main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Attachments

Discussion in 'Communications' started by The battle of MAW station, Oct 31, 2023.

1. Tia

Tia Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2022
    shh, don't admit to things like that

we were set to be the sole admins this time tomorrow

Sarge likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Okay honestly I have no clue why some of my posted pics die while others don’t. If you click on the bottom pic it literally leads you to a dead hosted link while if you click on the top it leads you to a live one so why the below pic still exists I don’t know

3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I have written a set of directions for embedding images using an image hosting platform to avoid hot linking images. Embedding images using an image hosting platform will help users be in compliance with the no hotlinking policy on our website.

The set of directions will use ImgBB as the hosting platform because it is free and the one I am most familiar with. However, many site users have success using other image hosting platforms such as Imgur. So feel free to use those if you prefer or are more comfortable with those.

I am just providing directions according to what I know from my own experience will work.

If you are encountering any issues with embedding images, I recommend following these instructions as exactly as possible.

Directions for Embedding Images from a Hosting Platform that You Originally Found Online:

1. Copy the URL link of the original image that you want to use as your source image. This image could, for example, be a gif from a website like Giphy or Tenor. For my purposes, let's say I want "an easy peasy" gif from Giphy. I search for the gif that I want on Giphy. Then click on the "Share" option. Once there, I select the "Copy Gif Link" option, which will copy the gif URL to my device's clipboard. You can confirm that it did so if the button turns green and says, "Link Copied!" Super convenient.

2. Open ImgBB. Then hit the "upload" option at the top of the screen next to the "sign in" button.

3. Click the "add image urls" option from the popup screen. Paste the URL of your source image into the box that appears. Then hit "submit."

4. Leave the auto delete image option set for "Don't auto delete." Setting your image to another auto delete setting may risk it not being visible one it has been auto deleted from the image hosting platform. Keeping it set at "don't auto delete" helps prevent that from happening.

5. Hit "Upload." When the upload is complete, select "BB Code Full Linked" from the dropdown menu option. This will generate a link that you can copy and paste from ImgBB right into your post on this site. You do not need to hit the "image" option on our site if you have the BB Code Full Link Imgbb provides. Just copy and paste the link ImgBB generates right into your post. If you want to check your post looks right before you submit it, hit "Preview" before "Post Reply."

[​IMG]

4. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Alternatively, use your words.

“Use your words” is a common phrase addressed to toddlers and preschoolers who are acting out in frustration. This phrase reveals the common belief that when children have the words to express their desires, needs, or feelings, they can better regulate their behavior to match the social expectations of the situation. The ability to self-regulate enables children to adapt to and gain the most from their environments; thus much attention is given to the developmental processes and experiences that help children develop self-regulation skills. Several studies have found positive associations between language skills and pro-social and self-regulatory behavior in three- to five-year-olds.

devilinthedetails likes this.