main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ben-Solo, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    From the footage we have seen there already looks like a lot of good character moments for others.

RetropME likes this.
  2. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Kylo is pretty easily the most popular character of the ST with the general public. This place will make excuse after excuse about that because they don’t like him. That’s fine, but to say this place represents the fandom is pretty delusional. It’s literally a poll on the Star Wars website, anybody can vote. Everybody can have their own opinion, but the evidence is very clear.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm surprised Jannah only received 1% of the vote on that entirely legitimate poll. Possibly her numbers will go up after someone somewhere has actually been able to see a film she appears in.

4. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    These kinds of online polls are usually win by whoever has the most hardcore stan and shippers. I've seen it endless times. They are the only ones who bother going to websites and voting endless time so their guy or ship wins. At this point no one who isn't kylo/reylo stans even care about these movies to bother wanting their favorite to win.

5. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I still remember a time when Rey was the most popular by a large margin and Rey’s toys were in high demand while Kylo’s were not.

Kylo and Rey pretty much switched places in the popular ranking after TLJ.

6. SrWilson

SrWilson Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Kylo is the most interesting character out the ST for sure but to be completely honest episode 9 I'm more excited to see Palpatine again than anyone in the ST cast.

7. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Very, very excited to see Palpatine in TROS. Vader, Palpatine and Kylo are my top three and they pretty much share that top spot. Nobody schemes like Sidious, though!

8. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Yeah, I won’t dispute that poll in part because I want to say it’s an indictment of the Sequel Trilogy, by showing that TLJ really only served Kylo, not Rey, or Luke, or Finn.

Not the main character with the most screentime in the trilogy, nor the character with the second most screentime, nor the old guys getting their send-offs. Not the original character with greater development in TFA (Finn), nor the main heroine who’s supposed to showcase greater representation and be the new focus of a generation of Star Wars fans (Rey).

Nope. TLJ served to lightly puff up the character who is, at his core, nothing more than a predictable and conventional copy of Anakin/Vader with fewer sympathetic moments... all while TLJ claimed to be about trying to move past such surface level accoutrements. (Also, not going to lie, this would also possibly back up the idea that maybe a plurality or even majority of Reylo fans are there for Kylo, and not Rey.)

I *will* say I’m looking forward to Kylo being used correctly for 3/4s of the film, back in his cool mask and being a villain. I just don’t know if even Adam Driver can add anything that will have actual lasting and original relevance to such a hypothetical character as Ben Solo.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Def Trooper likes this.
  9. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
  10. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    Nice picture.

11. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    Han’s missing that big hole in his chest. :kylosaber:

12. littlepadawan91

littlepadawan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
  13. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    Palpatine Force lightning’ed the place from across the galaxy? Wow.

14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    A bit of fake news is emerging about AD walking out of an interview, it has absolutely nothing to do with TROS, it was something about the interviewer playing a recording of AD singing.

themoth likes this.
  15. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    It's probably not Sheev force-lightning it from across the galaxy. Might he have had an infiltrator, someone else like Ochi on the Palpatine payroll, planting some sort of force-y bomb/holocron rigged to release energy or something?

I'd bet on it being Palpatine or Snoke/other Palpatine agents being responsible though, the guy who posted it seemed to be under that impression.

Which would stand to reason the Luke vision's probably Palpatine's doing too, somehow. Plan within a plan within a plan, that Sheev dude's a real piece'o work.

16. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Is the black bubbles Palpatines voice?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  17. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Force storm / lighting

18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I really wanted him to survive and faces his actions. Death seems too easy for his overall character arc and we already had Anakin/Vader's death right after he redeemed himself so I would have appreciated to see a different scenario for him. Since his body disappeared at the same time as Leia's, I imagine he could also become a FG like his mother.

milena likes this.
  19. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    FG Ben softens the blow for Ben fans. =((

milena likes this.
  20. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    Another wasted character in the ST... either continue the threads from TLJ and have him die as a villain or have him redeemed and live. But no, JJ couldn't help himself and we got ROTJ Vader 2.0.

21. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Holy crap, this is bad.

wobbits, Oryx-I, Def Trooper and 2 others like this.
  22. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Legions of Lettow and milena like this.
  23. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I think that Kylo comic would have had a better impact if it was released immediately after TLJ... I might have cared if I didn't know about TROS. Killing Luke and then killing Kylo kinda ruins the whole Kylo arc these comics are trying to establish.

24. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Legions of Lettow and milena like this.
  25. Kylo Ren's 8-Pack

Kylo Ren's 8-Pack Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2016
    Wow....loving the comic art above, and the insights into Ben's past.
    Great stuff!

Would love to see that back story fleshed out in a tv series ( Disney+? ) or spin off film.

Yeah that Ben Solo....
    What a guy!

-

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.