main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | NEW! Challenge #35 Posted: Language of Flowers! (6/26, p. 94, #2328)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    For OTP Challenge #33, I have written the story of how one of my Narnian OTP's Aravis and Cor met and fell in love as recounted to their nine-year-old son, Ram:

Love Story

2. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2015
    All righty, this is great! We’re now up to four (4) entries in our “How They Met” challenge! This is just a reminder that we’ve reached roughly the halfway point in our challenge: there is now one month remaining in which to submit stories, with everything due in by March 24. :)

3. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And we are now at one (1) week! One week to submit stories for OTP 33 before voting begins! You’ve got this, people! :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
  4. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And now we’re at three (3) days! Almost there, people! Anything else coming in? :D

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
  5. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    My humble entry:

"Hurry Up Mode"

Featuring the mighty ship "Antrellen": OCs Antares Ragnarsdottar and Karellen Magnuson.

6. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    And Bonnie and Bonnie is finished. Was much more than I first expected, but Ulrika and Elena are just very dear to my heart.

7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    In by the skin of my teeth - Blossoms with Jazz My'ran my Jedi healer and introducing Kelmar Xeo, a Jedi Initiate Master.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
  8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wonderful to see our list expanding! @Pandora and @Kit' I’ve got you both indexed now. (Posting as myself as I’m on mobile.) Tomorrow the challenge wraps up—thank you all so much for the excellent entries! =D=

9. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And indeed, today is the last day to submit stories for OTP Challenge 33: How They Met! We’ve got six—count ’em, six amazing entries so far; any more to come? However many we end up with, voting begins tomorrow—so be ready! :D

10. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    *skids into the thread just under the wire*

In spite of all the DRL things, I did it! I have the first part of my entry posted with [Victoria] As the Periwinkles Bloom. In a first for me, my OTP is an OC/OC pairing with my characters Prince Victor and Georgina Wellesley. [face_love]

11. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Kit made it by the skin of her teeth, Mira_Jade by the skin of the skin of her teeth, and now it's my turn by the skin of the skin of the skin of my teeth :p

My entry is up: Il pleut toujours en Angleterre. The pairing is OCs Mina Lamb and Alec Burton, and the fandom is The Longest Day with a (fair) bit of Mira's Victoria AU thrown in.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
  12. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Wonderful! @Mira_Jade and @Chyntuck I’ve got your entries indexed, and wow, we’re up to eight now! Incredible! Just ten or so more hours left for any further entries to come in; let’s see what we get! :D

13. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    All righty doo, everyone! This officially wraps up OTP Challenge #33: How They Met, and it is time for the voting! This time around we have an incredible total of eight (8) stories in the running, four in Star Wars and four in other fandoms. Here they are:
    Once again, there are two weeks to get votes in, with the last day being Monday, April 8, at 11:59 pm (23:59) PST. You all know the rules for honest voting, of course, and please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Thanks to all our awesome writers who took part, and to all our awesome readers who supported them in making this challenge such a success! =D=

14. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    I see there’s just under a week for voting now! Votes are due next Monday, the 8th. Any more to come? :D

15. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Hope so, I'm definitely planning to catch up on this one and vote. :)

16. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I'm still catching up on reviews, but I'm done reading and my vote is sent :)

17. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Three more days left for voting, everyone! Get ’em in! :D

18. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Finally read all eight stories and voted -- they were all splendid, by the way! :D I'm hoping I get to commenting sooner than later but if not rest assured that I enjoyed every one of them.

19. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    And today we’ve reached our last voting day for OTP challenge 33! Results will go up tomorrow. Any more to come? :D

20. Captain Rakkaus

Oct 4, 2015
    Oh my gosh, how silly of me not to post our results yet, when it’s been more than half a week since the day I said I would! Very sorry about that, everyone! [face_blush] It was a very close vote this time, but a winner did emerge, and that winner was…

Congratulations to Chyn on her win (and once again for devising this challenge), and gratitude to all our fantastic challenge participants for amazing work—this challenge really generated some great stories, and we had a truly fantastic turnout! =D= =D= =D=

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
  21. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Yay! Go Chyn! A much deserved win - although I found it an exceedingly hard choice to make out of a group of altogether amazing fics :D

22. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Congratulations to @Chyntuck on the win, and a humble thank you as well for coming up with a challenge that I truly enjoyed writing for@};-

Also, well done to all who participated in this challenge and wrote some awesome stories=D=

I am eager as always to see what inspiration the next wonderful challenge will offer!

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Chyntuck -- congratulations! =D= I enjoyed all the entries featuring established and original characters. :D

24. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    THIS. I don't think I've ever debated so much before voting as I did for this batch of fics - it was a truly great turnout all around! =D= [face_dancing]

And for @Chyntuck, I have to say a most hearty three cheers and congratulations on your win - I enjoyed every word of your story more than I can say, and am oh so happy to celebrate your success! ;) [face_love] [:D]

25. amidalachick

amidalachick Chosen One star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Congratulations @Chyntuck! And a big round of applause to all the participants! This challenge always inspires some really amazing stories. [face_love]=D=