main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph One Thread To Rule Them All: The Rings of Power, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings & Middle-earth films

Discussion in 'Community' started by -Courtney-, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    And they used that take. "His scream of agony makes it seem like he's just really passionate about rhyming," explain the showrunners in a "Inside the Episode" featurette.

Bor Mullet, starfish, mnjedi and 2 others like this.
  2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    40 year old Viggo played 80 year old Aragorn. A 70-80 year old Viggo may play a 40 year old Aragorn. It rhymes, like poetry.

Maybe they could also use him just briefly as part of a framing device, which Tolkien himself often used. Like it’s King Elessar recounting the story to his son Prince Eldarion, or to curious Elanor (Sam’s daughter) that time Tolkien wrote she became a handmaiden to Queen Arwen when they were in rebuilt Annúminas by the lake in new Arnor of the Reunited Kingdom, and she lived in Gondor for a while too.

Last edited: May 30, 2024
  3. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    but that featurette is not available on streaming, only if you buy the DVD that will be available five years from now lol

4. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    “And his boots are yelloOOOOOH ****, ****, damn that hurts *whinpering* think I broke something, ****.” Really gets to the heart of Tolkien.

5. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    these yellow boots were made for walkinarrrrnaaarrgggg

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    “Look Elrond, here comes Tom Bombadil, he is always game for a laugh and a jig!”
    “Hey come merry dol derry dol my ahhhh Christ **** I think I oh god it’s not supposed to bend that way god god argh ****”
    “Jesus **** somebody call an ambulance!”
    “No, no I just **** just need to put some weiaarrrgh god mother of ****”
    “**** me man it’s bending the other way don’t ****ing step on it just go down man!”
    *Audible sounds of a crew member vomiting*
    “Hail and well met jolly guardian of the wood.”

Last edited: May 30, 2024
  7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Every once in a while I feel like I've heard every take and all information that could possibly be enlightening about Tolkien's Middle-earth. And then I'm always pleasantly surprised. This video does a great job at Tolkien hinting what changes from Sauron's sincere desire for atonement at the end of the First Age when he surrendered to Eonwe (even if out of fear), to what he must have been thinking about all that we know was happening in the first thousand years of the Second Age before Sauron turned back and started to show his hand again, all that "wasteful friction" like the Elven schisms in Lindon, and how he seemed truly surprised and didn't have an army ready for a hundred years after being rejected with putting-on of the One Ring.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  9. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Alot of Empire Magazines pictures come out recently. Of Annatar, wights a new troll, Elrond and more.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Shaka, when the walls fell

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  12. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    His ass wide.

13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo!
    Ring a dong! hop along! Fal lal the…f ….f...ity f.... ffffff…willow!

T2Q EDIT- Language warning. You know better.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2024
  14. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Greetings fellow Hash Pipe by Weezer misheard lyrics enjoyer

cwustudent and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. Jedi Bluth

Jedi Bluth 10x Hangman Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 4, 2021
    [​IMG]

rocknroll41 likes this.
  16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Excuse me. It's "wiped", not "wide". If you're going to get the lyrics to a Dr. Mario-sounding rock track wrong, at least get them wrong correctly.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2024
    BigAl6ft6 and RokurGepta like this.
  17. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010

18. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    That's because Gandalf doesn't come into play till a thousand years into the Third Age. But then again Bombadil also never went to Rhun (because why would he) and the Barrow Wights didnt begin appearing in the Barrow-downs until after the Dunedain succumbed to the Great Plague. About 1400 years post Third Age, evil spirits were sent by the Witch King of Angmar, who wished to keep the Dunedain from resettling that region.

Basically lore be damned. These showrunners made Mordor with steam in less than an hour lol

Last edited: Jul 6, 2024
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Olorin could have come in the Second Age, just not as Gandalf. Similar to how he protected and taught Elves in the first age of the Elves.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    We got our first look at Cirdan in new reveal.

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Rogue One veteran, Ben Daniels. Died heroically in the Battle of Scarif under the steady command of Admiral Raddus. Great actor, actually. And he looks just right as Cirdan.

Now I just have to pray that they go with a very different design for the Grey Havens than the films did. Not into that fuzzy gingerbread city by the sea look.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2024
  22. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Always bugged me that Tolkien finally takes you to the Gray Havens at the very end of the narrative of LOTR and... you get zero description of the place.

cwustudent, rocknroll41 and Ghost like this.
  23. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I know we're living in difficult, challenging times, but at least the Lord of the Rings musical has come to Chicago's Shakespeare Theater:

https://www.wbez.org/theater-stages...tates-premiere-at-chicago-shakespeare-theater

"Chicago actor Ben Mathew, who plays Pippin, also plays the cello and must wear the large instrument strapped around his neck the entire time he’s on stage — even in battle scenes. In a creative reuse, his instrument’s bow becomes a weapon of war used to launch arrows at hordes of evil humanoid monsters known as orcs."

July 19 through Sept. 1. Tickets from $59.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2024
  24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I love legitimate theater.

Ghost, BigAl6ft6, Ramza and 4 others like this.
  25. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Theatrical rendition of where there’s a whip, there’s a way or everyone involved are cowards.