main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Year in the Dustbowl~ AU, Corran Horn, 2009 Dear Diary Challenge, Completed 26/12/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MiralukaJedi, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    True. Finding anything that is buried under a lot of anything is not fun (cleaning out a closet comes to mind for me here). He will but here comes the next entry and you'll likely notice something distinctive about it immediately. There's a reason for it, promise! ;)

PM list
    KELIA
    Tatooine_Ghost
    Jade_eyes

Entry # 10

[color=green]Okay, you might be wondering why I've changed the lettering for this particular entry into this hideous lime-green. The answer is a long one and perhaps the most humiliating experiences in my life to date. So rather than have it be heard anywhere else- despite the fact that it's probably being spread across the whole of Tatooine right now by word of mouth- or 'Sana breaks into my datapad to mock me there too, I figured that I'd put it in here in my own words.

To put it quite simply at first, by mid-day, I, Corran Horn, ended up covered from head to toe in a lime-green engine goo. There I said it. And for this I can blame the latest experiment of the local 'mechanics' in my circle of friends and acquaintances who did this too me. Well, at least in the case of two of them, I'm pretty certain that it wasn't done out of malicious intent.

Somehow, in the midst of trying to build a makeshift hyperdrive in some insane scheme to go out exploring, Luke, Fixer, and 'Sana managed to create this delightful green goo. Stupidly, I agreed to help them out by monitoring what they were doing with some equally makeshift diagnostic equipment. Given my attention to things other people miss, it was figured that this was the perfect job for me. One thing I'm having trouble with in this case though is figuring out who to blame more. Them, for doing it or me for agreeing to help them with it.

Then something went wrong. I'm not quite sure exactly what. I may be handy to a point with tools and mechanics but not to the degree that lot is. But this was even beyond their skills to fix. It started to go critical. Then it blew up and sent a hail of lime-green engine goo toward me. And covered me, from head to toe.

Now, I have Fixer mockingly calling me Limey, with Deak and Windy following his lead. I have Luke trying desperately to offer his apologies to me for getting me covered in said goo. And Ahsana, in her typical way of things, absent-mindly offering me her apologies and scrambling to figure out what went wrong with the makeshift hyperdrive. Leave it to my sister to be more concerned with a ship than the fact that she's managed to cover her older brother with a lime-green goo.

I do wonder one thing though. How long is it going to take me to get this stuff off?
    [/color]

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  3. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    lol. loved it. can not wait for the next part of the story.

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    How long is it going to take me to get this stuff off?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh poor Corran!

At least Luke and Ahsana were nice enough to apologize.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks. Glad you liked it.

6. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks. This next post is going to be a little different than what we've seen so far with all the Force visions, resolutions, recreation and other miscellania. Here, I'm going to be trying for a visit from an old friend of Corran's grandfather. We'll see how well I do.

7. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Definitely poor Corran. I know I wouldn't want to be in his place covered in green mystery goo. Especially lime green mystery goo! [face_laugh]

Anyways, here's the next bit now as I might not have time later in the week to post again.

PM list
    KELIA
    Tatooine_Ghost
    Jade_eyes

Entry # 11

Today, Grandpa Nejaa (or Naja as we call him in public) was definitely excited at the arrival of our visitor to the farm. An old friend he found about two years ago here that he wasn't expecting and they haven't been able to see each other somehow in about six months. There's a reason for that and it's a very good one.

You see, it's a bit testy with large groups of Jedi to gather together now. They might end up getting enough Force power concentrated together (especially if they don't block or minimize their powers with shielding) to attract Imperial notice in the form of Inquisitors. That and with our nosy neighbours, bored enough to watch anything that crosses their path, makes it difficult for them to meet. Not that they should think that it's some sort of conspiracy or anything like that. All they do is talk about old times really and maybe get in some Force training in the part of the basement where Dad and Aunt Talli oversee 'Sana and me sparring and such. Not harmful at all.

Aside from Grandpa and Old Kenobi visiting, nothing really happened today. Not that nothing happening is really anything new here.

Still trying to get green goo out of my hair. Must alter methods as sonic shower and water aren't working. Maybe I should try chemical solvents or the like.

[hr]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    That pesky green goo [face_laugh] Glad Grandpa was able to have an old friend visit though Corran doesn't get all fired up with "old Jedi stories" yet... he doesn't realize that he might've should've paid more attention ;) ;)

9. Tatooine_Ghost

Jul 24, 2006
    wow. loved that the green goo hasn't left Corran's hair yet. at least it matches his eyes. can not wait for the next part of the story.

10. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm glad Corran's grandpa and Obi-Wan are able to meet for a bit, even if it's not that often.

chemical solvents, huh? Sounds pretty drastic but I imagine Corran is getting desperate. Poor kid.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

11. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Yep, that mystery green goo is still causing problems. Well, he does get fired up a little just not this time. There is that green goo problem after all. But you're right, if he paid attention he might have found a way to be rid of it :p.

12. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Yeah, it's going to give him some problems and that is a point that it does kind of go with his eyes. Not that Corran would probably agree with that assesment. But thanks!

13. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks. And you know the old saying, desperate times call for desperate measures. It just doesn't mean that they'll have guaranteed results. And thanks for the compliments all!

PM list
    KELIA
    Tatooine_Ghost
    Jade_eyes

Entry # 12

For this entry, I'm going to take a different approach. There are a few things that have been bothering me lately and a few things that have been going spectaclarly well. So, I figure if I make a list it might help me hash things out. I hope.

1. The green goo~ I tried the chemical solvents to finally get it out of my hair a few days ago. Good news, it worked. I was so excited that I failed to notice one thing. I now, according to everyone around me, now smell like bantha fodder. Which leads me to a new problem.

2. How to stop smelling like bantha fodder~ This is a new one and aside from really strong smelling cleansers, I have no idea how to solve it. Really am wishing that I did not at this moment smell of bantha fodder and thinking that I should have tried something other than chemical solvents to get rid of the goo. But, I digress.

3. Aunt Talli had her baby today~ I'm not sure how to feel about this one. It's great that Shreya (what she and Arrik decided to name her) was born and Uncle Ros is beside himself with happiness at the prospect of another grandchild to spoil. Little Keren, whose two now, will probably start in on the screaming fits though once she realises the baby isn't going to go away. That won't be good at all. And when they get older, they might end up outing the family secret~ like 'Sana and I did a few years ago. But what I guess I fear is that they would do it to a larger audience than the lot of us on the farmstead. And that could mean big trouble.

4. The 'dream girl'~ I have no real complaints about this one. The visions are pleasant enough- very pleasant. I just wish that I had a name to put to a face or some sure-fire way of knowing if she was real or not.

5. My new T-16~ This I'm really excited about. Dad and Mom finally gave me permission to use my savings to buy one, even if it was basically a flying scrap heap. He'd told me he wanted me to wait until I had more experience with driving speeders and the like first, so I think Mom has been working on him for me. It probably will be a few months before I can actually fly it around. But that doesn't matter. I've got it now!

6. Life on Tatooine~ A lot of the same old, same old. Boring as hell and nothing I can do about it. I don't know why I keep complaining about it. Noting better to do I suppose.

7. Ahsana broke into my datapad again~ Will be changing the encryption sequence again. Since that hasn't deterred her in the slightest, may need to invest in a lock box and build my own complicated lock to stop her from snooping in my things. Maybe that will teach her. Somehow though, I rather doubt it.

14. Tatooine_Ghost

Jul 24, 2006
    wow. loved it. can not wait for the next part of the story.

15. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Wow - there's a lot going on in Corran's life, isn't there?

And he says it's boring on Tatooine :p

Unfortunate about smelling like bantha fodder. Perhaps his sister has some perfumed soap or something he can use.

Ahsana broke into my datapad again

Ah, poor Corran! I'd hate to have a sibling reading my diary.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh no maybe it was better to have the goo!!! [face_laugh] Loved the bits added into the tale about Corran's aunt, uncle and nieces :D I bet he is jazzed about the T-16... will be tinkering with it and polishing it LOL About the dream girl... definitely gotta put a name to that ;)

17. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks. Hope you do enjoy what I've got coming up next. And just for fun, here's a link to a humour one-shot that I did last week. The Tale of Blarney the Purple Gungun and the Jolly Giant Togorian. Might do another one based on the 'lime green goo' incident from this diary...I just haven't figured out who to write it out beyond what I've got here yet.

18. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    True enough. Life sometimes tends to be a lot more eventful than we would like to think (Unless you're 'waiting' for something important and are getting frustrated with the process, a feeling I'm personally well acquianted with now).

Definitely not good that smell. That might happen, but the question would be the sort of strings that might be attached to that one. And yeah, that is a problem with nosy siblings (which let's face it, 'Sana fits the bill there). Thanks!

19. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Definitely a possibility. Just a question of what you prefer...being covered in the goo or smelling like bantha fodder. And thanks, nice to hear the bits about the family went over well. Yep, the dream girl has a name (it's a canon character and I've been 'dropping' hints in the visions). Well, at least I think the hints are there...might be a bit obscure in hindsight.

Anyways, here we go with the next entry. Hope you enjoy it!

PM list
    KELIA
    Tatooine_Ghost
    Jade_eyes

Entry # 13

Life here is boring. But then what I am I going to be able to do about it. The last time that I tried to really do anything about it with my friends, I ended up covered in green goo. And that's a place that I don't want to go for now. I've been getting enough flack from Fixer and Co. in calling me 'Limey', no matter how much I'd wish they could find something better to do with their time. Better than being called 'Shorty' I suppose.

Definitely better than the results if they all knew the truth of things about my family and I, it would probably be worse. They'd be able to dismiss us as Jedi sorcerers- a definite misnomer from people who have no real understand of the Force outside of rumours, Imperial propaganda, and good old fashioned ignorance. And the old fear of someone telling our secret to the Imps and bring some Inquisitor down on our heads. If that happens, I might end up loosing Dad, Grandpa, and Aunt Talli. 'Sana and me both know why, even though we're not supposed to.

One night about a year ago, we were sent to bed after our usual training in the evening after a day of chores, outings with friends, and school somewhere in there. The adults were having a private discussion about things. And we heard about the contingency plans in our sneaking of what happens if the Imps ever show up to cause problems that involve killing us for breathing. They'd cover our escape and sacrifice themselves to save us. Meaning I would never be able to see any of them again if things went south like that.

Whenever I think of this, several questions come to mind that always bother me and even my sister though 'Sana's usually to bottled up with thinking of machines to really mull it over. Why do the Imps hate Jedi so much? What have I ever done to any of them to make them want to kill me for just being who and what I am? Why would they want to kill even kids for being Jedi? Why?

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super update. Corran has some deep questions. =D=

21. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Poor Coran!

There are no easy answers to his questions and it's so sad he's burdened with the knowledge the Imps want to kill him just for being a Jedi.

They'd cover our escape and sacrifice themselves to save us

I hope it never comes to that.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

22. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks. And definitely some deep questions there. The kind that can get you down on a really bad day. :(

23. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    No easy answers at all. And that is quite the knowledge to be burdened with definitely. I hope it won't come to that either :(. Thanks for the compliments!

PM list
    KELIA
    Tatooine_Ghost
    Jade_eyes

Entry # 14

Simple entry today and very brief. Nothing new to report really except that I've come up with a new encryption sequence for this data pad and installed a lock with a rotating mechanism, which should keep 'Sana out of my business for awhile. I hope.

This will be the third time I think that I've had to do this so far this year. If 'Sana does it again, maybe I should go and mess with her stuff and see how she likes it. Maybe that will teach her.

Doubt it though.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL!!! No the extra locks will probably make her just that more determined [face_laugh] Maybe he should write in big red letters across the front: "If you touch this, it'll explode!!" [face_laugh]

25. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    If 'Sana does it again, maybe I should go and mess with her stuff and see how she likes it. Maybe that will teach her.

Yeah, good luck with that.

I've learned there isn't much that will deter a determined sister....[face_frustrated] [face_frustrated]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.