main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy Star Wars Movie - NOT FILMING April 7th, 2024 (Blame Fredrik!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by chris hayes, Oct 25, 2022.

1. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Isn’t it Here I Go Again?

sorry to ruin the joke…

Last edited: Sep 28, 2024
    Lulu Mars, Othini and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Frankly, it was the only road to go down.

Lulu Mars and Othini like this.
  3. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    Yes it is. But you know why i had to rewrite it:p That said…. I've made up my mind
    I ain't wasting no more time.

4. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    This is why you were born to walk alone.

Bor Mullet and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  5. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Just stop waiting for news and let it happen when it happens. they won't do it till they are ready.

6. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Well I DID think a delay to get the script right was a good thing, but now you've gone and brought down my mood.
    Like a drifter? Or like a hobo?

Sarge and Lulu Mars like this.
  7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    So just to confirm (because of the thread title), are we still blaming Fredrik for anything related to this?

8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Likely.

TCF-1138 , Sarge, Riv_Shiel and 4 others like this.
  9. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Currently and formerly.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  10. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    [face_blush]

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Film cancellations seems to be the only road we've ever known.

Sarge, Bor Mullet, EHT and 2 others like this.
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, it has been a long road, getting from there to here

Happy Sando and Lulu Mars like this.
  13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I have it from a reliable source that we are.

14. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, from my source, the Jedi are evil!

16. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Who are the people who have stated this? I’m not saying you’re wrong, but it feels like there’s a lot of ambiguity in these rumours.

Generally I think too much speculation goes on with very little to back it up. It’s possible we’re not hearing anything because the pre-production isn’t going well. It’s also possible that pre-production is going fine and any delays are simply routine to create the best thing they can, and it’s just secretive. As someone who has people close to them who work on these big productions, they’re often furiously working away for many, many months before anything comes out in the press. Most people on these productions are consummate professionals who would never leak to anyone (I’ll sometimes ask after something is announced how long they’ve known x or y, and it’ll have been for ages). That’s how professionals in the industry should act, and it’s how most of them do.

So it completely possible things are moving along normally and it’s just a tight ship with a good professional crew.

It’s also possible it’s a **** show and these rumours to which you refer are accurate.

We simply do not know one way or another. A lot of this feels like filling in silence with speculation.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2024 at 5:39 PM
  17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    “Oh, (we) excel at that.”

18. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Top. Men.

19. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Just the normal rumor joe talking and speculations goes on

20. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    There's a couple of people I know, whom are close to the Peaky Blinders production, and their view is that some of the rumours re. Knight are true. These are the same people who stated, back at the start of the year when production on the new SW film was supposed to commence, that Knight hadn't even finished a final version of a script. I think I posted that way back when we were expecting shooting to commence. Of course all these things have to be taken with a pinch of salt, as it's largely rumour and conjecture based on side conversations etc., but my experience is slightly different to yours... in that I think people do talk.... not necessarily about the details of a script etc., but they certainly talk about their work and what they've heard etc. I.e. there's lots of 'gossip' within production... and people talk to their peers.

2Cleva likes this.
  21. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Well if that’s your experience I cannot argue with it. Obviously (I assume) these people are on the Peaky Blinders team (which may mean they personally know Knight) and not on SW, so their responsibilities are different with respect to talking about the goings on in SW production. But at the same time that means they’re removed enough that the truth of the matter may be different. I’m just very skeptical of hearsay, especially when it’s a few people removed from the source - the people who actually know, if they’re professionals, aren’t revealing that information. I’d be surprised if many people were that willing to talk about their own production whilst it’s happening in such frank terms - normally they’re speaking about things they’ve ‘heard’ about other productions, often from just a couple loose lips.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2024 at 2:50 AM
  22. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Yes correct... they are nothing to do with Star Wars production... so they are removed from that side of things... but they were correct when they said Knight wasn't even close to a final draft of his SW script when everyone was anticipating production starting last Spring (was it Spring?). But yes, these things are often cross production conversations/gossip.

2Cleva and DarthPhilosopher like this.
  23. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Well we’ll see how it goes. I wouldn’t be surprised if, for example, Knight is taking longer than hoped, but that the acrimony or him outright walking away may be an exaggeration (for example, he may be prioritising his Peaky Blinders film, but intends upon coming back, and this may be misinterpreted as him walking away from SW).

Who knows though - there’s so much chaff flying around I choose to only listen to the most proven sources.

Darth PJ likes this.
  24. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    So basically this whole conversation the last few pages is about what some leaker is saying behind their pay wall so people will give them money?

25. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Yeah... I don't think it's anything acrimonious... rather that he has other priorities and he has afforded SW enough time.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.