main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side aotc anakin costuming

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Grimby , Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. across0the0stars

across0the0stars Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2003
    lol, i was trying to think of a way to do make-shift hair extensions but i haven't come up with anything yet (note: i haven't tried too hard yet either) =P

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Jango, having a real one may be fun...but not practical for us working guys :) Plus the fake one really doesn't fall out either :)

across0the0stars, this really is a great way to do it cheap and simple...cost me 3 dollars CAD or so. :)

3. across0the0stars

Jul 29, 2003
    mkay thx, i'll hafta experiment sometime, lol i have plenty of time =P

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    i'm not sure if i'll be using a braid with my costume. i have red hait and it's shaved all the way around on the sides (see pic on my profile). i'm not sure i'd look right with a braid or a ponytail, even if i found the right color....

in other news, my belt supplies are in. :D i'm going to start making the belt now, taking a lot of pics along the way and hopefully i'll make a tutorial out of it when i'm finished. :)

5. across0the0stars

Jul 29, 2003
    hey, i think i found what that article meant by sewing on his ponytail. it's called Microring Extensions. lookie lookie:

http://www.drlocks.net/micro.htm

http://www.drlocks.net/microring_demo.htm

if ya look at the movie some, in my opinion, ya can kind of see some of the seperation of the extensions. you'd still need a bit of length to your hair, but i can definately see this working in my situation =)=)

6. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    <<<<<< FORCE PUSH >>>>>>>

Anyone with anymore tips?

7. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Tomorrow I'm starting on making the Anakin costume, the robe will be the hardest part, but I think I have it all figured out.
    Any tips, web-sites with good pictures of the robe or pattern tips & total yardage would be a great help.
    If anyone would like to know the progress (not that I will be on-line much, until after Hallows eve) I can let you know my progress?

8. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    kim! you found my little thread! :D

well i, for one, would like to know the progress of my costume! [face_mischief] ;)

9. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    i haven't started making the belt yet. perhaps that is a project i should start this week. *pokes self*

10. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Tell me about it, I just had to give myself a hard kick in the you-know-what :D
    The last few times I've been in costume heaven, I've done it on the kitchen table, this time I've made me an area in the basement. No TV, no door to answer, no phone, so I should be able to whip stuff out in no time :D You've been there to witness, a costume can be done in 2 days :D And still look good.

11. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    lol! yes it can. [face_mischief] i remember last year when we whipped my robe out in only a few hours. it's still my favorite piece of my obi costume. ;)

12. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Good, just think what this one will be like. I'm going to take my time & do it right :D I'm so excited, I hope you'll enter a costume contest, or maybe we will go somewhere that has one for Halloween (when your here). I think DH & I are going as Snow Troopers.

13. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    well now you're giving me goose bumps. ;) i can't wait to see this thing when you're done.

yes, we'll definitely have to find a good party for halloween. :D

14. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Grimby, I have a great idea for the under tunic on how to get the arms bunchy. Just sent e-mail to ya :D
    Let me know what you think, then I'll post my idea, don't want to seem like an idiot right off the bat [face_blush]

15. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    lol! sounds like a great idea to me! i suggest you share it and maybe let others give their input :D

16. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    For the bunching of the under tunic, I'm going to insert a V from elbow (maybe lower) to the wrist of a stretchy material.
    It will be easy to get on, comfy around the wrist & should keep the bunching so you don't have to keep messing with them all day long.
    I think this will give us the effect we want.
    The Sith outfit I made for myself (my very first I may add) would move around all the time. The cloak would pull on the tunic & what-not, very irritating.

17. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Well what worked for me and others too was just having the sleaves longer, have the opening to fit just over your hand and then push down the excess sleave.

Works well, is super comfortable and is as far as I know accurate :)

18. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Yes, forgot about the "making them longer part". Thank you Primrodo! I'm making this for Ben (Grimby the Hutt), he's in Kerea, and I would hate to make them to tight & him not be able to get into it.
    That would be horrible.

19. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    I hear that :)

perhaps get him to measure his hand's widest part when his finger tips are all touching and outward :)

20. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    good suggestion primrodo!

that measurement would be 4" by the way....

21. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks, any word on when the material was shipped or arriving?

22. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    well i ordered it on sunday last week so it should be there any day now. let me know when you get it.

edit:

i made some progress on the belt. it is now fully dyed and cut into two pieces. i'm ready to start assembling it but i ran into a snag when i realized i ordered the wrong size rivets. i ordered some longer ones along with some "keepers" for the small inside belt. originally i was going to make the keepers out of the extra leather from the belt, but it's too thick to make a 3/4" loop out of. aside from that, i've stayed true to my promise and i'm taking pictures every step of the way so i can make my online tutorial upon completion. i'm hoping to be done with my belt next weekend. :D

are you still planning on taking pictures along the way SC?

23. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    Upping for recent query.

24. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Unlocked for recent query.

25. Emtjedi4444

Emtjedi4444 Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2007
    I'm new to this forum but wanted to find out if anyone knows where to get or what the grips used on Anakins Episode 2 lightsaber are. They are different from the Anakin/Luke graflex lightsaber. They have a flattened raised part. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.