main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

A bit surprising; hoping he trusts his body enough/he & the Padres don’t regret it.

2. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    Braves keep getting put on the IL...we got the win today but still

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i just saw Joc Pederson is trending on twitter. Cubs fans are not happy with his average, but then the rest of the lineup is almost as bad.

DarthTunick likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I tell you, it seems every other week they're coming out with some weird cockamamie stat that the play-by-play announcers can use when they're bored of calling the game. Michael Wacha is pitching for Tampa Bay tonight against the Yankees, right? He had a lousy ERA with Tampa last year up until he got hurt, but wait...his expected ERA was very good.

And whether or not that term has been around for awhile isn't the point. These announcers just love making themselves sound smarter than they are by talking about sabermetric terms that the vast majority of people watching these games on TV have no clue what they mean.

5. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Or maybe by talking about these stats they can help educate the "vast majority" since most front offices are making personnel decisions based on these stats.

Amazing.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    yankees fans showing their asses again tonight.

threw a tantrum while losing, forcing a delay. acting like a sub-.500 start, 13 games into a 162 game season, is the end of the world. how embarrassing.

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    years' worth of nights.

9. Chromide

Chromide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
  10. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

2nd time I’ve said this today, sure Olbermann’s an ass, but this a great goddamn point; may work to the Dodgers advantage, but it just feels obscene. This rule needs to be eliminated.

11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Baseball is something else, man. :D

heels1785 likes this.
  12. AmazingB

Jan 12, 2001
    I've been noticing more pushback against the extra inning rule this year. Figure it's partially because last year everyone just wanted to get the season in so no one really cared. But there have been so many extra inning games already. And I think everyone also hates the idea of a team losing through no fault of the pitcher. You can get two outs and be walked off which is not baseball. And I just hate the idea of a there being different rules for different innings.

Amazing.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    chromide or bob, explain this ****

Chromide, Juliet316 and Rew like this.
  14. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    th extra inning rule is idiocy. how do they even score it? unearned , earned? WTH

starting in the 15th inning if the game is not decided we will then resort to the T-ball rule.

15. AmazingB

Jan 12, 2001
    It's unearned, but the pitcher will still be charged with the loss. But it's all dumb.

@heels1785 The Red Sox aren't the only team doing those Nike uniforms, but I haven't see pictures of the others yet.

Amazing.

DarthTunick likes this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I didn't see/hear that last night because I turned the game off after it got to 4-0 towards the middle of the game and it looked like the Yankees couldn't buy a hit off of Bob Gibson Michael Wacha.

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    IIRC I think it's to honor Patriot's Day (not the NFL Team) and those are the Boston Marathon colors since traditionally that's when the Marathon is held (due to the Pandemic is being postponed till the fall).

Chromide and heels1785 like this.
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    good call, mod favourite juliet. i did not know that.

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    A no hitter and a triple play in the span of a week.

DarthTunick likes this.
  20. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    And the rarest of all things, Mets run support for deGrom.

DarthTunick and DarthIntegral like this.
  21. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    why the freak are the Red Sox in yellow...thats horrible looking[face_sick]

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

It's been a fun weekend.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm still irrationally annoyed that Joey Votto didn't jog over to third base and get the unassisted triple play yesterday.

25. AmazingB

Jan 12, 2001
    During the Met game they were doing an "around the league" recap and said it was unassisted. Gary Cohen and Ron Darling then spent half the inning discussing how a first baseman could do that, before they were finally given the correct information. Everyone was sad.

Amazing.