main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlestar Galactica-Blood & Chrome-So Say We All

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 17, 2005.

1. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Since sci-fi has no BSG, SG-1, Atlantis, Dr. Who or pretty much any other 'Friday night' show besides Sanctuary, they have to put up something soon.... I'm still getting used to seeing 2 regulars from BSG on Dollhouse. Kind of messes with my head. ;)

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I think I saw Six on a Chuck prview :eek:

3. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    I think Six was also on burn notice

4. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    The pilot movie is being released on DVD in April. I'm not sure when SciFi is even airing it. But the series itself doesn't start until sometime in 2010.

5. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    ohhh, okay. Now that you put it that way, it seems far off.

6. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    what that is EVIL!

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    going to watch Caprica tonite...will let you know how it is.

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I need to process this...

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I watched Caprica the other day. Very interesting. It was very well done and I enjoyed seeing the Adama's past. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the show as a whole yet. Hopefully there will be more.

10. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    Watch Caprica last week,was very good.

11. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Sounds like it has done it's job as a tease.

I got this one in the mail from Netflix the other day. It shall be watched.

12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Finale Battlestar Galactica episodes due on DVD/Blu-ray in July

Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.5, which includes the epic series finale, arrives on Blu-ray and DVD on July 28 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment.

The set features more than 13 hours of extras, including three extended episodes of the series finale that never aired on television, never-before-seen deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes featurettes and commentary and podcast interviews with executive producers Ronald D. Moore and David Eick.

Also coming is a 20-disc Blu-ray Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series edition and a 25-disc standard DVD set, both of which contain every episode of the thought-provoking series, together with extensive bonus materials delving deep into the richly imagined world of the hit SCI FI Channel original show.

So does that mean that the 20-disc set is also out on the 28th? It seems Sci-Fi is unclear...wouldn't be the first time!

13. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    25 disks!! :eek:

I bet that's going to cost a pretty penny...

14. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh, I'm sure it will, especially since the BSG sets have always been a bit more pricy than others (half a season for the price of a whole season from other shows). I haven't bought the DVDs so far for that reason, but I'm debating picking up the whole set. I'll have to see just how expensive it is.

I liked Caprica, for the most part. It didn't have the action that BSG had, but then, it was suppose to be a different show. And in a way, this was just set-up for the series. I liked the fact that we got to see some of the Colonial history, notably, the first Cylons. And I liked that we learned things we didn't know before, such as the fact that their technology was so much higher than was in use after the war. (I knew/suspected it had been higher, but didn't anticipate the degree.) I also liked the tie-in with the "Soldiers of the One"... it gives us, finally, an idea of just how the Cylons ended up with religious beliefs, and a glimpse of where the attitudes came from. It's also an interesting plot mystery for going forward in the series.

15. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I might have to try and watch this.. I hope they're streaming it.

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

nope netflix or buying it is the only way for now.

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    totally agree with you T. I said well now we know why they believe in ONE God.

18. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I watched this last night on DVD. Very nice. (And I was more than a little surprised at how much T&A was shown in the club!!!:eek: )

It's nice to see how the colonies were. The Taurons were very Sicilian... cool. I hope in the coming series that we get to see more of the other planets. All we've seen so far is Caprica, and hints about what the other planets are like. It's almost shocking how much angst there is between the colonies, but it does explain things from BSG. Almost makes me want to re-watch the series just to pick up more of that.... not that I really need a reason to re-watch it again. [face_whistling]

So, all in all, I enjoyed it, but I thought the Zoe, bring back your daughter plot was a little.... forced. It would have just worked if they were trying to get teh Cylons online due to inter-Colony civil war or something like that. This was a little too cheesy-drama-ey for me, but worked.... sorta Ok.

And Esai Morales rocked! I liked him first in Jericho, and he did great in this. I hope his career goes far!

19. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    I thought this one pilot was very well done. Artistically beautiful, some great acting scenes, and some nice BSG origin reveals.

On the other hand, it was dark and more dark. With all that drama, somehow I still didn't end up caring about Zoe or her dad or her religious cause. What a shock after how I bled for the BSG characters.

I'll give it another few episodes out of love to BSG. But that's my motivation, not from the merit of the pilot itself.

20. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I assume that the possibility of war is the motivation for everyone else; it just turned out that this one guy developed a more personal motivation. But now that you mention it... it does beg the question of who they anticipate fighting? Is it another colony/colonies? But if that were the case, why even pretend to consider taking the contract off-world to Tauron? Maybe Tauron isn't the main opponent, despite the obvious racial conflict.

Speculating from a different angle - ok, so the Caprica government was developing the chrome Cylons for some possible conflict, but what about the Soldiers of the One? Though a little less front-and-center, it seems clear that they were developing the artificial intelligence for their own reasons, which likely would not bode well for the rest of the colonists. So what are their intentions?

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i have this song i have never heard before in my head...i was even whistling it. hmmmmm ;)

22. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    me too! And it sounds just like your song.

23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Battlestar's Olmos reveals why The Plan will leave you gasping

Edward James Olmos, who directed the upcoming DVD movie Battlestar Galactica: The Plan, told an audience of fans that the film will deliver exactly what they expect it to: The Plan shows the Cylons' perspective on their attempted genocide of humanity.

"I gotta tell you, not to give anything away, it is exactly what you think it is," Olmos said in a panel discussion Thursday night in Hollywood as part of the Los Angeles Times series The Envelope. "You see the complete opposite of the first 281 days of what we went through, ... seen through the eyes of the Cylons, and it is breathtaking. It's fantastic. It's not fun, but I will say that you will sit there [gasping]."

The DVD release of The Plan will feature more than 30 minutes of additional Cylon perspective than will air in the version that will air on SCI FI.

Both DVD and broadcast are apparently due in September.

24. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    I saw a preview for this on Sci-fi and was all like :eek: and then I was all like :D and stuff.

25. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Looks interesting.

I found out this week that one of the new interns at work is a BSG fan. She says it (presumably sci-fi) isn't her normal thing, but that BSG was such a good show. :)