main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Official Ahsoka Series Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think now with this, nothing is off limits. They can use every character and planets they want.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    TX-20 likes this.
  2. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Can’t wait for his appearance in this and Kenobi. Was a legitimately missed opportunity in the ST.

Not sure a flashback would be work perfectly even with de-aging/deep fakes but I’d be excited for some post ROTJ Anakin.

Which makes me think we need some post ROTJ Anakin interaction with Luke and Leia in some form or another.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Shared on an Ahsoka FB page I follow. Yes it's fanmade.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think they most likley keep his black jedi robes for force ghost Anakin.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  5. Gavin_Skywalker

Gavin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 10, 2021
    I’m curious. Why is Anakin’s force ghost young canon wise?

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Because thats when he was last Anakin and became Darth Vader.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Remember the new ROTJ ending featured young Anakin as the one who's redeemed; pretty much shunning the older actor who plays him out of canon completely.

8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Nah. I bet he looks like he did in ROTJ. Just, you know, not with HC's head and SS's body.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    And black robes of course

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think there was a misunderstanding. Here is what Fred said:

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

I need this scene happen as they Talk about Thrawn.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think the official explanation is that Force ghosts can appear as any age they wish. Obi-Wan and Yoda appear old because that’s how Luke knew them while Anakin appears as he looked the last time he was Anakin Skywalker. Or something like that.

Mostly Handless and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Sweet, so Ewan force ghost Kenobi.

Also this actress looks like a young Ahsoka if they wanted to recast as young Ahsoka.

14. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    And it also allows Hayden to reprise the role, which is why I support the canon explanation. ;)

Count Yubnub likes this.
  15. Gavin_Skywalker

Gavin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 10, 2021
    I think she looks perfect for the role.

whostheBossk and Sproj like this.
  16. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Agreed but then Sebastian Stan is perfect for a young Luke too, so maybe they will just de-age.

17. Huncrweo

Huncrweo Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 3, 2020
    I can see them de-aging Hayden Christensen (it's not like he requires much work for it to be believable, that man has aged very well), but I highly doubt the 42-year-old Rosario Dawson will ever be believable as 14-17 year old Ahsoka, even if they go down the body double w/ CG face route that they used with Mando's Luke. It'd be the uncanny valley equivalent of Freddie Prinze Jr. voicing young Kanan at the start of The Bad Batch. Better to just get a younger actress for flashbacks IMO - Laura Harrier is a solid choice.

18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    No, Mark Hamill was young Luke. Sebastian Stan bears a passing resemblance to him, but that's it. It makes sense to recast a character with a younger actor if we've never seen that character young (in live action) before. Recasting a young Luke would just be weird.

Anyway, these are some fantastic news. So glad to see Hayden being welcomed back into the Star Wars family with open arms.
    I really hope Luke appears in this show. I'd love a scene of Ahsoka, Anakin and Luke talking.

19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Recast away. These are fictional stories, not documentaries. As with Shakespeare, anyone should be able to play any character.

20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    No thanks.
    People are celebrating in this thread because of the news of Hayden Christensen appearing in Ahsoka. Do you think the reaction would have been the same if another actor had been announced as Anakin in the show?

While it's true that these are not documentaries, suspending disbelief is incredibly important for fiction - especially scifi and fantasy. And seeing Luke go from Mark Hamill to Avengers dude and back to Mark Hamill over the course of the story would, for a lot of people, break that suspension of disbelief, and ruin the story.
    As for Shakespeare, you don't switch actors mid-play, which this would be like.

21. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Completely disagree with this... Absurd suggestion from one of the smartest posters here [face_peace]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. Huncrweo

Huncrweo Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 3, 2020
    I'm not on board with the Sebastian Stan fancasting (I see the physical resemblance but I think he's a very different actor to Mark Hamill) but if they want to use Luke in a substantial role for a series, whether that's Mando season three or something else, I really hope they just recast. Maybe the CGI required for de-aging will be good enough to support a fully-fledged character one day, but if Mando Luke is any indication we are very much not there yet. I'm surprised that Star Wars of all fandoms would have people so vehemently against recasting; Ewan McGregor's recast Obi-Wan is almost as, if not equally, popular as Alec Guiness' these days. Alden Ehrenreich was also recieved fairly well, and Donald Glover even more so.

I get the argument about going from "Mark Hamill to Avengers dude and back to Mark Hamill" but at the end of the day you have to do what's right for your show. I'd argue that a stiff, plastic-looking CG portrayal would break one's suspension of disbelief far more than a simple actor switch.

23. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well since they went the CGI route with Luke in Mando, i think it would be hard to recast now. it seems like they have stuck themselves in abit of a hole by doing that. I do think the CGI route will limit the potential of what they can do with Luke.

The cool factor of hey we can just CGI a younger hamill as Luke was abit too big to pass up clearly. but really its gonna mean some tricky decisions going forward.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  24. First Of My Name

First Of My Name Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2014
    I'm thrilled that Hayden is coming back as Anakin. It feels like that version of the character is finally getting some justice, the ST left so much dramatic potential unexplored by not using PT-Anakin.
    And man, would you have believed two years ago that we'd be getting Anakin and Ahsoka together in a live-action scene? I can't wait.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Actually you’re wrong all the time but I just wanted to make this joke. :p