main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books New DK Books for 2024 - Rise and Fall of the Galactic Empire, Star Wars Encyclopedia

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Positive Fan, Dec 2, 2023.

1. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    In what context does the person in question show up?

Sinrebirth and Havoc123 like this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Claiming to be Palpatine’s daughter and with a new middle name of Nataasias… which is very similar to Natasi (Daala). She attends social gatherings on Coruscant for years after the war.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2024
  3. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    So she's not his niece anymore? Is her last name Pallopides or Palpatine?

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Anything about the Inspectorate? The dapper internal affairs gent who assesses Vader’s competence in Gillen’s run claims this is the agency that sent him, and I’d never heard of them before. It had me wondering how they relate to the ISB, who have that sort of role in most stories, though Gillen’s Inspector Thanoth is a lot more pleasant than the average ISB legbreaker for sure…

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Ederlathh Nataasai Pallopides.

darklordoftech and AusStig like this.
  6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord 38x time Wacky Wednesday winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 2, 2012

Maybe, for the One-Canon:

she's legally his niece (her mother is Palpatine's sister and married to a Mr Pallopides) but claiming to be his daughter - her mother and him having had an incestuous affair, according to her.

QuinlanSolo and ColeFardreamer like this.
  7. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Or adoption. The papers just got lost is all.......

8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Remember, she was the grand-niece, in Legends.

9. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Somehow that doesn't seem like the greatest campaign pitch, especially since the Empire technically is an elected monarchy to begin with.

Plus, no need to go that far or get that complicated. An obscure relative could just pass as some long lost daughter, perhaps even claim her previous identity was a fabrication to protect her, similar to Trioculous' lie about being a hidden prince in his books.

Adopting a relative is a common move for nobility or royalty lacking heirs, it would be a believable enough story.

AusStig likes this.
  10. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Like Augustus to Cesar.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  11. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    So does that make Daala Nero then?

Gesendet von meinem FP3 mit Tapatalk

12. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    In legends maybe. Don't know Canon.

13. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2016
    I feel in my heart we’re at the tipping point of Ysanne Isard’s canonisation.

the mentions of Armand were plentiful in this book.

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Would be cool if they were saving her for something big. They've done a pretty good job bringing back the old baddies (Thrawn, Domina Tagge, Valance, Durge, etc).

15. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    The Ismaren family is ready and waiting!

Gesendet von meinem FP3 mit Tapatalk

16. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Have the Hands been mentioned post-reboot, here or anywhere else?

Ventrix and Golbolco like this.
  17. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    In rebels, Gar Saxon was referred to as Emperor's Hand, though that might have been in the more generic sense of being the top imperial on the planet.

Similarly, the Project Harvester episode of TCW was supposed to be foreshadowing of Mara and co's lives and it is still canon.
    And the canon-adjacent Freemaker Adventures has a force sensitive imperial spy who works directly for the emperor and isn't an inquisitor.

Sooo...technically nothing unambiguous yet, but the building blocks are all there is anyone wants to bring them back.

18. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Any information on what was mined on Jelucan?

MercenaryAce likes this.
  19. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    Great book so far! Love that we got info on what happened on Dizon Fray!

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Yes! That was a decent deep-dive.

MercenaryAce and KamNale like this.
  21. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Just had a flip through so far, but already it is looking good.

I am especially amused by how it writes around not yet made material or contradictions, such as the bit about the size of Kreegyr's force.

Similarly, I absolutely love the discussion of imperial policy on a day to day basis, such as discrimination in the education system, rather than focusing entirely on the big moments. Though the analysis of the big moments is impressive as well.

I do kind of wish it expanded a bit more on some topics mentioned briefly in various sources - like the other governments from the aftermath books or the CSA's partnership with the Imperial Remnants/First Order which I expected to come up in the bit talking about Pryce - but those are minor nitpicks.

Chrissonofpear2 and AusStig like this.
  22. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I think there are some places he could have gone into more detail...I am towards the end and he is writing about
    Would Rebels be welcomed home by families who felt they turned their backs on the Empire. As well as the question of whether former Imperials would be welcome on NR worlds. That is something that could have used examples.

Somewhere like Jelucan I would see welcoming everyone home. The Imperial 'loyalty' of the citizens being based on 1st Waver honor meaning once they committed to the Empire they were stuck and 2nd Waver thinking they were getting a good business deal...until they learned otherwise.

Eriadu on the other hand...being Imperial to the core...I see them having no problem with welcoming home former Imperial...but former Rebels maybe having problems.

And a third option is are there worlds that would not only not be welcoming to former Imperials...but flat out tell them to never come back. To maybe even arrest, prosecute and execute any former Imperials caught in the system.
    .....oh...and...they didn't tell us what ore was mined on Jelucan. [​IMG] [face_whistling]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2024
  23. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    Is it true that the book recanonized the Imperial Apologist who wrote a book on Thrawn?

24. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Apparently Hiram Drayson has been recanonised (and his game model resembles the extra standing next to Blissex at the briefing in ROTJ anyway). What role does he play?

25. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2016
    Yes, that character is mentioned as being around during the ST, though it also cites another in-universe book about Thrawn by a seperate character under a different title.

MercenaryAce and AusStig like this.