main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Baylan Skoll

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Django Fett, Apr 7, 2023.

1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    It’s funny I brought up wanting Philip Jeffries to be an influence on Baylan Skoll going forward because I’m watching Loki season 2 and I’m 95% sure Loki teleporting in and out of the TVA headquarters is inspired by the Jeffries scene in Fire Walk With Me

BigAl6ft6 and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If they don't want to recast Baylan, it could be that he disappeared doing Mortis stuff and then Shin just picks up where he left off

3. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Best idea so far. Think about the design of the samurai roningasa hat. Also, look up tengai-gasa or Komusō-gasa.
    Between the bandits wearing helmets and armor, and the hermit crab nomads wearing shells, I have a feeling the planet gets flash bombardments of something mystical and dangerous. During his quest, Baylan might improvise a helmet from an old shell. Perhaps his first exposure to the element disfigures him a bit, and going forward, he's wearing a shell on his head the rest of the time. Also, have Phil Lamarr provide the voice work.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2023
    Megazord and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    My new top choice for recasting Baylan...... Vincent Regan.

Lomer2012 and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    One of the better ideas proposed. I'm not sure how big he is though.

6. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    I see two separate listings for his height.... 6' 1/2" (1.84m), and 6' (1.829m). 75-80 kg
    If Baylan is no longer in contact with characters we previously saw him with, then his height difference from Ray's should not be much of an issue.

7. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    At least he's 6 foot!

8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Hollywood has been making short actors appear taller for decades. I don't think height is going to be an issue, as long as the new guy is taller than Tom Cruise.

9. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    Plus, who knows.... maybe Baylan is venturing into the land of Brobdingnagians, and those giant statues are actually people who were turned into stone.

Sarge and Watcherwithin like this.
  10. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    If they recast, my vote is for Liev Schreiber.

Etav Byx and The Togruta Jedi like this.
  11. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Warwick Davis is taller than Tom Cruise, you don't want him do you? :p

Sarge likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Um, yes. Warwick could own that.

Sarge likes this.
  13. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I love the character of Baylan but I feel like the little amount of time they devoted to fleshing out his character and providing very basic details about his goal outside of vague comments about seeking the beginning make me feel like this is how his story will continue to play out, if it plays out at all.That is to say I think it'll be very similar to when Ahsoka and Anakin met in the World Between Worlds. I know most people here lost their sith over that episode but I was left with only a tenuous grasp of what the heck had just transpired.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
    Riv_Shiel, Sarge and Watcherwithin like this.
  14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I feel we'll get only his Clone Wars experiences in any future EU back story, having him still be a mystery character pays off more and also Shin's mysterious past too. I'd like to see his Clone Wars experiences, the few times he interacted with Anakin and Obi-Wan, may be he had a run in with Asajj and Grevious.

15. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    A new contender for the role of Baylan has entered the ring.....
    ....Mr. Paul Hollywood [/dj airhorn]

Disregard Paul's height (5' 7"), since Baylan is on his own quest, perhaps encountering beings of various forms and proportions, and he'll be wearing his roningasa shellmet most of the time, which is when a taller double will step in.

16. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Who else wants this on Tales of the Jedi?

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ^ Yes, but only if they can make it good.

18. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    At least the animation part of LFL has been more consistent narratively than film and TV. Which is very strange.

19. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I never thought about this before, but it's a great idea! I can't think of another Jedi character I'd rather see explored in the new season of Tales of the Jedi.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
  20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    They definitely need a scene of the new Baylan jumping up and down on a couch.

21. Etav Byx

Etav Byx Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jul 28, 1998
    If we do get a Tales of the Jedi Baylan story, I wouldn't mind seeing how/how well he knew Anakin. Yes, "everyone in the Order knew who he was," but even in saying that, I got the sense he knew Anakin a bit more closely than others.

22. Kassius Konstantine

Kassius Konstantine Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2015
    I don't think they expected us fans to be so much in love with Baylan (and Shin, to a lesser extent, but still). And while they may not have planned to explore their backstories, animation like Tales of the Jedi is indeed a good way of doing it.

Doing a Baylan mini-arc similar to that of Dooku, and I would be happy.

Sarge likes this.
  23. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Surely if Star Wars is your IP and you've been working on it for years with a track record of trying to understand your fans, you would know how popular force users are in Star Wars. I think they did expect fans to love Baylan and Shin, hence opening up their story for a much deeper continuation in other series / Ahsoka season 2, which if not for Ray Stevenson's passing, surely would have been certain to occur relatively quickly after Ahsoka. His death has obviously thrown a very sad spanner in the works of those plans.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2023
  24. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I liked Tales of the Jedi a lot. I'm not sure why some didn't. To me, they were like parables with Ahsoka gaining patience and Dooku losing his heart.

25. Darth Saddius

Darth Saddius Jedi Knight

Dec 24, 2015
    "Skywalker you slaaag!" Craig Fairbrass! You're 'avin a giraffe*! I'm not sure Star Wars is ready for a light sabre duel in the car park of a dodgy boozer** just off the A13*** in Essex****.

*c.r.s. for 'a laugh'.
    **A public house with a license to serve alcoholic beverages and which has a reputation for unsavoury behaviour, for example patrons behaving in a boorish way towards non locals, patrons attempting to sell you moody gear*****etc etc.
    ***A road in South Essex.
    ****A county in the United Kingdom, directly to the east of London. The county has been the setting for thousands and thousands of low budget, sub 'Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels' Brit gangster films. By an act of Parliament these must feature Craig Fairbrass. Essex, by the way, is essentially the British New Jersey.
    *****Stolen goods.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
    Sarge likes this.