main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Andor Episode 1.05 Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 4, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Oct 12, 2022.
  1. 10

18.3%
  2. 9

28.0%
  3. 8

24.4%
  4. 7

22.0%
  5. 6

4.9%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.2%
  10. 1

1.2%
  1. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    "They're bad parents . . . every single one of them. And not just the Mon Mothma's husband. But the Wo-Mon Mothma's husband... and the Chil-Mon Mothma's husband, too. They're like a family with problems, and I smdh at them like bad parents! I SMDH @ THEM!"

- Mon Mothma's limo driver

Sarge likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    And after Mothma says “I didn’t think you’d be interested [in her foundation ] - it’s charitable,” her husband’s face says “Oh…yeah, you’re right, I don’t give a ****.”

my kind of scum likes this.
  3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Indeed. I thought he was thinking, "well played Mothma. You're right that I don't care but also...you're a ***** for saying so".

Riv_Shiel, Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  4. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    You can wear a ball gown, if you'd like.

5. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    From now on I'm assuming Space Balls and History of the World Pt. 1 are in the same cinematic universe :cool:

[​IMG]

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  6. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Great episode. Loved the fleshing out of the different groups that were introduced last week.

This series will definitely be getting a rewatch. :)

Sooooo...we have yet to find out who the engineer, and who the new recruit to the cause are...

...aswell as a heist, an escape, a reckoning, some new settings, some space scenes, Imperial squabbling, and pew pew. If season 2 covers a very different period of time, I think we may need to buckle up!

7. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I think Mothma will have to have her husband killed. He seems like a spy.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Not sure if this is an incredibly bad take, or just an incredibly bad joke. [face_dunno]

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Either way it's definitely won the dumbest post of the year award.

10. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Something like that. He’s shady as heck.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  11. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    This episode was a bit slow but I still love the show, with more great dialogue and acting. So far every single character I find interesting. I especially love the one Rebel who's from another show called the Bear on Hulu. he is great the one that took andor's kyber necklace. Still two thumbs way up for me.

12. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    I love the line where she says something like, " they never climb the same fence twice." Im also rooting for her strangely. Dang the show is very good. I never thought Star Wars would be this adult, it actually makes me thrilled

13. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Yeah, and also when she says she doesn’t know what she's doing...Nice to see conflict in a character and not one-dimensional assuredness.

LedReader and Christopher Blair like this.
  14. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Karn has "action figures" in his old bedroom at Mom's place.

Luthen's shop? Who's in charge there? His "assistant" seems rather bold.

Mothma's daughter. Aren't teens so lovable? I agree that she and her dad need a vacation on Alderaan.

Some of the best quotable lines ever in this episode! "Too random to be random", and "Everyone has their own rebellion" are right up there with "I've got a bad feeling about this." or "Luke, I am your father." JK on that last one, I know the real quote. LOL.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  15. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    The only time Cassian mildly irritated me was when he was talking to the other lady, and Vel had to tell him that he could put his clothes on by himself. He wasn't trying to be inappropriate to the other woman. I know lots of people would be, but Cassian wouldn't. He's not perfect, of course, but he's clearly traumatized that the Empire separated him from his family and sister.

Honestly, all of this is helping me to understand why he was so willing to help Jyn at the end of R1. And it makes me like him more.

16. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Hot toys better come out with a Cassian Andor 1/6. They never released the RO version even though there was a prototype.

Luthen's Assistant is just a role. Another rebel. She almost seems like his daughter.

17. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Were the writers implying that Vel and Cinta are partners?

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  18. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    Wow, and here I had thought we had progressed at least a little over the past 50 years, but I guess not. Apparently, a woman's only purpose it to take care of a man.

19. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Lucky you , there's 60 years of Coronation St.

20. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I took it as the Rebel who stated this as he was the one claiming his woman, but then Vel exits the tent with her so it most likely implies she's with Vel.

3sm1r likes this.
  21. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    At least three hints that they were partners. Nothing too over the top, nothing too 'in your face', that's what I like about this show, lots to digest and work out for yourself.

Riv_Shiel, SateleNovelist11 and 3sm1r like this.
  22. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Nice, thanks for the confirmation. I was wondering whether I was overthinking it but no, they are almost surely a couple.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "The Axe Forgets" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close 1 week from now.​

clone commander bossk likes this.
  24. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    They could only be like sisters. Ether way, it doesn't matter. Cassian didn't know them, and we're seeing them through his eyes. Honestly, Cinta seems like someone who is good at her job but very reserved. It's important to note that bosses often have to tell workers to remain professional and not personal.

But that's my politically correct answer. Honestly, I would love it if they were partners. Frankly, the only good representations of same-sex couples I've seen have been in Carol (2015) and Harley and Ivy (2019-ongoing). The mainstream media wants EVERYONE to be straight, and it's...unrealistic. We ought to see more guys dating guys and girls dating girls. It's normal. Happens all the time. And they should not be destroyed all the time, since LGBTQ characters tend to be offed fairly often in recent media. As we all know, they were treated worse before the 2010s. They were typically villainized, and if you think of human history, it's just sad to think of all the LGBTQ people who were enslaved and destroyed just because they were not straight. Persecution of LGBTQ+ people is referred to as the white nationalist cis-heteropatriarchy for a reason.

So, anyhow, yeah, I can envision loads of people of any gender or orientation fighting this Empire in Star Wars. Frankly, white guys on this website treat LGBTQ+ folks pretty well compared to on other sites. But that's why they're SW fans. They've read and experienced a lot, and so they get that other people are different.

25. jasman

Aug 29, 1998
    Were the writers implying that Vel and Cinta are partners?

Well, she's "sharing a blanket" with somebody, right?

CrazyOldJedi likes this.