main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Admiral Raddus Discussion Thread (and Fan Club)

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Gigoran Monk, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Here's hoping he gets a Rebels appearance before then. It'd be a great opportunity to see more of him, and Stephen Stanton's already well established in Rebels (as well as TCW).

DL44Jo and vncredleader like this.
  2. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Raddus wasn't killed at Scariff, he was confiscated by the Empire, who realized that losing the Death Star wasn't so bad and then proceeded to use his body fluids to create Starkiller Base.

Sarge likes this.
  3. Dark Debi

Dark Debi Jedi Padawan

Jun 14, 2015
    The end of the Battle of Scarif seems kind of confusing due to the rewrites and reshoots they did. It seems like Vader pursues the Tantive IV soon after it jumps to lightspeed, and the rest of the Imperial fleet is ordered to mop up after the fighting. The presence of the Death Star might mean Admiral Raddus was a prisoner aboard the Death Star and died when it exploded, but Vader and Tarkin never mention having other prisoners on the Death Star when they interrogate Leia or bring her out to watch Alderaan's destruction (wouldn't it be something they'd want other Rebel prisoners like Raddus to watch too?)

I hope other details of the Battle of Scarif that will be explored in Rebels. Raddus no doubt would've fought to the bitter end and gone down with the ship, but with the plans stolen and in the hands of Princess Leia, the Imperial Security Complex destroyed and the Death Star ready to annihilate survivors, he may have thought it would be better to fight another day and board an escape pod.

On the other hand, if Raddus was captured by the Imperials, he probably would have been released right after the Battle of Jakku and the treaty between the Empire and the New Republic was signed.

So there are lots of ways this can go, but I really want him to survive. "I say we fight!" is one of my favourite moments of the movie.

DL44Jo and PCCViking like this.
  4. DarthBeagle

DarthBeagle Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Very unlikely the way the British Empire evolved. Most likely the USA would have become a self governing Dominion along with Australia and New Zealand. Heck maybe even united with Canada.

Think of that, the USA with far more stable parliamentary democracy and not an elected King. Might've been spared some of the odder Presidents ;)

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  5. Italian Ackbar

Italian Ackbar Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2015
    He was such a bad*ss.

6. Blake Starstrider

Blake Starstrider Jedi Master star 2

Apr 19, 2015
    So we are getting an Admiral Raddus anthology movie right?

7. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I was making the point that General Washington used retreat wisely, as a way of demonstrating that retreat does not always equal cowardice. What the American colonies would have become if the revolutionary war was lost is anyone's guess.

8. AdmiralRaddus

AdmiralRaddus Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2016
    Thank you all for the support.

DL44Jo, Sarge, ucdex and 1 other person like this.
  9. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    Thank you AdmiralRaddus. I see you're a Daisy fan. I'm sure Raddus and Rey would get along very well.

DL44Jo and PCCViking like this.
  10. Darth Blade

Darth Blade Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2014
    I don't think anyone on the Profundity, including Raddus, survived the Battle of Scarif. When you think about it, the plans for the Death Star were transmitted to that ship, then copied to the small disk which made it on the Tantive IV and escaped. So the DS plans were in the data banks of the Profundity. As soon as Vader saw the Tantive IV escape, Vader would need to ensure that NOONE on the Profundity escaped because they could be carrying another copy of the plans. That entire ship and it's crew would need to be eliminated before anyone could use an escape pod to get away, before pursuing the Tantive IV.

PCCViking likes this.
  11. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    What happened to him?! I realise you don't see him after rogue one, but...did he live or did he die? Vader was right there on his ship with a boarding party of stormtroopers, but did Vader make a quick exit and head out after the Tantive IV or did he see to it that everyone on the ship - including Raddus - was killed?

12. Jabberwock2137

Jabberwock2137 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    I read somewhere else on the boards that he was probably captured, taken to the Death Star and subsequently blown up by young Mr Skywalker the next day.....
    A tragic fate for such a stellar Admiral.....

Avnar and darth_mccartney like this.
  13. darth_mccartney

Jul 3, 2008
    Damn...that's a pretty bad day at work.

Although Krennic's was worse, to be fair.

14. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I assumed he was dead the moment Vader said he was going to board his ship.

Krueger likes this.
  15. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    The next anthology film setup "The Rescue of Raddus", break him out of maximum security Imperial prison to help bring the rest of the Mon Cals into the rebellion. :D

DL44Jo and GregMcP like this.
  16. darth_mccartney

Jul 3, 2008
    Raddus Raider: a Star Wars Story

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    If you can find them, maybe you can hire: The Raddus Team.

The fool I pity, hmm, yes.

18. Bob the X-Winger

Bob the X-Winger Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2016

You bring up a good point all those Mon Cals must be imprison after Vader captured its crew looking for the Death Star plans.

19. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I like the part about him being taken to the Death Star (as it was present and had holding cells) ...and I always assumed there would be more prisoners in the detention area - BUT was it really the next day that Luke blows it up?? Surely not.

20. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE, AND TITLE CHANGE.

21. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Filoni! There's an episode for Rebels in a season or two. Jail Break from the Death Star.
    Genuinely, seriously.

Cantina Regular likes this.
  22. Jabberwock2137

Jabberwock2137 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    Yup right on...even if the Tantive IV is captured immediately, it must be at least 48 hours what with the droid getting picked up by Jawas; selling them to Owen and cleaning them up; Artoo escaping; meeting Ben and going through his junk box; back to the Jawas then the farm; Getting to Mos-Eisley and hiring a pilot; short flight to Alderaan and some dressing up as stormtroopers; getting the heck out of dodge; quick chat on Yavin 4; the attack and boom!!!.....I'd say 48/60 hours.....
    My bad......

23. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Lol :cool: One thing I never try and work out is time in SW - It just drives you nuts! I remember as a child thinking Luke must have trained with Yoda for months only to find out if you sit there and work it out simultaneously with what Han and Leia are doing...well you know where I am going...

24. DarthBeagle

DarthBeagle Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Well how long does it take to get to another solar system at sublight speed? ;) Realistically it would take decades or centuries.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

25. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    oh i cant believe i forgot this......but washington also had his own 'network of rebel spies' who he trusted impiclity and wouldnt debate with politicians or other military the merits of their work or trustworthiness.

so i think in the case of Rogue one, raddus is george washington ;)