main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ahsoka Tano: Jedi Knight

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by SateleNovelist11, Jan 17, 2015.

1. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Maybe the Inquisitors are fans of Hydra.

2. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

It's an interesting concept. I plan to read that. I just read Tarkin recently. It was pretty good. Lol. The Inquisitor really should have been named and they should have given him more of a story. But, yeah. I guess Lucius just escaped Voldemort and wanted to work for Darth Vader. He thought it would be a little safer, but he was wrong.

3. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    In my point of view there is one Chief-Inquisitor and some maybe sector-confined inquisitors. In the book-series "The last of the Jedi", there is a Grand Inquisitor named Malorum. It would be a big task for just one inquisitor to purge the whole galaxy.

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I suspect Inquisiturious (name of the inquisitor order from the EU) is probably canon.

rumsmuggler and Iron_lord like this.
  5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I tend to agree with your view of how the Inquisitors are organized.

SateleNovelist11 and Iron_lord like this.
  6. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I had forgotten that I made this thread. Well, now that we've seen more of Ahsoka in Rebels, Season 7 of TCW, The Mandalorian, etc., I gotta say I still adore the character. Since July 2020, I have a poster of her from Season 7 on my living room wall.

TCW's Season 7 was great, and it certainly cheered me up in terms of Star Wars after the debacle that was TROS. After all, Ahsoka and Darth Maul are my favorite characters in TCW, followed by Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Rex. I like Ashley Eckstein's performances as the character. Then, of course, there's this:

No disrespect to Daisy Ridley. I'm just not fond of how Rey was written by Johnson and Abrams in Episodes 8 and 9. And let's not forget that Ahsoka helped Ezra flee from Sidious Palpatine in Rebels. Oh, and did I mention I have two dresses based on Ahsoka's Jedi outfit from Seasons 3 through 5 of TCW and her blue uniform from Season 7? Yep. She's a superb character.

7. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015

Ashley Eckstein is wonderful and marvelous! I don't care how redundant that statement is. It is accurate as heck!

Matt Latern told James Arnold Taylor in that 2017 interview that Ashley was responsible for more girls becoming Star Wars fans, and it is true!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  8. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015

This is a great video. Since I watched The Clone Wars as an adult (mid-twenties during 2012 and 2013 and thirty-four in 2020), it was interesting to get the perspective of someone who grew up with this series. I also liked Ahsoka's arc at the end of Season Three, given how she learned that one should not give in to fear and that without humility, courage is a dangerous game. Dave Filoni compared Ahsoka to Qui-Gon, which is not something about which I had thought, but she got the benefit of learning from both Anakin and Obi-Wan in TCW. After all, Ahsoka found that the Old Jedi Order was flawed, and this is analogous to how people grow up to find that their favorite institutions have their faults. I like how the video maker contrasted Ahsoka and Barriss Offee in the final arc of Season Five. Barriss became disillusioned with the Order, and her framing of Ahsoka inadvertently caused Ahsoka to feel the same way. But Ahsoka handled it properly, and Barriss certainly did not. Many of us have walked away from certain institutions. I did from one in Fort Worth. This guy hit the nail on the head. Ahsoka is inspiring. She didn't fight Maul because it was her job; she didn't spare the Order 66 clones out of a sense of duty; and she doesn't kill an Inquisitor for her own sake, either. It's because she truly cares about the people around her. She's the kind of person who creates hope for others no matter how dark things might seem.

I really appreciate Ashley Eckstein's performance. She made Ahsoka my favorite Star Wars character.

9. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015

One of the most devastating videos I've ever seen. The fact that only Yoda and Ahsoka were able to directly confront the clones who attacked them and escape is pretty amazing. Obi-Wan survived, too, of course, but I've always interpreted that as the will of the Force helping him after he falls what appears to be half a mile or so into water.