main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Andor Episode 1.06 Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 11, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Oct 19, 2022.
  1. 10

51.0%
  2. 9

31.0%
  3. 8

12.0%
  4. 7

3.0%
  5. 6

1.0%
  6. 5

1.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.0%
  1. Ewoklord

Ewoklord Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2014
    To be fair "the main cast is entirely human" is hardly exclusive to Rogue One, Chewbacca excluded.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I know something that the show could use more of. That's more people using thermal detonators to negotiate a bigger payday. Always realistic.

3. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    "I offer you 10k"

"15k "

" Why 15k?"

"Because I have a thermal detonator in my hand"

".....
    Legit, let's do 12k then, last offer. "

"Deal ! "

^ bargaining in the SW universe

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Why do I imagine Hondo involved?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
    3sm1r and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  5. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Speaking roles were definitely human-heavy compared of other SW movies, but there were lots of aliens. Jyn's cell mate, background characters all over Jedha, that gunner in the U-wing, Saw's band, etc. It had a lot more of a "Tatooine cantina" vibe than Andor does, and I don't think it's any stretch to say Andor is more sans-alien than any other live action SW. The overall aesthetic does feel like a noticeable departure from Rogue One imo, maybe that is the budget or a creative decision, but either way it's different.

Oh I don't care about this in the least either, The Force is guiding my hands rn, "I am one with The Force and The Force is with me. I am one with The Force and The Force is with me. I am one with The Force and The Force is with me. I am one with The Force and The Force is with me"

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  6. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    9/10. What a tense and beautiful episode :D

7. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I enjoyed this episode too, especially the action scenes. Unfortunately, Mr. Gilroy still hasn't acquiesced to my non-negotiable demands, he has not given us - The Fans - a fresh Admiral Raddus appearance. Therefore I must once again grade this episode a "1", which is is the lowest possible grade for any episode in Jedi Council Forum polls. Make no mistake Mr. Gilroy, I will not relent, and will continue this remorseless, relentless path until you relent, or until there are no episodes left.

8. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Wednsday and Thursday were long and hard and didnt have time to watch the episode. I woke up rather early this morning so I put on my BOSE Headphones and took my ipad, sat in bed and watched this great episode.
    This kind of stroytelling wouldnt fit that well into a skywalker saga movie but it works perfectly well with this show. Amazing, intense, epic. I would just have wished for a little more of a chase between the TIEs and the Freighter but beside that it was a perfectly paced, editied, scores, acted episode.

This show is different. Its not the SW we had before. But as I said before: I love us getting different genres with different showes. Mando is Adventure and Western, Boba Mafia/Adventure/Gangster, Kenobi more of the classic SW story telling. This is a spy thriller.

JFettG and Freelancer257 like this.
  9. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    Another great episode.

There's mirroring between this heist and the one on Scarif:

- one team infiltrates using Imperial uniforms while another team causes distraction elsewhere;
    - objective involves breaking into a vault;
    - flight conditions are difficult (the Eye on Aldhani and the shield on Scarif);
    - at the end of the heist after several deaths amongst the team, there's a scene between Cassian and the team leader (Vel/Jyn).

anakinfansince1983 and JFettG like this.
  10. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Have a guess about the next episode - Cassian will try to lay low on a planet with a sea resort (basing on photos during the production). Imps will think about showing Andor's hologram to the surviving members of the hangar's crew, they will confirm that he was a part of the heist and Cassian will be put on the wanted list across all the Empire.

11. The Empire_59

The Empire_59 Jedi Padawan

Apr 1, 2022
    There is a line from The Star Wars Book, that came out two years ago now, who say that most of the sessions of the Imperial Senate are overseen by Grand Vizier Mas Amedda. So since the Senate wasn’t fully in session in this episode, it was probably Sly Moore or some Imperial bureaucrat. We will probably see the Senate fully in session later.

Anyway, this was the best episode so far of the series. Tension was felt throughout the robbery and there was some moments where it felt the Imperials are good guys like the engineer who wanted to save the kid’s life.

12. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I gave this a 10/10.

First of all this episode had me on the edge of my seat.

I really liked the heist vibe and how complicated it was. You felt at any moment something could go wrong. Andor and the Rebels aren't congealing at the beginning and by the end...well it hasn't gotten better. I'm really not sure what to expect from week to week, how Andor goes from his current state to his end state. I am enjoying the ride though because you know the arc has to be fascinating. I really didn't expect him to kill one of them though.

Mon's s/l is going along as about expected. We do know where she comes from so it isn't as intriguing but still interesting.

anakinfansince1983 and JFettG like this.
  13. Vidianefficiency

Vidianefficiency Jedi Master star 1

Feb 20, 2015
    The ISBs emergency retaliation plan !

That sounds like every poor home and poor part of the galaxy will be ransacked.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

DannyD likes this.
  14. Vidianefficiency

Vidianefficiency Jedi Master star 1

Feb 20, 2015
    I felt this at first then i applied the in my own head 'in world' Canon for this which is that the empire is a hugely fascist entity and only trusts humans hence the original set of movies only having human brits for the most part as members of the empire.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

15. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Again

i cannot have been literally the only person to have noticed this.

the lead native was wearing a Santa red and white hat and every time they were on screen there were bells jingling, and then the sky lights up like a Christmas tree.

I was in the Christmas spirit the entire time the heist was happening!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  16. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    FWIW all the major characters in ANH other than Chewbacca were human. So basically one token protagonist alien, in a sea of humans.

ESB gave us Yoda. Now we're up to two. Other than Chewie and Yoda, the main characters were humans all the way.

ROTJ gave us Akbar and Nien Nunb. And the Ewoks. And a fair bit of time with Jabba and his whole retinue. Now we're getting somewhere. Shame it took until the last film of the OT tho.

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I was disappointed that they did make population fully human. It would've made more sense to have some aliens in the midst at least. Since they made it human, but still multi-ethnic it is clear it is not completely isolated population. Well maybe their ancestors were xenophobic or something and allowed only humans in their midst.

Saw Gerrera's posse had many aliens: Benthic Twotubes and his eggmate, Moroff the gigoran, Twi'lek Beezer Fortuna, Leevan Tenza, Weeteef Cyu-bee (I guess you mean him with small alien), Kullbee Sperado and Cycyed Ock

Rebel Alliance Scarif team had two alien members as well reptilian Pao and Bistan, the U-wing gunner.

18. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I’ll also add that Andor will be spending the next arc looking for his sister now that he’s been paid and has his own ship.

19. Darth_Cruiser

Darth_Cruiser Jedi Padawan

May 4, 2022
    That one person who voted 1....why lol

This episode was worth the wait! Creepy how Cassian kills that guy all of a sudden.

Wish the chase in the Eye was longer though. The Eye would've been epic to see in the theatre if it was in a SW movie!

20. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    I think the lack of aliens was partly due to budget and technology limits of the time. Even today I think expensive CGI and cumbersome makeup/prosthetics have limited aliens to mostly supporting roles (in live-action streaming anyway.)

Still, in ANH we did have the Jawas, the Tuskens and the Cantina scene which I think added plenty of alien flavor to the film.

Darth_Cruiser likes this.
  21. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    If this show was written more like TBOBF or the other Star Wars shows then page one Nemik's manifesto would read, "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far way..." :(

22. Darth_Cruiser

May 4, 2022
    Odd they didn't wear any masks though

23. Darth_Cruiser

May 4, 2022
    Looks like they're trying to save money by not having Aliens in Andor too.

24. GDGJ

GDGJ Jedi Master star 1

Aug 29, 2016
    This is a damn good show.

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    They had alien surgeon in this episode and later we will see aliens with Saw Gerrera's group too.