main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Does Maul wear the same outfit during the Mandalore arc of S5 as the Siege of Mandalore arc in S7?

study888 likes this.
  2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Yes, although an alternative outfit based on his appearance in Solo was also designed and went unused in the Siege arc:
    [​IMG]

I believe this hooded version of Maul is the same as that seen via hologram earlier in Season 7, in the episode Together Again when he communicates with the Pykes, but it's hard to tell whether it's not just a variant of his Season 5 outfit instead.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2024
    study888, Count Yubnub and cwustudent like this.
  3. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    *prays they use it for Tales of the Sith S01*

Darkslayer, study888 and Count Yubnub like this.
  4. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2022
    There's new interview with Dave Filoni:

One interesting bit that I haven't heard before is that George originally wanted Ahsoka to be a Twi'lek. Makes sense, given his affection for Aayla Secura and Darth Talon, lol.

Darkslayer likes this.
  5. VirtualPaper

VirtualPaper Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2024
    Rewatching the clone wars now, but only the clone centered episodes and I kinda realized the show is pretty brutal considering its rated 6+ on Disney+.

Darkslayer and cwustudent like this.
  6. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2022
    It's rated wrong. It's TV-PG on Star Wars website and it was rated TV-PG-V on Cartoon Network.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  7. study888

study888 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    In S4X3: Prisoners, Prince Lee Char kills Tamson in the same way as Brody kills the Great White in Jaws 1. Anyone else notice?

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes, that was on purpose. It was a nod to Jaws since Tamson's species is inspired by great white sharks.

9. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Canadian Jedi Master 75 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 19, 2023
    In the series finale did anyone think Mace was being rude to Ahsoka, the way he called her a "Citizen" and wouldn't tell her what the Jedi Council had known at that time.

Some might say he was correct when he called her a citizen which is what she was, because she had previously left the Jedi Order.

However, it's not like she was a complete and total stranger who they just meet, and let's not forget she helped them by capturing Maul.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2024
    Happy Sando likes this.
  10. study888

study888 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    She could no longer be privy to Jedi affairs because she was no longer a Jedi. I feel Mace acted appropriately.

11. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Aug 19, 2023
    When Ahsoka was accused of bombing the Jedi Temple, who do you think on the Council thought she was innocent, and who do you think thought she was guilty?

Personally speaking I think Obi-Wan and Plo Koon voted innocent.

However, I think Mace voted guilty, and some of it was because he didn't like Anakin, which goes back to him saying he shouldn't have been trained as a Jedi in The Phantom Menace. So, he was using that as a reason to punish Anakin, which was obviously not fair to Ahsoka.

12. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I fail to see how and where all of that comes from. I don't see where Mace didn't like Anakin or held a grudge against him.

The issue is fairly simple: unbeknownst to them, Ahsoka was incriminated. Ahsoka herself didn't help things when she escaped custody. The Council simply looked at the evidence alone and judged accordingly. There was no prejudice or intent to hurt anyone.

13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    To add to this, Mace is frequently shown throughout the series to be a really compassionate character. He’s always willing to risk himself, checks on his clones, and sends them out of danger if they are at risk.

If you watch the scene, pay attention to the facial animations - he clearly doesn’t want to give Ahsoka up, but feels the Council really doesn’t have a choice. Palpatine has already managed to turn public opinion against the Jedi and left them with very few options.

Some people just put their Ahsoka fan blinders on (which I get, I like her too) and assume he’s a bad person when any objections he voices are pretty reasonable (let us remember his all of his misgivings about Anakin are proven right); he’s just blunt about it.

14. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Aug 19, 2023
    Even though Mace ended up being correct about his misgivings of Anakin, I thought there was some things written in canon that said he thought Yoda was wrong for letting Obi-Wan train him. So, deep down inside he always had a resentment of Anakin training to become a Jedi.

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yoda didn't let Obi-Wan train Anakin. The Council did, despite Yoda being against it. It's stated in The Phantom Menace.

And even if Mace shared Yoda's opinion, that in and on itself is not evidence of any resentment. Mace even defends Anakin in AOTC, when Obi-Wan shares his frustrations and doubts.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2024
  16. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Aug 19, 2023
    I meant that Yoda was basically speaking for the Council when he gave Obi-Wan permission to train Anakin. Since he was the Grand Master of the Council would he have the final say on things like that, even if Mace might not have agreed with it?

Yes, it's also true that Mace defended him Anakin in Attack of the Clones when he was talking to Obi-Wan, about how he could bring the force back into balance. However, in Revenge of the Sith there is also that scene when Mace says to Obi-Wan I don't trust him. He than reminds him of the prophesy how Anakin was the chosen one. So, it's a complete role reversal that we saw during Attack of the Clones.

17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yoda was speaking for the Council he he said that the Council allowed it. But he also says that he was against it. Which means that at least the majority of the Council was in favor of Obi-Wan taking Anakin, Yoda (and whoever else agreed with him) was in the minority.

Which means something happened between those events that led to Mace lose trust in Anakin. And what do we see? Anakin disregarding his mission by going to both Tatooine and Geonosis despite Mace giving him orders to protect Amidala and not leave his place.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  18. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Aug 19, 2023
    Do you think Anakin ignoring that one specific order was the final straw for Mace and his feelings towards him? After the events of Episode 2 did Obi-Wan reprimand Anakin for originally leaving Naboo and going to Tatooine? Did Mace do the same thing because Anakin went from Tatooine to Genosis, which ignored his order?

According to this video at the 5:45 mark, it says that Mace didn't want Anakin to become a Jedi Master because he thought Anakin was becoming to powerful. He also mentions being unstable, which is why he can not be made a Master and keep him off the Council despite his extraordinary gifts.

This other video goes into more detail why Mace always hated Anakin since he arrived at the Jedi Temple when he was a child. Basically at one point Mace thought he might have been the Chosen One. However, all of the sudden Qui-Gon arrives with Anakin and says he's the Chosen One, which made Mace feel jealous.

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, I do not think it was a final straw. I think Mace simply trusted Anakin and Anakin didn't honor the trust he put on him. Hence why Mace doesn't trust him in ROTS.

Sounds like unsubstantiated speculation that is not supported (and is directly contradicted) by the movies. Unfortunately many make a living producing that type of content.

20. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Aug 19, 2023
    Maybe they needed a reason for Mace to tell Anakin "If what you had told me was true, you will have gained my trust." Basically it comes down to the writing of the script and plot convenience, which is why he previously told Obi-Wan that he didn't trust him.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2024
  21. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    He said that he didn't think Anakin could handle an assignment like spying on Palpatine. Context is important. And come on, as a viewer, was he really wrong?

The Jedi aren't a cult though - Yoda has the biggest voice, but if everyone else think he has it wrong then he won't get his way. It happens in TPM and multiple times in the Clone Wars series.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  22. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Aug 19, 2023
    Obviously Mace wasn't wrong.

The only right thing Anakin did was tell him that Palpatine was the Sith Lord they were looking for, which confirmed Windu's suspicious of him. Although he assumed that Palpatine would get arrested and thought he could still ask him the secrets to saving Padme from death.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2024
  23. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Was browsing YouTube and this has got to he one of the best things the series gave us:

Really makes ROTS feel like an Infinity War-style crossover

Happy Sando likes this.
  24. Sgt.Matt

Sgt.Matt Jedi Master star 2

May 12, 2018
    We need more side stories involving Sugi and her little gang of bounty hunters like Embo or Seripas. Those guys definitely have a history that could be interesting to see on page or screen.

25. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    The unaired Bounty Hunter arc is our best bet

Happy Sando and Sgt.Matt like this.