main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT 'Anti-Cheese' and 'Mature' edits now absent from YouTube.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Heroic BB-8, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Colwyn Ren

Colwyn Ren Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2015
    Obviously you are making a joke, but I don't get it. Are you able to flesh the joke out a little for me?

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I consider LOTR to be a pretty mature movie series. Would Pulp Fiction have been a better one? :p

Huttese 101 and Cryogenic like this.
  3. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    I ran into this comment on YouTube last night. It's underneath a video with a rude title ("50 Reasons why the Star Wars prequels are ****" -- reminds me of Einstein's retort: "If I were wrong, one would have been enough!"), but anyway, here it is:

(The slightly broken English, to me, makes it funnier)

Davi Barbosa 3 weeks ago
    Do not take it so seriously, in the Original Trilogy, Luke almost pierces the eye with the lightsaber, Obi-Wan does not care. The training that Luke gets to beat a guy that killed almost everyone in the jedi temple is very weak and it still stops in the middle. Boba Fett is killed with a bump of a blind man. The stormtroopers not hit almost anybody the entire trilogy. The droids are tortured in the palace of Jabba and cry like a child. Han Solo becomes a fool by Princess Leia, doing little scene of jealousy. Yoda fight with R2D2 because of a flashlight and finally the galaxy is saved by a group of bears, more cuddly than the Gungans in the battle in Episode 1. AND THEN? This is Star Wars, is fantasy, joy, fun for all ages, stop being so boring !!! May the force be with you, because it is in the 7 episodes of Star Wars !!!!!!

Original link

There's an even coarser response by someone else, but it's a bit on the adult side, so I'll put it in spoiler code (warning: adult content):

dan shmitka 3 months ago
    wait, where are the 50 things that made the prequels suck? where is your comparison, you make no sense, stormtroopers cant hit the broad side of a fat bitch, stormtrooper hits his head on the door or the deathstar, darth vader lets luke fall down a gaint hole, luke most likely masturbated to liea, obi-wan did said "what I told you was true from a certain point of view" and luke calls bull **** on that ****, c-3po keeps talking, chewi keeps talking (holiday special killed chewie), darth has no reaction to learning he has a son then no reaction to finding out he has a daughter too, death star is a video game boss, jabba, bobba dies to a blind man, rancor dies too a door, stormtroopers knock on a door and say its lock then move to the next one, chewi ripping off tarzan, wicket being the ewok version of jar jar, incest between luke and liea, liea says she remembers her mother but how could she when her real mother died after giving birth to her and luke, luke does not through up after finding out liea is his sister, liea was the only main character to be sexualized in the sag (slave dress). do I need anymore to prove the point that I gave real examples of bad things in movies? oh and apparently sandpeople have worse aim then stormtroopers but both wont hit you if you stand perfectly still

4. AprilMayJune

AprilMayJune Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2015

Yep -- I wish they'd just be honest and call these things "an edit of Episode # with the stuff I didn't like taken out", because please: pretending that these edits are in pursuit of some kind of refined adult high-cinema approach to Star Wars...I mean, come on. There's no such thing as Star Wars without cheese. (Nor, in my opinion, should there be...but that's just me.) If they had actually edited out all the cheesiness of any given episode, as I said upthread, the whole thing would be like 5 minutes long.

It feels like these people just don't want to admit that all of it, including our beloved OT, was already...y'know...pret-ty dorky like...a lot of the time. "No! The Star Wars *I* liked as a kid was...for cool kids! And not cringe-inducing, ever! And has aged perfectly in all respects! Star Wars didn't become lame until TPM!" I'm always like "Ohhhkay, honey, sure. Whatever you need to tell yourself. It's OK. There there. You're definitely cool, and so is everything you like." ;)

Huttese 101 and Sepra like this.
  5. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    I liked the one where they cut TPM. I wish I could cut it from my mind...

6. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    The same feelings I harbor about fan edits are what I have for fanfic. I liked some fan music videos a long time ago for a different show, but for the most part fan-made stuff is pretty terrible. If I want to edit out parts I don't like, I'm a functional adult with a fast forward button.

Kind of bored with General Grievous? Hey, why don't I use the magic button to make his part go away?

The only edit I would be into is an extended cut of AOTC with the deleted scenes of Anakin and Padme put in. So, I guess like the Extra Cheese Edition. (That was actually the only reason I didn't like AOTC when I saw it in theaters though. The romance was too little. Cue fanboy head explosion.)

QuangoFett and Huttese 101 like this.
  7. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    :rolleyes:

8. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    I wish I could do more than just like this comment so I'm commenting to say I really like it.

AprilMayJune, the special little unique creative sensitive snowflakes strike back! They can't be misguided, they've gone through life believing they're always right!

Heroic BB-8 likes this.
  9. museinwoodenshoes

museinwoodenshoes Jedi Master star 4

Nov 25, 2015
    This. Lucas should have gone all the way with the cheese. I recently re-watched the PT with a friend who wanted to catch up before TFA and she loved that Anakin was such a flop in AOTC. He had no clue what to do when it came to dealing with women and as a result of that he was awkward and came on way too strong. And how would he have known what to do? He's been raised in a quasi-monastic order for half his life. I guess Obi-Wan must have given him the birds and bees talk somewhere along the way, but can you imagine how that one went down? "Now, Anakin. let me quote from the manual, but remember attachment is a no-no and NOT the Jedi way"

Darkslayer, SeventySeven and Sepra like this.
  10. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    [face_laugh] The very concept of Obi-Wan giving Anakin "The Talk" is killing me. Is it possible to die of embarrassment on behalf of a fictional character?

11. Colwyn Ren

Sep 16, 2015
    Ah... not joking, but trolling. I understand now.

12. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Did I really just read this?

-Jedi Joe- and AprilMayJune like this.
  13. DarthPoojaNaberrie

DarthPoojaNaberrie Jedi Master star 5

Jun 21, 2005

Well if/when Shmi gave him the talk she would've told him nothing about fathering children and just stuff about midichlorians and not being able to fully explain it :p

jaqen likes this.
  14. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    It probably would've made AOTC a more mature movie.

Darkslayer and Sepra like this.
  15. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Star Wars without cheese is like a grilled cheese sandwich... without cheese! Flavorless.

16. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    There are a couple of times in the EU (and I think once in TCW) where Obi-Wan tells Anakin that he can't get with Padme because he'd be too attached. But it's ok for Obi-Wan to be with a certain woman because he doesn't get attached. Which makes Obi-Wan a bit of a space slut.

Now I really want a Obi-Wan movie. Why can't we scrap the Boba Fett one in favor of this?

17. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    I agree.

I apologize ahead for the "low-information" post if it's NSFW, but y'all have heard of Obi-Wan and Sabe, right?

[​IMG]

18. SeventySeven

SeventySeven Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    Way back in the 20th century I never owned an album by a group I loved that didn't have duff tracks, but with LP's skipping was a hassle. `Cassette started the compilation trend, but it was still a faff standing by with the pause button. Then - CD! - wow skip instanlty past - but sitting there with the remote felt sort of like, well - a passion killer - like palming a condom.

With digital and itunes the album was sort of destroyed, though some like the Beatles and Pink Floyd held off, now you could fill your pod with just the highlights - gorge yourself on the peak moments. It sort of does not work though. There is something about jumping straight to the best bits that feels like gluttony.
    Like Opera albums full of tear jerking arias. Maria Callas singing 'Visi d' Art' does not work as well if you have not sat through the 'talky bits' first - otherwise you don't know why she is suffering. ' A day in the Life' is a great track, but it sounds much better as the end to Sgt Pepper, even if you have to sit through 'Good Morning' to get there. The goosbumps start as it fades out - in anticipation of what's coming.

Life is like that. In the morning you might have to deal with icky goo, in the evening - who knows? But you are kidding yourself if you think you can only have highs. It's a life basic 101.

Someone made a 'just the space battle' youtube from ROTJ which I must admit I gorged on over the holiday, but ultimately it's even crazier when you watch the cuts from dying Ewoks, to Vader and Luke, 'It's a Trap' and teddy's throwing stones to Lando and his assault. An emotional roller coaster is better than just moving forever fast forward.

jimkenobi and Heroic BB-8 like this.
  19. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Is the Boba Fett one confirmed?

20. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    But.... I can't have dairy...

CIS Droid and Heroic BB-8 like this.
  21. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't think so; not confirmed. For the love of all that is good in this world, Disney, I will drive an additional dump truck full of money up to your doorstep (beyond the 2-3 it already feels like I give you annually) if you'll just give me my damn Kenobi movie already.

Ah, it appears Kenobi-Related Thread Drift has visited me once again. I digress.

22. Colwyn Ren

Sep 16, 2015
    I already have all the fan edits offline that I care about at this time, so I trusted that OP was accurate. Got curious about 10 minutes ago and so cruised the tubes to take a look for myself. All of the edits are still posted. I'm forced to conclude that there is some popular place on youtube at which they were posted and only those were removed.

23. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    the sound editing in those the fan edits just kills me.

The worst is when I want to see a small section of a prequel - you find it on YouTube and after 30 seconds or whatever realise it's some lame fan edit.

The only short cut of a Star Wars movie I liked was the IMax version of Attack of the Clones. I'd like to see that again to compare.

Ezon Pin likes this.
  24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Sucks to be you. :p

25. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Ah what the hell, Ima eat that grilled chesse.

Huttese 101 likes this.