main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Anakin Skywalker (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Didn't say I don't understand it, I said I dislike it.

And I don't know if I'd say Ahsoka was a big part of his life, much less a factor in his fall. She's not necessary to Anakin's story at all.

wobbits likes this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Well Filoni and GL has said Ahsoka was part of his fall. And yeah she is, she is there too give Anakin to let go off his own selfish desires. Yoda is quite smart in that.

Mostly Handless and Django Fett like this.
  3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I think that's looking at it backward. It's not so much about whether Ahsoka is necessary to Anakin's story (she isn't, but she does further his development as a more dynamic character), but the fact that Anakin is absolutely vital to Ahsoka's story and her own path. Considering this is her series, after all, it makes sense that Anakin would factor into the narrative to some degree.

4. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I don't really care what Filoni or GL might've said about Ahsoka being part of his fall. Show, don't tell. Everything in the saga functions fine without her, so... yeah.

And, again, not saying I don't understand the logic in Christensen / Anakin showing up in an Ahsoka show -- granted it's kinda weird that they're keen on using him now for TV shows when he was only given a one vague line in the last trilogy of the "Skywalker Saga", but whatever -- but I don't agree that she furthers his development. Anakin experienced loss and failure before and after her. She's pretty much just a filler character for a filler show.

I don't know if I'd say Anakin is even needed for Ahsoka's story either. She easily could've been anyone's Padawan, and just another Purge survivor.

wobbits and CrazyOldJedi like this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    She is very mutch not a filler character, and she was going to be Obi Wan's padawan like clone wars movie teased at first before the twist. But GL wanted Ahsoka to be Anakin's padawan. And unlike Ahsoka and Luke, Anakin has no close ties with his grandson who worships his evil side and not his lightside. He helps Rey in need like the others to take down Palpatine once and for all, Rey with Anakin's help defeats the sith. Ahsoka makes sense, same if we got a Luke show.

6. A Corpse of Disapproval

A Corpse of Disapproval Severed Head Admin star 3 Staff Member Manager

Sep 16, 2015
  7. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    <shrugs> got me good sir.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if force ghost Anakin be more blue like Luke was or have some color to him like Yoda.

9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I don't think Luke was "more" blue, I think that was just an effect of Abrams' use of colour. All his films have a very glossy, bluey/teal look to them. But in answer, I would prefer more natural colour like Yoda in TLJ and Obi-Wan in ROTJ.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  10. A Corpse of Disapproval

A Corpse of Disapproval Severed Head Admin star 3 Staff Member Manager

Sep 16, 2015
    Yoda was blue after he went to Dagobah when all he had was the berry and the stick. This is why the lifesaber was green before the blue.

All Hail Blue Yoda

11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    When nine hundred years old you reach, look as blue you will not.

12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    [​IMG]
    "I should be bluer than Yoda"

Duke Vadewalker and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  14. May_The_Force_Be_With_You

May_The_Force_Be_With_You Jedi Master star 1

Jan 21, 2014
    So with his big return, will this show explain why Anakin did nothing to divert his biggest fanboy, Kylo Ren, away from the path or will that continued to be ignored? I'm just asking for the people in the back.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Force ghosts can’t really interfere that directly that’s been more or less established

16. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well it doesn't seem like Anakin visited Ahsoka before she fell to her death, so why would he visit Ben? Force ghosts are jerks.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2023
  17. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Well we're in the WBW now, so maybe he was given another shot at the choice The Father gave to him and his repentance for throwing the force so out of whack is to act like a guardian of the inside of the force. I think we're about to get really meta with the force these next few episodes.

18. May_The_Force_Be_With_You

May_The_Force_Be_With_You Jedi Master star 1

Jan 21, 2014
    I didn't expect him to fight him but just talk to him the way Obi-Wan/Yoda did for Luke. Nothing seemed to imply that he was getting any type of communication back when he spoke to the helmet.

:p :p :p

I figured he didn't talk to her because she appears to be doing ok. Kylo Ren was the conflicted right-hand of a new empire that wants to murder countless beings and his biggest motivation is his grandfather. One seemed like they needed a talk more than the other.

I kind of wish I had watched the cartoons. I feel like this moment would have been more poignant to me. I know that he trained her as a Jedi, but that's...about it.

I bet the fans of the animated series are freaking out right now.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  20. HMTE

HMTE Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 7, 2021
    Hello Snips.

Need I say more?

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I know some people who hate the word with a passion I have always loved it

HMTE likes this.
  22. Sky_alma

Sky_alma Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2022
    Me after watching last episode:
    [​IMG]

23. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Could just be the shroud of the dark side. Incidentally, that appeal from Kylo plays in the WBW in Rebels.

24. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    He looks pretty good. I'm glad he's not some uncanny valley Mannequin Skywalker.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2023
    Happy Sando likes this.
  25. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Agreed. I think there's been some soft focus digital de-ageing applied, but not to a distracting degree. He looked a little younger than he did during the Obi-Wan flashback, which was untouched. It could just be the mystical swirly effects of the World Between Worlds, though.