main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Andor Season 2 Discussion (Spoliers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Syril and Dedra leave it all behind for a year on Niamos. Cereal in bed for Syril, all day every day.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    He will be content with a romantic life of ease until the fateful day he discovers the remains of Cassian Andor's stash above his shower. And then he rediscovers himself. A man irrationally preoccupied.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think the chap Andor shoots at the beginning of RO after telling him about the DS will play a role. The series will likely end with him finding out about the DS.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yo could a mod add the Andor Tag cause my OCD is freaking out

5. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    Siphonophore and DarthKreVass like this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Great interview. No BS, and I love his stream of consciousness. There’s definitely a mad genius to his thought process. Which may also be why he called Neal Scanlan…Neil Stevenson. :cool:

Cos Palpatine likes this.
  7. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Really like this quote, "It's a big mistake to just keep vamping along and not know where you're going. Once you know where you're going, and it's pretty obvious that the whole show knows where it's going."

Too bad the people involved in the ST didn't think of that! Hey-o!

wobbits and Bor Mullet like this.
  8. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Perhaps they will extend the run times of each episode. Not saying they'll go the route of long run times like Stranger Things S4, (I would not be opposed to that, as long as it benefits the storytelling in this wider span of history, while also not feeling like it drags).

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Considering that there will multiple time jumps throughout season two I really hope we see Mon Mothma in more varied locations. It'll look super silly if every single Mothma scene set over four years takes place in her apartment, her car, the Senate, or Luthen's store.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Cassian Andor sister gets revealed, Tony Gilroy just recently hinted at we might get something of that. Dosent sound planned. So maybe Andor finale with Cassian meets his sister.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  11. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    It sounds like the Rebel Alliance isn't going to fully coalesce until the final couple of episodes. That kinda makes me want a whole new show based on the fully formed Rebel Alliance from the perspective of the average soldier.

wobbits and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Moments of victory by the Rebellion when they are in the ascendancy might be uplifting and a nice contrast to oppression and the Dark Times. I'd like this to be "ordinary" victories and realistic rather superhero/Jedi in nature.

Not sure how you show that, but I'm.not a screenwriter!

BTW: I am also looking forward to Jedi action in the upcoming stuff.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  13. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    I noticed in a re-watch of Rogue One that Cassian has a lot of intel that we might see him collect next season (probably within the last arc or two). He knows about Galen Erso, Liana Hallik (and her true identity), Jyn's connection to Saw Gerrera, etc. I think we might also see why Cassian thinks that any Alliance members showing up on Saw's door would be shot on sight.

14. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    Cassian's line to Jyn in Rogue One that "You're not the only one who lost everything" makes me very fearful for everyone on that ship escaping Ferrix. It's everyone Cassian cares about crammed into a tin can. I was half-expecting the ship to be shot out of the sky in the season 1 finale.

15. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Dark Times indeed.

Or maybe...

They are alive and well and awaiting Cassian to return in the finale of S2. How heartbreaking would that be?

Except B2. We know he turns into K2. :)

16. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    That was my biggest gripe with the season, the repetition of always showing her in the same places

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Four different locations in one season seems pretty good. Yes, she never got off Coruscant, but that works for the story. I also thought her limited surroundings worked really well to show how trapped she is, with the walls closing in. Worked especially well when Cassian was in a literal prison. All these choices, which seem to be only about restraint, actually serve to reinforce both characterization and narrative, and it’s that thoughtfulness that puts the show way over the top.

18. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    To me I just couldn't help but feel the limits of the set/budget. I would have appreciated at least to see her in her bedroom, or something.

19. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Yep, while I do want to see Mon a little more out and about next season and I imagine budget constraints played a part in her limited locations in season one, I too felt like seeing Mon in the same locations really emphasized how hemmed in she was. Yes, it appears that she lives a lavish lifestyle but really she's boxed in and has limited freedom. Maybe the more she overtly rebels, the more we'll see her outside her apartment.

dogprivilege and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I'm honestly less concerned about fitting in the expected puzzle pieces (K-2, Yavin IV, additional Rogue One characters, the Death Star), and am much more interested in what becomes of characters who are no longer in the picture by the time this all wraps up: Luthen, Kleya, Vel, Cinta, Bix, Dedra, Syril, etc.

And I'm not thinking in terms of a simplistic will they live or die scenario. The question is what choices will they be making? That's what matters.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  21. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I agree. There are some very interesting characters there that could do unexpected choices and end up in unexpected situations.
    I hope they don't focus too much on Death Star and keep the focus in characters. Andor himself is bit obvious since we know where he ends up, but still I hope we learn more of his weird past. What exactly happened on Kenari and why? Does it have something to do with Commerce Guilds and corruption in senate or was it simply some mining accident this time for real.

22. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    It’s a massive testament to season 1 of Andor that I’m actually not remotely excited or speculating about which other characters could appear and make cameos.

The characters of season 1 have been so well written that I’m simply more interested in their own stories. I want to see more Cassian and Luthen in particular. If there is any crossover I hope it’s done as subtle nods

Bor Mullet and DannyD like this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    This is a family friendly site, SmokeMonster.

24. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I wonder if season two will go into how the Rebellion builds up their fleet of ships? Will we see Mon, Luthen, or Bail Organa addressing this issue or is the Rebellion's fleet going to magically appear fully formed in the last few episodes of the season? I'm not sure if there is an explanation that would make for compelling TV but Gilroy might be able to do it.

Also is each three episode arc going to focus on Andor, Mon, or Luthen trying to convince a different faction in the galaxy to work together to destroy Empire?

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Probaly the latter.