazings
    7) Game of Throws
    8) Northern Shores Gales of November
    9) Sithi of Osten Ard
    10) San Diego Surfers (Expansion)
    11) Reseda Free Fallers (Expansion/Revival)
    12) Expansion/Revival Franchise awarded to AutumnLight91
    13) Expansion Franchise awarded to Dark Lord of the Empire
    14) Expansion Franchise awarded to Jedimarine
    15) Expansion Franchise awarded to Mandalore Yak
    16) Expansion Franchise that I know somebody is going to claim to keep us at an even number of teams and give us the record

Era For Draft 7

Based on what we discussed at the Winter Meetings (In June), we will be doing a selection to determine our era during the draft lottery. The eras we are yet to play in, and the chances given to them, are below:

Early Years - 1 set of years (1895-1899)
    Deadball 2 sets of years (1903-1907, 1916-1920)
    Rebirth - 3 sets of years (1921-1925, 1926-1929, 1934-1939)
    Boom - 4 sets of years (1961-1965, 1966-1970 (but not 1968), 1971-1975, 1976-1979)
    Defensive - 5 sets of years (1980-1986, 1987-1992, 1980/1982/1984/1986, 1981/1983/1985/1989/1991, 1980-1992)

Just as I did last draft, once we decide upon an era, I will select one season from that era and share it with one person and one person only (for accountability) until rosters are locked. This year, that person will be @Juliet316

note: Can someone remind me why the Deadball Era only has ten years of the entire span possible? I'm sure there's a good reason we omitted 1908-1915, I just can't remember what it was. I know why we aren't including 1968 and why we excluded the WW2 years last time, but I can't figure out the other one. ​

Draft Lottery Odds

Picks 1-7 will go to the Expansion Teams. They will have flat odds for the lottery. (Note: @Dark Lord Of The Empire has the option to select an additional chance at the Draft Lottery from his prize pack from the Classic. If he does this, he'll have double the chances to win, and everyone else will have flat odds).

The End of the Draft will be:

16. heels / Every City Bandwagoners
    15. tom / stone temple seattle pilots
    14. AmazingB / Amazings
    13. Pointy / Performance Enhancers
    12. Wang / Six Demonbags of Channeling Their Inner Arte Moreno

Picks 8-11 will be determined by the second lottery, with chances to win the lottery as such:

mnj / Northern Shores Gales of November - 44% chance to win the lottery (11/25 entries plus a bonus entry for winning the Classic)
    Cubbie / Let's Play Two - 32% chance to win the lottery (8/25 entries)
    Rx / Game of Throws - 16% chance to win the lottery (4/25 entries)
    Shawn / Sithi of Osten Ard - 8% chance to win the lottery (2/25 entries)

note: Six Demonbags of Chinatown could potentially enter the lottery as well. This would happen if DLotE does not opt to take an extra chance in the draft lottery and Wang then does opt to take it as his prize for the Classic.

note: for both lotteries, we will draw for the highest available pick, then remove all chances for that player, and keep the remaining players in with all their chances for the next available pick, and continue that until the order is set. I'm not going to calculate the odds for each pick - you can do that yourself.

note: Odds for the returning player lottery do not included the bonus entry given to mnj.

note: lest you doubt the importance of the Draft Lottery, keep in mind that last year's champion was the winner of the returning players draft lottery. ​

Division Assignments

We will also draw for Division Assignments at the Draft Lottery.

The teams that participated in the World Series will be automatically allocated to opposite divisions, with Every City Bandwagoners going into the SANDLOT Division and stone temple seattle pilots going into the ALoaSD Division. We will then do a random draw to put the other three playoff teams from last year into those (2 into one, 1 into the other), then the 4 returning lottery teams (2 into each division), and then the Expansion Teams (4 into one, 3 into the other)

Juliet316 and mnjedi like this.
  14. LMTShawn

Jan 20, 2022
    I am going to be out of town starting Wednesday and coming back Monday the 8th. I don't have to be at the live broadcast. All this does, however, is speed up the process of trying to make some keeper trades for those teams looking for acquire keeper level talent prior to the draft beginning. With that being said, and to get a head start, the following holdover players from last year's team are officially ON THE BLOCK for draft pick compensation, Intybucks, etc. from expansion and returning teams:

Mike Trout
    Pete Alexander
    Roy Campanella
    Willie McCovey

If you're interested in any of these players, send your offers by tomorrow night and let's work on some trades!

Point Given likes this.
  15. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Couple of announcements from Northern Shores.

1. Nations League Championship manager Bullet Rogan is being retained for FODUESS 7.

2. officially locking in keeper slots

Josh Gibson (Franchise)
    Bullet Rogan
    Lefty Grove
    Christy Mathewson

Point Given likes this.
  16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Fun theme today for Canada Day.

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Juliet316

Juliet316 Time-Traveling F&G Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Apr 27, 2005
    Doesn't the bulk of World War I fall under 1908 - 1915?

18. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    If only there was a sign, something in the news or pop culture to help determine who that should be...

19. LMTShawn

Jan 20, 2022
  20. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    The power of one (Shaq)
    The power of two (Shaqs)
    The power of many (Shaqs)

21. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    No lie I just read that while on a work call and had to turn off my camera [face_skull]

22. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    I'll take the +1 chance in the lottery and the extra 8th round pick for my second place package, please.

Wang Chi, LMTShawn and DarthIntegral like this.
  23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    how does that pick that i got from dp work with the lottery, or is just added to the end of the round?

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I was going to slot it in between the lottery picks and the playoff teams picks, since you acquired a pick from a non-playoff team. So it grades out as not quite a lottery pick.

LMTShawn, Juliet316 and tom like this.
  25. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    *has absolutely no idea what is going on*

Is there like a master roster list for all teams somewhere?