main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Who do you want to win the World Series?

1. Los Angeles Dodgers

40.0%
  2. New York Yankees

30.0%
  3. Meteor

25.0%
  4. I just hope everyone has fun

5.0%
  1. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    Go Yanks....screw Dodgers

[​IMG]

Yanksfan and Darth_Accipiter like this.
  2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Yankees vs Dodgers. Judge vs Ohtani. Both teams are stacked. Both teams will be rested. This is going to be one of the most anticipated World Series in a long time.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Tbh, it would be nice to see Judge actually showing up to this next series. He was a virtual non-factor during the LCS; which is why Cleveland was comfortable enough to pitch around Soto go get to him in the first place.

Yanksfan likes this.
  4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I'll have you know that the Arizona-Texas series was far more anticipated.*

*in about ten neighborhoods between two cities.

Yanksfan and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I was going to post last night, but was a little too plastered. :p

@AmazingB, @Point Given One hopes the Mets are just as good & entertaining next year; they're a likable bunch.

@Glitterstimm Would have though Tommy Edman would end up as the NLCS MVP when they traded for him, huh?! Yeah, the payroll & expectations, etc & etc, but winning this pennant despite all the injuries is damned niiiiice.

@heels1785, @dp4m, @Lord-Skywalker, @Ahsoka's Tano, @MotivateR5D4 , @Yanksfan, @vin, @christophero30

Get hyped!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2024 at 1:42 PM
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    You see, that's the real fallacy of it all. It's cute and funny to say that the vast majority of the population "just wants a meteor to hit" because they hate both the Yankees and Dodgers, but with a reality check they'll find out soon enough that it's still going to be a very widely popular series overall. And yes, it has that international flavor added on.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2024 at 1:24 PM
    Yanksfan and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  7. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    [​IMG]

DarthIntegral likes this.
  8. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Its also funny how some baseball fans act like*yawn* Yankees vs. Dodgers was just some foregone conclusion. Like they face off every other year like the old Lakers/Celtics rivalry as opposed to not actually facing each other since 1981---so long ago that my old ass wasn't even forming core memories yet. The Yankees themselves haven't been to the WS in 15 years and the Dodgers only recent World Series success was in a year that no one outside of LA considers legitimate (Sorry, but you know it's true. The only World Series taken even less seriously was the one the Astros won---which is funny, since both the Yankees and Dodgers got screwed over by that one).

Anyway, I'm obviously a Yankee fan. I'm biased. But I'm psyched. And I also know that while Yankees and Dodgers are two of the most hated teams, they are also two of the most popular teams. So like it or not, there are tons of fans spread throughout the country rooting for both. And then there are just baseball fans who want to see the two best teams face off in the World Series---an occurrence which is actually shockingly rare these days. It's gonna get numbers. No matter how much people pretend to complain about it.

9. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    [​IMG]

10. dp4m

dp4m Mr. Bandwagon star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Just as a reminder to everyone... under no circumstances should anyone ever make an icon bet with @DarthTunick ... you will lose...

11. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    [​IMG]

12. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    That wasn't a "woe is me" observation--just a fact. Of all the teams in the playoffs only the Orioles, Brewers, and Padres had a longer drought. So fans whining about the Yankees finally making it back to the WS--like we're there all the time is funny to me. And false.

13. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    When a team has approximately 100 ws trophies in storage a title drought of forever would be too soon tbh.

Rew and KnightWriter like this.
  14. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]