main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Andor Episode 1.10 Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 8, 2022.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 16, 2022.
  1. 10

67.7%
  2. 9

20.8%
  3. 8

7.3%
  4. 7

3.1%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.0%
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Right, though by Rogue One it's not just about killing to protect himself, but to protect the rebellion. And that's where he got to in this episode.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Cool points, still the topic we’ve moved on from.

upload_2022-11-10_20-3-7.png

3. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Also, Mothma's choice is a lot starker than is being discussed. It's not just a choice between marrying off her daughter to a super-criminal's son and funding the rebellion. She needs a way to hide the funds so that the Empire doesn't suspect her - something that will have serious consequences for the rebellion AND her family. So if she doesn't go with what this guy wants, she's putting her family in danger as well as leaving the rebellion high and dry.

4. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Yes, this.

And if she DOES go with that this guy wants..... he will have control and power over her. And potentially over her daughter too.
    She knows all of this, hence her tears. These are tears of frustration, anger and despair.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  5. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    And we don’t know what Mon’s own arranged marriage situation was like in its early days. Was she once in love with her husband or was it more like two attractive teens being matched up without the life experience to form a world view or opinion on who would make suitable life partner. What compromises did Mon’s and her Husband’s family make to arrange that marriage? What advantage did it create for both families?

Maybe part of Mon’s discuss is subjecting her daughter to the same fate Mon herself was forced into.

I quite loved the actor cast as the charlatan rich guy who proposed marriage to turn his family legitimate. He seemed familiar - I’m not sure if I’ve seen him in anything else - but he was perfect casting. Just the right look and attitude of success yet criminal charm.

Im very curious to what Mon’s husband would think of the arrangement. The father who lets his daughter do whatever she wants.

Also I have a feeling the charlatan son is quite charming. So the daughter might not object to the union. It’s not some book work dweeb the guy offering up.

Etav Byx likes this.
  6. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I rewatched this episode again this morning, and I'm just astounded at what I'm seeing. This isn't your simple Joseph Campbell Hero's Journey, this is real drama at its highest level. I've watched clips of Kino's speech and Luthen's monologue, and none of these would fit in the "regular" Star Wars stories we've seen so far. Since we're allowed to get to know these characters, get inside their heads, the drama that pours out as a result is incredible.
    This Prison Arc has gotten 10/10s from me. I usually only issue one 10/10 per season of any show, but so far, Andor has garnered MANY from me, because I can't see subsequent episodes being better. But they just keep bringing the drama!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think he seemed familiar because he looks a lot like Willem Dafoe.

8. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Whoa. You’re right. He looks like Jane Austin’s William Dafoe or Dafoe in Charles Dickens.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. Darth Hood

Darth Hood Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2015
    Now that Luthen knows the name of the ISB Supervisor who's investigating the rebels, I wonder if she's going to be Cassian's first assassination target

10. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Man, I haven't posted here in forever, but Andor is absolutely killing it, and I had to add my voice to the chorus. I've been waiting for this one, knew it would be fantastic; its completely blown my very high expectations completely out of the water. This is the first thing I've ever seen be in contention for taking the high water mark for SW from The Thrawn Trilogy. MORE OF THIS, PLEASE!

That said, is there a betting pool on whether or not we'll see Raddus?

11. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Say, did anybody else notice it's the exact same mic (not the same individual one, but the same the model, the design) as the one Han speaks into in the Death Star while trying to lie his way out of a situation (boring conversation anyway)?

12. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    [​IMG]

13. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    That's fab.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    What’s so great about Luthen’s monologue at the end is that it’s not just self-indulgent speechifying. He has to pull out all the stops - all the truth and all the tragic poetry - in order to convince this incredibly important and potentially dangerous Rebel asset to keep playing the role he’s been playing. He has to be at his most convincing in order to protect the rebellion he’s spent 15 years building. This is an absolute make or break moment. If Lonni tries to leave, and the Empire gets suspicious, a lot could come crashing down.

15. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Bets are open on who will get rid of Lonni.
    Could be Luthen, could be Dedra, or could be Syril to save Dedra's life, in a major twist.
    I don't see him surviving this show, and I'd say odds are against him surviving the season as well.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    so presumably Cinta is hanging around on Ferrix to kill Andor.

I wonder how much time has passed tho , between the gold heist and the prison break.

17. Lomer2012

Lomer2012 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2016
    I don't think that there is enough time left in that season for exposing Lonni (at least not within the convincing storytelling framework of this show). Discovering him would require careful laying of traps, unless it happens by accident. And even if he is found out, ISB may still prefer to feed him false information rather than revealing their cards. But I might be wrong, of course. Catching him now will certainly make the sacrifice of Anto Kreegyr even more tragic.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  18. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I'm not sure.
    Let's not forget that Dedra is a genius.
    I wouldn't be surprised if she already has some suspicions.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Lomer2012

Lomer2012 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2016
    She might be a genius, but the series likes to show how this genius works methodically. So, I don't believe there will be a simple "gotcha" moment within the next 2 episodes. But, as I said, the opposite is a also a fertile ground for storytelling (for instance, a Poirot-like revelation (based on previously unrevealed mental calculations) in the ISB main room, or a slip like the three-finger gesture in Inglourious Basterds).

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    She reacts with some suspicion when Lonni makes his suggestion to Partagaz. I bet she thinks something is slightly amiss.

21. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Indeed. To be fair with poor Lonni, I feel Dedra sees everyone around her (except perhaps Partagaz) as either dangerous or incompetent. No doubt she keeps an eye on other supervisors she has to interact regularly with. By the way, I would love to see Blevin again. His part on the story may very well be over, but I miss his intolerable, arrogant presence!

22. Country Roads

Country Roads Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2022
    And sometimes acts of compassion can be rewarded and create allies. I say this not to contribute to the "should he or shouldn't he have spared them" discussion, but rather just a discussion of the consequences of the fact that he did, in fact, spare them - in my mind, if we don't see Kino again, I will tell myself that these two officers, in gratitude, helped him survive in some way. Sometimes kindness does pay itself forward.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2022
  23. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Hope that the issue of Andor not being identified after his arrest (although the real information on him was in Imperial databases, he even served in the military once) will be addressed in the series.

24. Protean

Protean Jedi Master star 2

Sep 17, 2008
    I don't think the ally argument is applicable here at all.

Yeah, andor is going to be ID'd after this. Again.
    1. They'll be going over the faces on cameras with a microscope
    2. They left witnesses.
    3. Even if they don't have him in the system from the prison, they had his records from before.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  25. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Who knows? The story hasn't finished.

Looking forward to episode 11 and leaving this behind...

Sarge likes this.