main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Before the New Sith Trials: 138 ABY

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 4, 2019.

1. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Helinith
    Coruscant

"You have permission to kill me if I ever reach this stage of corruption."
    Helinith blinked in slight surprise but nodded. She didn't make a joke; the unhappiness in her master's voice was sobering. At least for the moment.

Insipid pointed his blade. "That is where we are going."
    "If you have a short, short bucket list, Helinith, now would be the time to come to peace with it."

Her eyes roamed in the back of head trying to remember if she had such a thing.
    "Well I picked up my stuff from Baast and if I'm lucky my spirit might haunt Korriban so I might get to explore Vader's tomb anyway plus I haven't had an ice cream in how many years? One hundred and-" here she started counting on her fingers- "carry the one... never mind. For all I know none of the good flavours survived anyway."

Suddenly, another red blade appeared. There was a scuffle, confusion for a moment, a snarl. Helinith felt herself being firmly pushed away and a strike of pain.
    "Ow, got me right in the-"
    She checked, it was superficial. Her cloak had eaten most of it and the blade had scrapped across the skin, leaving a burn across her side.
    There was a crack of lightening. Insipid, clutching his side, had flung the sith away and their attacker, a zabrack, fell backwards over the edge of the building.
    Frightened, she leapt over to her master. A glance and she could see the damage was bad, though she tried not to look too closely- it seemed weird to see guts of someone who you were not on undressing terms with.
    "You saved my life!"
    Not important, medkit.
    In the shuttle. She turned towards it, or rather the crater of it.
    You blew it up.
    "Kriff!" She began searching through her stuff just in case some had somehow managed to sneak in somewhere when she wasn't looking.

TAG: @Sinrebirth

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Hogrum Chalk
    Bastion

The Imperial security chief sniffed. "Did I not say? We have had reports that the One Sith took your entire Nubian family, and company, and employees, into custody. They were taken to Coruscant for processing during our retreat from Taivas." Hogrum tried not to sound like he took satisfaction from this moment. "I didn't have time to mention it to Admiral Stazi with everything going on."

Hiding in the shadows unseen, Darth Kroan resisted the urge to chuckle.

Aryan
    was quite exposed here. If Emperor Fel triumphed the Battle of Coruscant and ordered the destruction of the Galactic Alliance, then Hogrum would delight in doing so. The only reason Aryan was still alive was because of the honour of the Empire, and Emperor Krayt had taken great pains to supply Roan Fel with the means of the galaxies destruction.

Which meant, even as the war consumed Coruscant fully, Aryan's family was all there.

"You could always check in on them, of course," Hogrum said idly.

TAG: @HanSolo29
    ---
    IC: Darth Tigran

Battle, Coruscant

The Sith grabbed the edge with the Force and swung up, settling onto the ledge and eying Helinith.

Insipid lifted a hand but in his pain Tigran was quicker, and his Force push caught Insipid off-guard and he tumbled off the edge, but before he could repeat Tigran's feat of recovery he was hit by a lightning bolt from the Zabrak and fell into the Coruscanti depths.

That left the Sith Lord briefly exposed to the apprentice, but clearly he didn't rate her as much of a threat.

His mistake.

TAG: @darthhelinith
    ---
    IC: Emperor Roan Fel III

Aboard the Jagged Fel, the Imperial flagship, Battle of Coruscant

[​IMG]

Of course Darth Maladi could escape a simple Imperial ship.

She was a Sith Lord, part of Darth Krayt's most inner circle. It hadn't taken much to appear insane, and dishevelled. To manipulate Roan Fel to accept her genocide weapon. One trillion deaths in the Force.. it would be truly glorious, when the infection took them all. The greatest massacre in galactic history - and led by a descendant of the famous Skywalker heroes.

Emperor Fel would make Darth Vader and Darth Caedus into mere children, comparatively.

Even Darth Sidious would be challenged as the greatest butcher in Imperial history... let alone the ancient Sith Emperor, Vitiate.

It was succulent.

The dark side was deeper than it had ever been.

As the Fury headed into the galactic fray, the safest spot in all of the violence, of course, was surrounding the Imperial flagship. The Jagged Fel was protected by the Imperial forces, hurling long range fire at Sith Dragons and Coruscant itself, as the Galactic Alliance and Jedi craft were thrown into the most violent engagements.

Bernael would be forced into that pocket of relatively quiet space as his hyperdrive was slowly but surely repaired.

But as the darkness grew more and more deeper, it wasn't coming to a head at Coruscant, but aboard the Jagged Fel, a deeper penumbra than any shadow in-system, even the millions of Sith Troopers didn't hold a votive candle to the growing storm.

A small escape pod launched from the Pellaeon-class Star Destroyer, and it carried on it a darkness of it's own.

It seemed to latch onto his presence, as if it thought he was here for her.

[​IMG]

TAG: @darthbernael

TAG: @greyjedi125 (combo continues)

TAG: @Lady Belligerent (combo continues)
    —-
    IC: Cade Skywalker

Coruscant depths

There were seven of them.

Seven of them, to save the galaxy.

Three Jedi - Sazen, Shado Vao, Rasi Tuum.

Three Imperial Knights - Ganner Krieg, Sigel Dare, Azlyn Rae.

And him.

Cade Skywalker.

There were interconnected.

Sazen was his old Master; Shado had been the apprentice of Kol, Cade's father, before Sazen had taken over his training; Shado and Cade and Sazen had escaped the Ossus Massacre, eight years, just about, with the Jedi children who now formed the core of the Jedi Knights.

Rasi had been Azlyn's Master, before the Massacre... and Cade had been her boyfriend. He'd wronged her, told everyone Azlyn wanted to live, and now she was trapped in a suit which circulated bacta around her body all day. Ganner now loved her, but Azlyn was focused on proving herself an Imperial Knight, and not a Jedi Padawan.

To be honest, Sigel didn't fit, but here she was, and Cade appreciated that.

There was an unspoken question from her, as they entered the Sith Temple from beneath.

[​IMG]

Darth Talon, the Hand - the Twi'lek.

Darth Stryfe, the Fist - the big brute with the ornate lightsaber.

Other nameless One Sith that Cade didn't know and didn't care to know.

TAG: No One

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  3. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Fun little combo with @Sinrebirth

IC Bernael
    Onboard the repairing
    Fury

Bernael sat in the command chair of the Fury, talon tapping on the arm of it, as he waited for the astromechs to finish their repairs. He wanted nothing more than to depart and leave all these fools to their wars. He noticed, but didn’t care as he seemed to drink in the dark energy that was swirling around and across the system. The Balance was mostly quiet, recognizing his resolve and his grief.

He watched the battle through the viewscreen, almost absently, for the longest time. The Jagged Fel dominated a good portion of the screen as did the fighters attacking and defending it. And then an escape pod darted from it. His head tilted as he felt a familiar presence inside the pod. But, even as he observed it, it deviated in its trajectory, turning toward the Fury. He touched a stud, ”Prepare the hangar, allow it to land but ensure the hangar is secured until I arrive." he told the AI.

The AI did so, and the vessel was accepted, and the woman - a Devaronian Sith - stepped out, her pony-tail back in place and a lightsaber on her waist. In the short time, she'd put Darth Maladi back together, and abandoned the mad crazy scientist persona that Emperor Fel had taken advantage of - or rather, been played by.

When the hangar was locked down, she raised an eyebrow, but no alarm filtered into the Force.

The AI let Bernael know that he'd taken the precaution to jam her comms as well.

Bernael received the report from the AI, nodding. ”Ensure the hyperdrive is repaired and notify me as soon as it is. In the meantime keep us out of this fight, it is no longer our battle.”

He stood, made his way through the Fury, to the hangar. He pressed his hand to the entry mechanism, feeling it sense him, take a snippet of his gestalt, then finally open, shutting quickly behind him, locking again.

He felt Maladi’s presence as well saw her, a small smile touching the corner of his mouth. ”I take it the need to pretend to be insane has passed…” he commented as way of a greeting.

Her expression was intrigued. “Lord Bernael, is it? The ancient who joined our One Sith after we emerged from the shadows.”

“I’m surprised you didn’t die at the Battle of Taivas - you were down as a disposable asset.” The Director of Sith Intelligence smiled slightly. “I’ve heard how brutal the Sith Troopers are.”

He chuckled, ”I did not hide that I believed the ‘younger’ Sith to be lesser than those of the day I was last a major member of them. Tell me, do Intelligence and Knowledge converse often? You, of all, I was surprised did not understand why I did not protest when I was put in a suicidal position. After all, in your position, I would have thought you would know of the Shadow.”

Another small smile, ”Those troopers are powerful yes but still mortal.”

Maladi smiled. “The last Loremaster was a traitor - he attempted to kill our Emperor and died for it. But what wasn’t important to my master, it isn’t relevant.” She tilted her chin on her paired fingers. “Notwithstanding that you consider it so.”

“The legacy of the Skywalker family was my task, not the detritus of the failed Sith of the past.” Her tone was condescending, baiting Bernael. “But you appear to have lost something; from the wounds you rage about.”

Bernael chuckled, at first, ”Actually, I am glad that you believe so. Especially now, that no one knows is better than if I am known throughout.” His eyes flashed to complete black before the silver faded back into view at her trying to get under his skin. A smile crossed his face but did not reach his eyes, ”What I lost is between me and the galaxy.”

“But rejoice, it means that you and your Emperor no longer have me involved. The galaxy can solve its own problems and rise of fall, I care no more. The Force disagrees but I’m done putting out the fires you and the Jedi cause.”
    he replied, a resolute tone to his words.

Darth Maladi paused, curious. "You would pass up the opportunity to be apart of the Sith future? What guarantees can you give me that you will not intrigue against us?" Her lightsaber was in her hand now, and there was something... else.

Bernael’s eyes turned black once more, his head tilting to the side, ”Young Sith, I have walked this galaxy for eons. I had one mission and I fulfilled it, but you and yours have done what those thousands of years could not, gave me something to believe in and then took it. If I wanted I would level every force user in the galaxy and begin anew.”

He stepped forward, no weapons in his hands but power sang in his form. His voice took on a lower tone, ”Whatever you think you have planned here, on my ship, I’d recommend against it, I am not in the mood to place nice and am allowing you a moment to understand that what kept the galaxy moving is just going to leave and allow all you mayflies to drag it into oblivion.”

There was a clank, and the Fury shook.

"I would recommend that you allow me to depart, and rendezvous with the ship who was supposed to be picking me up, before I have her cut into your ship." She smiled slightly. "That Loremaster I mentioned? He had a daughter - one of the most powerful in our Order, the fourth of her name. Darth Wyyrlok IV - the Voice of the One Sith."

That was quite a position in the One Sith - Bernael would know the Voice was who led the One Sith when Krayt had slept in stasis for the last century. Wyyrlok III had in-fact killed Krayt for a time, only for him to return more powerful than ever - as any good Sith Emperor would.

"It is up to you, of course," she said with a smile.

Bernael’s dark smile matched hers, ”Wyyrlok, hmmm. Such poor manners you have, as it is. All I did was offer you a place, you did not have to come on board. But yes, you’re free to depart.” He gestured and the hangar exit opened just enough for her pod to depart.

Summoning with a Force pulse, Maladi spun on her heel, oozing amusement. "We shall meet again, I am sure." With a salute from her lightsaber hilt, she stepped into the ship which appeared at the edge of the hangar.

A blue-skinned Chagrian peered at Bernael, yellow eyes narrowed. She did indeed appear strong in the Force.

The ramp went up, and Maladi turned aside otherwise with a smirk. "He is unimportant, come, we must make the rendezvous."

Bernael watched them depart, a small smile upon his face. Taking a few moments to allow them to move off some, he strode to the bridge, ”Reengage stealth, use non hyper engines to move us away from those two, but keep us from the various conflicts.” he instructed the AI.

As he received acknowledgement and the Fury disappeared, expanded the distance between Maladi, Wyyrlok and his ship he chuckled and the darker essence of himself couldn’t help but send a thought to the Chagrian, quickly having the course alter as soon as he had, ’I doubt your grandfather would agree that I am unimportant, he was delicious. The fact he believed none of you were worth telling who caused his failure that day amuses me.’

And then he, as his ship had, disappeared from notice in the Force, disguising his presence as he waited for his chance to leave these fools behind.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @HanSolo29, @darthhelinith

Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Maladi
    Aboard the Fury, Battle of Coruscant

The Chagrian woman sniffed. "I shall not rise to your inane words, traitor."

At that, she swept Maladi into her ship, and the Sith began to depart. The female Devaronian eyed Wyyrlok IV as the ramp rose.

"Are we to head to Darth Krayt?"

The Voice shook her head. "No, to the rendezvous point."

Maladi looked confused. "The Master has foreseen something?"

"Who could say," Wyyrlok IV said.

That left Bernael aboard his vessel. There was much going on here, and now. The One Sith and Jedi and Imperial Knights and Alliance and the Empire's, all ripping into each other. He was apart from it all, now his loves were dead, before they could even really embrace their new feelings for each other.

It was a tragedy of tragedies.

The daen nosi wove a connection, telling the Anzati much about the eddies and whorls of the conflict. In the depths, they were swirling together as if threatening to strangle the planet, and with it, the galaxy itself. But one particularly crimson skein of fate led all the way to the Jagged Fel, promising violence on a scale that eclipsed even this apocalypse.

It was a snare which threatened a trillion people...

But it was a tie directly to that whirlpool of fate centered on the Sith Temple.

The hyperdrive was finally fixed, though, the astromechs confirmed as much.

The Force clashed loudly, angrily.

Flashes of the fight filled the minds of everyone present, even locked in their own personal confrontations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TAG: @greyjedi125, @Lady Belligerent, @HanSolo29, @darthhelinith (flashes)

5. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Bernael
    Aboard the Fury, midst of the battle

The Sith left and Bernael was once more the only living being on his ship. He slowly made his way toward the medbay as the daen nosi began to weave around him. He ignored the sensations as long as he could. When he arrived in the medbay he stood there, looking down at the empty shells that had been San and Trask, deep sadness and equally deep anger cojoined.

He let the sensations finally wash over him as he attempted to calm himself and the whorls and eddies of the sense of lives upon lives in the system filled him. He knew, fully understood that this was a turning point in the life of the galaxy but he simply did not care anymore. And then one whorl strengthened, filled out, revealed that if allowed to continue growing it would overwhelm the galaxy itself.

Closing his eyes, he slipped into his mindscape, ’I know what you are doing!’ he shouted into the blankness. ’This has cost me everything and still I am led to have to keep the galaxy from destroying itself….No, I have done enough, let it die.’

A shape formed from the nothingness of the mindscape, a cloak, open and seemingly empty. However, the sense of a presence, beyond him, beyond the Gods, filled the flapping fabric. ’I grieve for you child, truly. But,’ the sense of the implacable surrounded him, ’if I must choose between your grief and the lives of every living thing there is no choice.’

The form drifted closer, ’When you were chosen, before you were even born, eons before, I told you, the True you, that you would have to maintain the Balance even when your world was burning down around you. Over the eons you have served me, in one form or another and have faced countless tragedies.’

One empty sleeve rose and the sensation of a ghostly hand was felt on his shoulder, even as his grief snarled it's fury in the dark, ’I cannot deny that you deserve some peace, especially after this tragedy. Do this, stop this, and I will let you have that peace, even if the Balance suffers for it in the time you are gone.’

Bernael’s black eyes looked into the empty cowl, in a harsh voice, ’They cost me everything, I will not be kind, will unleash all that I am until that threat is stopped.’

The form drifted back a pace, the cowl nodding, ’You have much anger, much pain to release, Child. Do what you must, but allow the galaxy to live in your absence.’ With those final words, it vanished once more.

Bernael opened his eyes, gazed down upon the two bodies. His hands reached out, touching their foreheads, the cold clammy skin reminding him of his loss. Lifting them, his black eyes burned with a fury that wouldn’t be quenched in the near future. Turning, he strode from the medbay, headed for the bridge.

Pointing out of the viewscreen at the Jagged Fel ”Take us there, link with an airlock in a quiet section. I will enter that way. Stealth on at all times.” he told the pilot AI.

As the ship began to move, he sat back in the command chair, watching the behemoth drift closer. His talons flexed and a predatory smile crossed his face. Today they would truly learn why the agent of the Balance had earned the monikers of Shadow and Ghost. And he would leave a charnel house in his wake.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Aryan Graul
    Control Room, Bastion

Aryan clenched his jaw, panic rising within his chest as Chalk casually revealed that the One Sith had taken his family captive. He knew that if the allied forces failed to mount a successful campaign on Coruscant—if the enemy remained in power and processed his family into the system—all would be lost. His chances of securing their release would become practically nonexistent.

And he would blame himself for that. It was his fault that his wife and ten-year-old son were in danger. Despite his reluctance, he had rushed off to fight in the war, neglecting his responsibility to his family in the process. It was the same tired war that had nearly torn them apart several years ago. He had vowed then to never impose that kind of burden on them again, but now he had broken that promise.

And yet, something continued to nettle at the back of his mind, like an insatiable itch that he could not satisfy. It didn’t take him long to realize that Hogrum Chalk was the source. The man was an arrogant bastard—he could discern that much from his haughty attitude and sneering disposition—but there was something about the way he had delivered the news that rubbed Aryan the wrong way. His manner and tone were rather...nonchalant, perhaps even mocking.

It was as if this was a game, and Aryan was the pawn; he was trying to purposely unnerve him.

That rankled the young politician, and his gaze hardened. At the very least, it availed him the confidence he needed to confront the cyborg. Plus, it rekindled that small shred of hope that told him that his family was safe.

"You have contacts within the enemy’s camp? With the One Sith?" Aryan’s brow lifted curiously, his voice taunting. As he spoke, he discreetly reached into his jacket pocket and activated the transmitter on his private comm, hoping to reach Lyz and disprove Chalk’s claims. "How else would you be able to grant me permission to check on them?"

He stepped closer with a cruel smirk, almost challenging the man to reveal his secrets. "They better not be harmed," he growled in a deep baritone, his eyes narrowing dangerously.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    darthbernael and Sinrebirth like this.
  7. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Helinith

Helinith screamed as Insipid fell but there was little she could do about it- there was now a sith lord and 400ft in-between them. However, the sith lord's back was turned.

Having been accused of giving over to madness several times in the past, Helinith saw no reason to remain sane now. She leapt at his back, lightsaber in one hand, knife in the other, intending to stab him good.
    The Sith wheeled around, sensing her attack and the distance between them helping him do so. His lightsaber came up, slashed through the knife to block the lightsaber - half the knife vanishing in that instance, and he growled at her- Helinith threw the remainder of the knife aside as she jumped back and snarled. Hatred coursed through her veins. She leapt forward again with a quick succession of short strikes, trying to feel out her opponent.

Tigran backed away, struggling to counter a knife with a lightsaber, for she was a much swifter opponent than he. The Sith Lord had already lost half a dozen steps before he opted to unleash a storm of lightning at almost point blank range, realising he was at the platform edge -

Helinith tried to bring her lightsaber up to deflect it but the close space between the two and her relative inexperience worked against her. Half the lightning buzzed up and down the red blade, the other half shot up her arm and towards her chest. Without thinking, she tried to drop the lightsaber from her hand but the lightning disrupted her nerves and the muscles spasmed, unresponsive.

The lightning crashed into her chest, knocking her back, winding her. She clutched at her chest, breathing heavily. Gingerly, she wriggled the fingers on the hand holding the lightsaber. Her gloves had protected from the worst of it but there were thin threads of pain, here and there, where the fabric had melted to her skin.

However, she was satisfied that she had regained control over her arm holding the lightsaber. She charged forward again, but holding herself slightly lower than before. With the same furious speed as before, she drove him back towards the edge, intending to kick her opponent over and run him through at the end of a flurry of deadly strikes.

Tigran allowed himself to reset his footings and draw upon the Force to fortify him, expecting her to take a more measured approach now he'd burned her, but no, the Sith apprentice rushed forward again, as furious as ever. He inverted the lightsaber to point down so he blocked lower-swipes, but then the kick took him -

But rather than her running through at the end, he tipped off the edge -

The Sith Lord lashed out, burning a scar with his lightsaber tip along her upper arm -

And then he was gone!

Just like Insipid.

Helinith stumbled back, gasping for breath.
    I did it.

I did it!

"YESS!" she yelled, jumping up and down with excitement, arms pumping the air.
    "Thats what you get! What YOU GET!!"

Everything ached, her clothes were torn in several places and there was a lingering smell of burned flesh.
    She blinked, wiped the sweat from her forehead with the back of her hand.
    What was it she was supposed to be doing again?

She poked her head over the side of the drop.
    "Master?"

Tag: @Sinrebirth [

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Insipid
    Coruscant depths

Strictly speaking, Insipid hadn’t been shoved by Darth Tirran, no, he had simply allowed himself to tumble because he had other objectives on Coruscant than ruining Darth Krayt’s day, and, well, his apprentice needed to stand on her own feet at some point.

May as well be now, in the middle of a battle.

He shrugged.

Making his way in the Jedi Temple levels deep beneath the current Sith Temple via his own personal knowledge of the ways, he actually passed beneath the ferocious battle above. He tasted the power involved, and could tell it was not remotely advisable to join the battle between Cade Skywalker, Darth Talon, Wolf Sazen, Darth Stryfe, Ganner Krieg, Azlyn Rae and more besides. Jedi, Sith, Imperial Knights… bad odds, as he was technically aligned with neither side.

There was a wave of deaths, but Insipid paid it no heed and traipsed into the Sith Temple, keeping his presence in the Force tightly concealed.

If Krayt or Skywalker or indeed Roan Fel noticed him, then he wouldn’t be able to hide, but he could pass at the periphery of their sight, and the risk was worth it.

It didn’t take much for him to find the correct room, and though he was surprised how relatively empty it was, he wasn’t going to complain.

He’d found the Holocrons.

TAG: @Mitth-Fisto
    ---

Higher levels

Tirran vanished, and Helinith had her independence from it all.

Her first fight against a One Sith, and it had been a tough one.

Their original objective had been rendered moot as TIE Predators had blew apart the turbolaser battery they had been attacking anyway, the building burning in the distance. But even then, most of the planet was burning, as Star Destroyers tumbled from orbit and fiery debris that had once been starfighters crashed.

It was a mess, but the fact of the matter was that the small Annihilator starfighters were ripping apart the allies, and there were just so damn many of them, each piloted by a Sith Trooper that had bene augmented in the Force and to ensure absolute loyalty to Darth Krayt.

Though her immediate area was safe, that wasn’t a given –

A concentrated plasma burst missed its target and slammed into the concourse holding up the platform she had claimed, and the entire construct shook, and began to tilt –

TAG: @darthhelinith
    ---
    Approaching the Jagged Fel, the True Imperial flagship

The hyperdrive repairs were completed even as the Fury approached the Jagged Fel, but the almost random fire was being hurled around, hitting ships they weren’t even aimed at. As Bernael flew forward, his comms were alive with noise –

“Skull Leader, look out –

“Twin Suns Nine! Tobias -

“This is Rogue Two, turn to –“

It was a mess, and a few bolts spanged off his hull as he drifted forward –

Then he would hear Gunner’s voice in it all - Skull Leader. “I’m in trouble here –“

Whether it would stop his vengeance was another thing.

The darkness deepened around the Jagged Fel.

It was a shadow deeper than any Bernael had ever encountered.

It was death.

A squadron of TIE Predators held in-front of the hangar, making sure no Sith ships took advantage of the natural blind spot -

---
    IC: Hogrum Chalk

Amused, Bastion

"You have contacts within the enemy’s camp? With the One Sith?"

"How else would you be able to grant me permission to check on them?"

"They better not be harmed,"

“By check in, I meant comm them, my friend, and by permission, I am the security chief here, all comlinks are jammed at my personal direction... Of course I do not have contacts in the One Sith. I am the Emperor’s family, and devoted to his daughter.” Hogrum was distinctly offended. “I trust the Galactic Alliance has not given you authority to cast aspersions upon the Imperial Family?”

Whatever glib comment that Aryan would have made was interrupted by Lyz responding. “ARYAN! We’re on Coruscant – trapped in the Armand Isard facility – it’s basically on fire – it’s all on fire. The allies – they’re attacking the planet!”

She cut off, and Hogrum was amused.

“You can go, as I say. A shuttle has been left for you.”

For his part, in the shadows, completely out of sight and sense, Darth Kroan smirked to himself.

TAG: @HanSolo29
    ---
    IC: Cade Skywalker
    Sith Temple

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TAG: No One

TAG: @greyjedi125 (combo to finalize)

TAG: @Lady Belligerent (combo to finalize)

9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Soliloquy
    Coruscant depths

Working with a Sith like the likes of Emperor Palpatine without a guise of political ambition in his role as purely Darth Sidious or even Darth Krayt meant always being on your guard for the final double cross. Something they all had witnessed here. This appointed time.

Time, a funny thing when locked in a room trying to siphon the knowledge of a holocron to create a avertible trove of knowledge available that had been buried. So rightly he did not know what time it was nor how much he had, but after moving Palpatine to the secondary holocron with his inherent and coveted knowledge he had begun the process of revealing the hidden knowledge. So long as Sidious made no move against him he would stay true to his own statements of combat in ritualized holocron cannibalism.

War was afoot outside, but they paid it no minds. Their host of minds were solely focused on the singular task before them. Access to knowledge even they would attest to being ancient. Things were just making headway when the realization like a flitnat at their perceptions as they were keeping them somewhat open for Palpatine was now showing another glimmering to the room.

The door opened and someone was there. Soliloquy felt a notion of deja vu at the man, hadn't he seen him in passing? No matter, he could do nothing but try to work faster to finish his cannibalization. Avoid attention.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  10. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Quick combo with @Sinrebirth

IC Bernael
    Approaching the Jagged Fel, the True Imperial flagship

Little glancing blows hit the Fury as it approached the Jagged Fel. Bernael ignored them all but what he couldn’t ignore were the TIE Predators. They blocked the easiest entrance to the Star Destroyer. But he had other means of entry. However, a growled erupted from his throat as he heard Gunner’s radio call. He reached out, mind to mind, ’Sending a bit of aid but get out of that, land in the Fury’s hangar.’ He also sent a code in the thought that would let her track in to land in the hangar of the Fury

He looked over to the display, his rage bubbling under the surface. Her fighter wasn’t far and he tapped on the datapad on his command chair. A pair of delayed launch missiles floated out of the tubes, inert and undetectable until they launched. The Fury accelerated, shifting course, to be out of what could be considered the flight path that could be traced to the missiles. A few moments later they lit off and honed in on the craft that were harassing her. He’d promised her father and even in his rage he couldn’t ignore that.

He refocused on the SD, felt the pulse in the Force and knew he had to get there quickly or what he’d just done wouldn’t matter in the slightest. He felt Death and knew that if he didn’t stop whatever was about to occur everyone here was at risk. Another growl came from his lips, this time at the Balance, that even as he was doing all he could to leave these beings to their fate, events conspired to make him do something.

’They never will stop will they, any of them? They are going to keep doing things that would make me have to intervene, yes?’ he thought/asked the Balance.

’Yes, Child, they always will. This is why you have never had a moment’s peace.’ the thought came in response.

His eyes dripped darkness and his thought voice was a low growl, ’I will resolve this and then they can destroy it all their own. I finish this and I am done.’

Studying the ship a predatory smile came to his face, the TIEs could guard all they wanted, he was going to enter another way. He could sense the heart of the darkness deep in the center of the SD and he studied the schematics quickly. Finding the nearest airlock he took a roundabout route that let him steer through the dogfights that were all over the system, drawing closer and closer to the Jagged Fel with each passing moment. Part of the reason he did so was to give Gunner time to get aboard if she was going to do so.

The Jagged Fel’s hull was peppered; two dozen Sith clawcraft making an attack run that saw laser fire chew at the shields and then through, even hammering the Fury.

Gunner tried to speak back, in her head, but she couldn’t do it and concentrate on it dying; she opened a channel. “Bernael, if you're out there, could you step up? Or San? I’d take Trask at this point.”

She rocketed by the Fury, firing at the Sith clawcraft with three more Predators, two GA Crossfires and a Jedi TwinTail in a half-plus-one squadron with her, pursued by two Sith Annihilators -

A massive plasma burst fired out, incinerating a Predator and shooting through to hit two clawcraft -

Gunner hissed over the open channel. She could have been gone, just then -

A deep, rumbling, growl was the next thought to reach her mind. ’I must stop what is happening on the Jagged Fel came to her and then a wave of rage, not directed at her but still felt, ’They took Trask, took San from me. I couldn’t even save their souls in my mind before they died.’ the deep, abiding anger radiating in the thought.

He spun the Fury through the hail of fire as it approached the large vessel. ’I promised your father to keep you alive. Come aboard or I cannot guarantee that. Nor can I guarantee your survival if I do not stop events on the Jagged Fel.’

The Jagged Fel accelerated to escape the pincer of the enemy, and the Fury was briefly detached.

“Bernael, you can’t do both.” Her teeth were grit. “I’m sorry about Trask, I’m sorry about San, too.” She dodged a shot -

“But you can choose to embrace whatever cosmic destiny you think matters, or you can do what you promised my father you would.”

The Balance leaned on him.

“Are you Bernael, or are you going to become a full blown messiah complex?” Gunner said drily.

He growled again as the Jagged Fel accelerated. ”Match speeds and hold us to the SD, so that I can get aboard.” he told the pilot AI of his ship. And then he turned his focus on what Gunner had said.

’Gunner, whatever is aboard that ship will kill every living thing on Coruscant at a minimum, if not all living things in the system, if it is not stopped. I lost San and Trask, so you had better keep yourself alive. I would be quite disappointed if your skills are not up to doing so.’ he sent her, the thought tinged with sadness that he had to make such a choice.

’Live, you hardheaded, brilliant woman or I’ll bring you back to life myself.’ he sent as the Fury held against the side of the huge ship and the console chirped that it had hacked the security system and latched them fully to the ship, opened the airlock so he could board.

HanSolo29 and Sinrebirth like this.
  11. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    GM Approved

~Dagger Team~

Ship: X-70B Phantom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bio:

Eli Crockett is the current leader of Dagger team from the Blazing chain organization, a group of force-sensitive nomadic raiders that travel the galaxy and plunder ships for their own gain. The Blazing chain's brutal and bloodthirsty methods inspire fear throughout the hearts of merchants galaxy-wide. So merchant immediately surrender whenever this logo;

[​IMG]
    However, nowadays, this isn't a band of nomadic raiders consisting of force sensitives as much as it is a band of privateers consisting of force sensitives. The Blazing chain will rob any merchant or goods for anyone willing to pay substantial credits. Be its rival companies, underworld mob bosses, corrupt politicians, rebellions, or empires; they will work for literally anyone one so don't be surprised if you hire them and one day they come back to rob you!

Psych evaluation

Dagger lead - "Captain" Eli Crockett (secondary)

[​IMG]
    Name: "Captain" Eli Crockett
    Species: Human
    Personal effects:

Telecomm

Metal arm

Vibro knife
    [​IMG]
    Westar 34 pistol
    [​IMG]

Force skills:
    • Mecha-Duru (Think a lesser version of magneto meets Kazdan Paratus)
    • Force Rage
    • Force meld
    • Force Sense
    A born leader and a pillar of strength, Eli turned Dagger team into more than a collection of raiders. With his study of mechu-duru at the cost of his right arm, Eli is overall the most dangerous force wielder on the team. Eli's compassion and pragmatism have kept the team afloat; now, let us hope it'll continue doing so.

Dagger 2 - Melanie Dela

[​IMG]
    Species: Togruta
    Personal effects:

Telecomm
    DL-44 pistol
    Engineers box full of tools

Dagger 2, aka Melanie Dela, is brilliant. Whether it's hacking, splicing, or piloting, there are no technical hurdles she can't overcome. Her curiosity, ingenuity, and eccentricity borders on insubordination and insanity; however, no matter the circumstance, Melanie will always be an important asset to the team.

Force Skills:
    • Push/Pull
    • Tutaminis
    Dagger 3 - Yumi Belpoi
    [​IMG]
    Species: Rodian
    Personal effects:

Sniper rifle
    DL-44 Pistol
    Telecomm

Force Skills:
    • Push/Pull
    • Force Sense
    • Battlemeld

As an arrogant motor mouth, Yumi's gunslinging skills are unmatched within the blazing chain organization. There is no gun that she cannot tame however is her bravado all for show, or can it really hold up under intense scrutiny?

~From here we are talking about members that weren't born into the organization.~

Dagger 4 - Kratos
    [​IMG]

Species: Zabrak
    Personal effects:

Two red lightsabers
    Telecomm

• Force Choke
    • Probe Mind
    • Fear
    • Force Rage
    • Jarkai
    • Shien/Djem So
    • Ataru
    • Juyo

In another world and another timeline Kratos might've been a full-on Sith. However the One Sith disgust him so much that he instead wondered the galaxy seeking a true purpose. And in the unknown regions of the galaxy he found it with the Blazing Chains. Kratos specializes in combat, interrogation, and torture.

Dagger 5 - Karter Tor
    [​IMG]

Species: Cathar
    Personal effects:

Blue lightsaber
    Telecomm
    • Shien/Djem So
    • Shii-cho
    • Soresu
    • Force Push/Pull
    • Force Sense
    • Force healing
    • Telepathy

Karter, a former Jedi knight, now turned Blazing chain pirate. This may seem like a radical change for a former Jedi, however is it really? The galaxy is at war, crumbling at the seems and the Jedi have once again been persecuted into hiding. After these transgressions, Karter abandoned the order, but that doesn't mean his Jedi sentiments has passed. As a result Karter often clashes with Kratos on methods.

Karter specializes in combat, healing, and negotiation.

Dagger 6 - Hinata Kodai (Primary)
    [​IMG]
    Species: Human

Hinata is a quiet girl that rarely expresses any emotions, this isn't because she is shy, in fact Hinata can be quite frank when she needs to be. No the reason why she is quiet is because of how secretive she is. Hinata used to be a Grey Paladin. A group that believed that the force while necessary shouldn't hinder one's quest to develop skills and as a result the Grey Paladin's became quite militaristic. As a lone wolf by nature Hinata often broke off from whatever group she was apart of and went solo to achieve any objectives she saw fit, a move at first frowned upon but eventually became lauded as time went on due to her excellent judgement and instincts.

Eventually Hinata wanted to explore the galaxy on her own and her superiors gave her the green-light. During her travels Hinata realized that she could make a killing from her skill-set, so she worked many jobs, from gunwoman, to bounty hunter, to assassin, the possibilities were limitless. Eventually Hinata discovered the blazing chains and joined them, and she was assigned to Dagger team to replace a member that previously died.

Hinata finds herself on a team where she is a good fit for almost any situation; as she may not be as good of a combatant as Karter or Kratos, and she may not be as good a shot as Yumi nor a technological genuis like Melanie, however Hinata's jack-of-all trades skill-set made her an excellent member of the team.

• Conceal Essence
    • Force speed
    • Force Jump
    • Force Sense
    • Jar kai
    • Niman

Personal effects:

Two purple lightsabers

Telecomm

Westar 35 pistol

~Dagger Team's objective.~
    The Blazing Chains received a generous payment from a mob boss and senate representative within the Nemoidia sector of the known galaxy; a man named Tobbi Airskipper who took over the criminal empire from his father in a "hostile takeover" of sorts many decades ago.

[​IMG]
    (Tobbi Airskipper- Patriarch of the Airskipper family)
    Dagger Squad must now take orders from Tobbi for the foreseeable future as the Blazing Chains thinks a deep working relationship with the Airskipper criminal empire would be quite advantageous. However Tobbi is not all that he appears to be.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Control Room, Bastion

Chalk’s taunting further aggravated Aryan’s mood, though not in the way he had expected. While he still despised the man, he found that it was his boasting about the Imperial Family that truly angered him. The thought of the security chief sidling up to Princess Fel and sharing in her personal secrets rattled him more than he cared to admit. It stemmed from a deep stirring in the pit of his stomach, an innate feeling that compelled him to protect her

That was simply absurd in his mind, and yet he flexed his right hand into a fist all the same. He might’ve hauled off and cracked the man across the jaw—if not for the distress call from his wife.

Everything changed after that.

The desperation and fear in Lyz’s voice cut through his heart like a sharpened vibroblade. He audibly gasped and glared at Chalk with a loathing that he couldn’t quite comprehend. The man had been right about his family’s precarious situation, but despite his innocent stance, Aryan couldn’t help but feel as if the cyborg was still complicit in their abduction.

Why else would he gloat and take joy in his anguish?

Why else would he insist that he leave and pursue them?

It was almost certainly a trap…

Nevertheless, what other choice did he have? He couldn’t stay here and allow them to suffer. It was his responsibility to uphold his vow and ensure their safety. He had to go to them, even if it meant sacrificing himself at the hands of the One Sith.

Inclining his chin, Aryan held Chalk’s gaze for as long as possible, his contempt for the man reflecting in his blue-gray eyes. He clearly blamed him for this crisis, and those sentiments would undoubtedly carry forward to any future encounters between them.

Without another word, the young politician turned on his heel and jogged down the corridor toward the awaiting shuttle.

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Krayt
    Coruscant, Jedi Temple depths

[​IMG]

Darth Insipid, for his part, paid the drama as little heed as possible as he searched the Holocron room.

There were less than he remembered, impossibly so. In the central most pedestal he recognised the Holocron of Darth Krayt, and he snorted. There was little interest he had in such a thing. He briefly regarded Coruscant - aflame, enflamed - and looked forward to the cleansing thereafter.

And yet, he wanted it to be worse.

Damage, displaced people, that was one thing...

... but a criminal horde? That would really wash apart the citizenry.

He thought this as he eyed the Armand Isard institute in the distance, and then he nodded.

Time to pillage, and then go.

He regarded what was left. Nihilus he cared not for, but the beautiful crystal Holocron - the so-called 'Telos Holocron' - he was taking that.

But gnawing upon it was another Holocron, and Insipid wondered what the sin was going on. He narrowed his eyes, but the Temple shook, and he just took the two with him. He'd work it out later.

And so he pocketed the Holocron of Palpatine and that of Soliloquy without thinking anything of it, and with a last minute thought, drew that of Tulak Hord to himself as well.

He might as well; he sensed that he would one day meet a Sith who rather wanted that, oddly.

Before he submerged anew with the depths, he commed Darth Helinith.

"We'll meet at the Armand Isard institute. We'll release some criminal scum, maybe pick up whatever Force users they've kept there, if any."

It was a short message, but necessary.

He vanished into the Force not a moment before a quartet of Sith burst into the room, lightsabers drawn.

He slipped past them, feeding on their doubts as a shield, and vanished.

He wasn't the only one about to meet at the Armand Isard institute; the ship of Aryan Graul arrived in orbit, rushing from Bastion, and was confronted by the sheer immensity of the cataclysm around the planet.

As far as the eye could see, there were Pellaeon-class Star Destroyers and Ardent-class frigates in One Sith, Sith-Imperial and True Imperial colours savaging each other, Galactic Alliance Scythe-class cruisers and Sabertooth frigates firing at One Sith Dragon capital ships while led by a oversized Star Destroyer sporting the GA crest, all the while surrounded by a swirling tide of TIE Predators, Sith Clawcraft, Jedi TwinTails, GA Crossfires and then the entire furball was overwhelmed by Annihilators, the ships of choice of the cyborg Sith Troopers.

Compared to the Battle of Taivas that Aryan had escaped with the allies, this was an actual apocalypse.

But his sensors told him - just about - that the Armand Isard institute still stood, securing the prisoners of the One Sith - including his family.

[​IMG]

It also included all manner of criminal element that was using their smuggled comlinks to raise the Queen of Coruscant - the Chiss woman that would one day be known as Bellorum. They were demanding she come and break them out before a Star Destroyer crashed on the Armand Isard prison.

Indeed, one would expect that the conflict between Manticore and the Sith Betrayers would need to come to an end before that fate befell him.

The self-same Battle of Coruscant was drawing in hundreds of opportunists.

Sith reinforcements were jumping in as regularly as they could, and the people across the galaxy were intervening too, summoning strength equivalent to any Galactic Rebellion the longer the conflagration spread. There were rumours that Hapan and Chiss warships were on the way, but to ally which side was unknown - the allies - the True Imperials, the Jedi, the Sith-Imperials and the Galactic Alliance - or the forces of Darth Krayt, which included quite literally millions of Annihilator starfighters, armed to the teeth with plasma weapons that could take out capital ships.

It was a true disaster - and a true opportunity.

Which is undoubtedly what brought the crew of Dagger Squad to the embattled capital of the galaxy.

How much all these galactic consequences meant to Bernael, the rogue Sith, wasn't clear - his target was the Jagged Fel in the middle of this chaotic melee. He latched upon the great flagship, but he was confronted by a shadow that was barely visible.

"Back off."

His name was Darkness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Behind Darkness, a great battle raged in the Force.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto, @greyjedi125 (continue combo), @Lady Belligerent, @HanSolo29, @Narancia, @darthhelinith, @darthbernael

14. Narancia

Oct 24, 2020
    The Blazing Chains received a generous payment from the mob boss and senate representative within the Nemoidia sector of the known galaxy; a man named Tobbi Airskipper took over the criminal empire from his father in a "hostile takeover" of sorts many decades ago.

Dagger Squad must now take orders from Tobbi for the foreseeable future as the Blazing Chains thinks a deep working relationship with the Airskipper criminal empire would be quite advantageous. However, Tobbi is not all that he appears to be.

Regardless, Dagger squad has their orders and has been sent into the epicenter of the Second Imperial Civil War, where Darth Krayt and the One Sith find themselves fighting the combined efforts of the Galactic Alliance Defense Force, the Fel Imperium, and finally the New Jedi Order.

IC: Dagger Squad
    Orange - Eli - Dagger lead
    Grey - Melanie - Dagger 2
    Green - Yumi - Dagger 3

Red - Kratos - Dagger 4
    Blue - Karter - Dagger 5
    Purple - Hinata - Dagger 6

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Leaping out of hyperspace and weaving its way through the devastating battlefield of Coruscant was the X-70B Phantom ship, a signature ship of the Blazing chain's most promising and gifted team, Dagger squad.

[​IMG]
    Inside the ship, the Rodian gunwoman Yumi stared through the ship's windows on looking at the battle in its entirety. Hinata sat across from Kratos, playing a game of Dejarik. One might expect Hinata to dominate Kratos in this game; however, he was surprisingly skilled in the battle of tactics, only being a little too eager at times. Then there was Karter, who sat in the middle of the common area meditating.

"How's the Battle looking, Yumi?"

"Battle? I was looking at my reflection."

Hinata shakes her head in disbelief and scoffs, "Unbelievable."

"You know Rodians were a delicacy on my home planet. For your narcissism, I could always...."

"Touch me, and I'll blast you in your crown jewels."

Kratos cringed at the threat while Hinata and Karter chuckled.

"I'd pay to see that actually; maybe it'll tame this wild dog."

"Says the eunuch."

Karter, this time briefly frowned while Hinata and Yumi chuckled.

"Hmmm, maybe a rematch is in order. I'll humble you again in the training arena."

"Oh, please, the score is literally 51-50; you got lucky."

"Then I'll make it 52-50 then 53-50, et Cetra, et Cetra."

Kratos got in Karter's face, both men seething.

[​IMG]

Kratos hovered his hand over his lightsaber.

"I only got one question for a half-baking Jedi like you. Feeling lucky?"

Karter hovered his hand over his own lightsaber.

"Yeah, I am."

Yumi and Hinata looked on at the confrontation, eager to see what happens next. However, the tense moment was interrupted by the heavy clanking of Eli Crockett's boot.

"Lock it down, both of you! I just received a full briefing on our mission."

Everyone in the room gave their full attention to Eli.

"This is a smash and grab mission; we get in, we get out, we are not to involve ourselves in the main conflict, I repeat, we are not to involve ourselves in the main conflict. Am I understood?"

Everyone shouted in unison, "YES, CAPTAIN!"

"Good. Now our objective is to steal this item."

Eli held up a holo-image.

[​IMG]

"It's called the G.E.C.K or the Garden of Eden Creation Kit. Its properties and importance haven't been disclosed to me, but it doesn't matter; what matters is that we steal it from this building."

Eli clicked a button on the portable projector.

[​IMG]

"This is the UET Tower, a scientific research building known for its wide-sweeping medical advancement to the public. However, what is not known is that this is a front for another criminal empire; GENTEK."

Eli once again clicked a button on the portable projector showing the logo of the criminal empire.

[​IMG]

"They kidnap 'unproductive citizens' and buy slaves to test the scientific advancements before selling to the public under their fake name UET, which is why they have a perfect clinical trial record. I don't know about you, Dagger team, but they'll get no sympathy from me, and you know what that means."

Eli gave a cruel smile to the crew.

[​IMG]

"Raise some hell, dagger."

"YES!!!!" Kratos cheered.

"About time we get to cut loose. I'm so tired of having to worry about collateral damage and reputation all the time." Hinata said as she leaned back in her chair.

Karter stayed silent for obvious reasons, and Yumi did the same, probably because, as the team's sniper gunwoman, it didn't really matter to her.

"Alright, 5 and 6, you'll be the first on the ground, and you'll be taking 2 with you. We need you guys to disable the building's anti-air turrets before we can blow a hole in the building and land from there. So, as a result, you'll have to take the shuttle and land a few blocks from the building."

"Eli, what kind of resistance are we expecting on the ground."

"Everyone. Sith troopers, GADF soldiers, Imperials, and Jedi. If they get your way, kill them too. Now get to the shuttle Dagger."

After receiving their orders both Karter, and Hinata left the common area and made their way to the shuttle bay, where they found Melanie right next to the shuttle.

"Salutations!!!!! Let's get going, people."

Hinata and Karter exchanged worried glances as they got inside the shuttle.

[​IMG]

"Alright, thrusters check, fuel check, landing systems check. Alright, we're ready to go!" With that, the shuttle takes off from the X-70B Phantom and into the atmosphere of Coruscant.

[​IMG]

(Visual of what it's like in the shuttle.)​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "Such a devastating loss of life," Karter muttered as he looked out the window of the shuttle, seeing Coruscant in flames.
    Hinata became concerned for Karter; his Jedi sentiments were getting the best of him. So she put a hand on his shoulder, attempting to comfort him. Karter looked over and gave a small, sad smile.

"I know that I can't save them, Hinata, and I know it's pointless to try; I'm focused on the mission, don't worry. The Blazing chains will always be my home."

Hinata smiled back and sighed, glad that she could raise the spirit of her teammate even if it were minimally effective.

"We're here!! Woah, look at all the explosions!"

Karter smiled some more at Melanie's child-like enthusiasm.

"Let's get to work, Dagger!! Since Eli's not here, I'm in charge."

Dagger squad stepped out of the shuttle that was now planted on a roof of an apartment. From there, they could see their target, a building that remained structurally sound despite the disaster that surrounded it.

[​IMG]

"Cut through the Alleyway; that'll be our shortest path to GENTEK," Melanie commanded as she jumped over the building's railings. Hinata and Karter gave a small nod to one another before they soon followed.

As the trio landed safely on the ground, they encountered a scene right out of a post-apocalyptic horror movie.

[​IMG]

Debris was everywhere, civilians screamed in the distance, and Annihilator class fighters roared through the skies and bombarded the city. While on the ground, Darth Krayt's Sith troopers roamed about, shooting everything and everyone within their sight. Eventually, a platoon (36 troopers) spotted the trio and marched into the alleyway, and began firing upon them with reckless abandon.

[​IMG]

"It's those roided out troopers, defensive maneuvers!!!" Yelled Melanie as she dove behind cover. Meanwhile, Hinata and Karter entered employed their own defensive tactics. Karter made use of his Soresu and Djem-so training to employ a perfect defense with minimal movement, even redirecting the bolts back to their attackers, taking down some in the process.

[​IMG]
    On the other hand, Hinata relied on her quick reflexes to bat away and weave from incoming Sith trooper fire.

[​IMG]
    "I-I can't keep this up for too much longer," Hinata managed to sputter as she continuously dodged and weaved through the blaster fire, and every single bolt was coming ever so closer to hitting her. "Got any ideas, Melanie? If not, we may be overrun." Karter said as he maintained his Soresu/Djem-so defense.

Melanie was unsure what to think; they might quite literally be screwed; the odds weren't looking good; it was 36 vs. 3 in a small alleyway. Melanie then spotted an open grate on the side of the wall and saw how there was another grate near the platoon of Sith troopers. "Just hold on to your butts a bit longer! I got a plan." Melanie opened her engineering toolbox and pulled out a controllable RC car with a makeshift bomb and camera strapped onto it.

[​IMG]

It was the S.S Bubbles, a personal invention of Melanie's during her downtime. "They all called me crazy, but I knew you would come in hand someday, Bubbles." Melanie pulled out the mini controller and turned on both the Bomb and the camera so she could see its location while navigating it. "Go, my child, and make momma proud."

Melanie controlled the RC car bomb through the tunnels of the grate of the building; there were so many different paths so could take; however, Melanie both trusted her gut and the force by continuing straight.

"Melanie! What's the plan!!?" Hinata said as she was now absolutely out of breath, dodging behind Karter, who was now moving his blade at a super-rapid yet tight pace,

"Allllllmosssssst there." Melanie said as her car exited the tunnel and found the final grate with the Sith troopers marching forward at them. "Bingo!" Yelled Melanie as she pressed the button, causing a glorious explosion full of debris and torn-apart Sith troopers. "Woo-hoo!!!" Yelled Melanie, "How the turns have tabled!! You pieces of Shrakh!"

[​IMG]

"Don't you mean the tables have turned?" Hinata said in-between breaths, "Hehehe, nope!" Melanie retorted as she hopped over her cover and continued down the alleyway. "Do you need a rest?" Karter asked. Hinata, still panting, responded with a fervent head nod. "Alright, get on my back; I'll carry and try to restore your stamina." Hinata smiled as she climbed on Karter's back, then the duo continued to the building, slowly catching up to Melanie.

The trio had finally made it to their destination and opened the building doors. Melanie was immediately perplexed; this isn't a building for scientific research, she thought, had the info been wrong?

Hinata saw spotted something in the distance and hopped off Karter, feeling rejuvenated thanks to his healing powers. After a nod of gratitude to Karter, she immediately scaled two sets of stairs; once there Hinata found a datapad that she noticed from the first floor, lying right next to a dead correctional officer of sorts; what was he doing here?

Hinata then observed the third floor and saw not medical cells or labs but prison cells instead! Hinata opened the datapad, confused at the many revelations that she was making, and was disturbed by what she found.

Hinata immediately leaped back down to the third floor and presented the data-pad to Karter and Melanie. "Guys, this isn't GENTEK; this the Armand Isard institute."

"Wait, so is this a college?" Questioned Karter.

"No, this is a prison. There is no GENTEK."

Melanie immediately channeled her tele-comm to Eli. "ELI! The info is faulty! We've been jipped, hoodwinked, had, bamboozled!!!"

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  15. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Soliloquy The Hungry Little Holocron
    That Can!

Darth Insipid, for his part, paid the drama as little heed as possible as he searched the Holocron room. A figure that Soliloquy from the prior conversations with the others and from a few outings recognized from his file. A One Sith that had lost his way and was supposed to be culled for the good of the Sith.

He regarded what was left. Nihilus he passed over, but the beautiful crystal Holocron - the so-called 'Telos Holocron' - that he took. Then he came to them and paused, eyeing the tri-bud of holocrons. Where there was the Palpatine, the ex-Palpatine, and himself the Soliloquy. All interconnected off of the middle one. Only the temporary home of Palpatine was merely a holocron.

Insipid narrowed his eyes, but the Temple shook, and he just took the two with him. Two! He took two! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Soliloquy had trouble containing his mirth at this. Palpatine was separated and in the holocron left behind, waiting to be re-uploaded after Soliloquy was done!

Pocketed with the inclusion of that of Tulak Hord as well they were going for a ride as Soliloquy continued to consume the older holocron with abandon.

He might as well; he sensed that time was a short thing as well as a long.

Listening he heard the delinquent comm someone.

"We'll meet at the Armand Isard institute. We'll release some criminal scum, maybe pick up whatever Force users they've kept there, if any."

It was a short message, but necessary. It also told Soliloquy to maneuver a cap stone to start rubbing a dotted line along the inside of the bag/satchel/pocket he was in. Prepare the seam to rip and let him and his meal to fall free. They just had to time it right. Somewhere between places so less likely to have to survive a bombing or a burial.

A quartet of Sith burst into the room, lightsabers drawn. The thief slipped past them, feeding on their doubts as a shield, and vanished.

It was nearly time, nearly time to finish his meal and risk falling free.

16. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: A fun, emotional combo with @Sinrebirth

IC Bernael
    Onboard the Jagged Fel

Bernael made his way deeper into the ship, guided by his senses. He remained hidden from the crew as he employed his camouflage and silently moved. The overwhelming sense of Death grew and grew as he approached his destination. Exiting the last shaft and corridor, he saw the last hatch ahead of him. Just before he reached it a being appeared, calling out to him.

He let the camouflage fade as he recognized who, or rather what, faced him. Shaking his head his black on black eyes met those of Darkness. ”You think I wanted to be brought into this place, into this fight right now? You, above all, know how I feel right now. This is, after all the nine million, four hundred, and thirty, hmmm, third time we have encountered each other in the last thirty-seven millennia, in one form or another. I’d rather be leaving and leaving them to their fate, but if I let every being in the system die I would be no better than you.”

His eyes shifted, Darkness, my old frenemy, this is not the time for the End of Time, you and I both know that.” Bernael shook his head, muttering, ”Stay out of it.”

We have met many times; we have betrayed you many times. But it is written, and we find ourselves forced to intervene time and time again because we do not want another Change.

Darkness seethed.

Changing things, you are. Leave this host, drain his memories away of what he should not know. His feet are not one of the Living Force, and one of the Unifying Force. He is entirely in the Living. He is too attached.

There was a vibrant rattling of the bulkheads as Darkness's energies roiled.

We are tired of asking. We will court a Change and strike down this Anzati, mince him to dust so violently that a new world line will be created without him.

It loomed.

We will do it.

Bernael stood, appearing almost bored, as Darkness ranted. He knew this could be his last but that if he went he had his own surprise that could alter things even more. ”Are you done?” he asked dryly. ”You and I have fought, time and again. If you’re willing to face the end now then so be it.” The fatalism was evident in his voice. He didn’t care anymore about the galaxy and if he took out Darkness then that would be one last duty he could do, whether it killed him or not.

His form filled with energy, his eyes swirling with grey. In a way he swelled as well, but at the same time was the same size he’d been. ”This isn’t the End of Time, I told you. And if you try to end this vessel it will cause a change, yes, one you truly will not like.” the calm, stern voice said. Bernael himself growled and prepared to fight the creature before him. ”Come, let’s dance.” he reiterated.

The Darkness glowered.

It wanted to.

It truly did.

What do you think will happen if you intervene in the fight of Skywalkers? You know they all have the potential to be Ones.. they were so Chosen, and have not been watered down by the millennia like the Sunriders and the Shans, nor killed like Adas, Bane or Ruin.

It lamented having to do this.

Accept the galaxy is not yours, Balance, before we force it. Things must happen as written; this host acts out of grief, not out of your great design.

Bernael’s body sighed, then stiffened again under his control, his eyes still swirling. ”This host is not like the others, he is impertinent, willful, often following his own course. And such great emotion flows through him now. I know you too have had trouble with hosts when they get in such a state. He all but ignores me right now. Even now he thinks that if he could kill you and perish himself that would be worth the effort, but that would make a Change none of us could come back from.”

A growl once again escaped Bernael’s lips, ”I am here too, you two.”

Well listen then, youngling.

Darkness moved closer.

When this reality ends, there will be no need for Changes or plans or schemes. It will be OVER.

Isn't that soothing a thought?

Bernael shook his head, ”There is the key phrase, ‘this reality’. You think I have not spent the last couple millennia in the service of Balance to not know this battle is taking place over every reality? There is more satisfaction in denying your plan here, even if it does nothing to satisfy my need to punish them all, than letting you end reality. Besides, punishment and letting them fight it out without destroying everyone is much more satisfying a revenge than a complete end to everything, that is letting them off too easily.”

Darkness hesitated.

No, there are no other realities. Just this one. What do you speak of?

A dry chuckle, dark and sinister came from Bernael’s lips. ”I have fought you these long and many years and yet you believe that. If that is truly what you believe then you are much less than I believed you were.”

He shook his head, a wild trace of humor as he chuckled now, ”It came up often how much of him, the Balance, you were but now I know that you truly are just a piece of him.”

He relaxed slightly in his combat stance, ”Do you truly not know that this is only one of many realities? That you are a tiny fragment of the greater Darkness? That, while this particular battle may not be occurring in every reality, others between us and between others that serve the balance and other sparks of Darkness are always ongoing. You may win this battle, may bring the End here, which I doubt, but you will not end it all. Not even close.”

Suddenly, Bernael was no longer before Darkness, no longer aboard the Jagged Fel.

He was standing in a white room with his perception of Balance.

The only defining feature was the crack running through the floor.

They would both know that this room symbolized the flow of the Force.

And that Bernael was damaging it.

”Your point is?” came growling from Bernael’s mouth.

He could sense the Balance all around him, permeating him. But his pain, his loss also ran through him. ”You know I chose to finish this under duress. That all I desired was to be allowed to have my time with my grief. But no matter what I choose, something makes it impossible to do so. So I fight through it all.”

His voice rose, ”The galaxy took what I desire, what I loved away, and deserves it’s punishment, and Darkness stands in the way.”

The Balance would regard him.

Did he need a new host?

Had Bernael finally broke under the pressure?

He’d lasted a lot longer than Zas’tel.

But Balance could ill-afford another Zas’tel, and Bernael was considerably more adept. Did he need to...

... rewind...

...or sever their connection?

... or both?

The chasm in the Force was beginning to yaw.

Choose.

It was a soft woman’s voice.

Bernael sighed, the sense of the depths of his anger, of his despair and pain faded, withdrawn into his mind, locked away. His voice still grated as he spoke though. ”There is no choice. I have served you, served to keep the galaxy going for eons, I cannot betray that, even for myself.”

His head shook for a moment and he gathered himself, ”I cannot allow Darkness to win, to end it now though.” he said flatly.

Placing one foot on the chasm, he willed the split to heal itself, to draw back together. ”So now I must fiddle with the mind of the Dark itself so that it forgets all that I told it. Enjoyable…” the sarcasm heavy in his tone.

But Darkness was a hive mind.

What one knew, others knew.

What they knew could not be forgotten.

Bernael would have to lie, have to bluff, have to trick Darkness into believing he had lied about other realities.

Or all would be lost.

Bernael sighed, always was Balance reminding him of things that either meant sticking his neck into situations that could end in his apparent death or ones that he had to think faster than beings who outclassed him by a magnitude of order. ”Ahhh well, I'll figure out a way to deal with Darkness, once you take me back.” he said.

As he waited for the Balance to return him he began to consider his options and what would work. There were few things that the Darkness would accept or distract it from what he’d told it and if he didn’t remedy the situation he could cause an entirely new Change to occur and warp all realities.

Darkness was closer to him now.

You dare to daydream while in our presence?

Bernael looked into Darkness and chuckled. ”Well, the conversation was boring me, fiction often does. Watching you fall for it was the only humorous bit.” he responded.

He stepped to the side, leaning now against the wall of the corridor, ”I mean, it’s not often that you can pull one over on such a being so it was worth it to see the look on your face. I’ll treasure that for eons. Of course you know I’m going to tease you about this forever.” He laughed in Darkness’s face.

He seemed relaxed but he knew that he was tempting fate once more and his muscles were tense as he ‘relaxed’ there.

Darkness demurred.

We do not have a face.

It swept even closer, the equivalent of eye-to-eye.

Bernael laughed, at the proximity. ”Two thousand years and you have yet to intimidate me. Do you think having you this close, again, will do it this time?” he asked calmly.

His eyes sparkled, pinpricks of grey in the black of them, ”So, stab me or kiss me but make up your mind. Those are the only two reasons to be this close as you do not scare me.” he continued.

”You do forget that a delay to either of us being in that room works for both sides, it does not mean that you automatically win.” he chuckled again.

We always win.

It has already been written.

You already know we cannot die.

”You read too much, and of books specifically written to make you see your own victory. Such a shame.” he replied. He hadn’t changed his position at all. ”You should know by now that I know I don’t have to kill you, simply keep you from completing your current objective. Eventually the end will come but not on my watch.”

Our objective here is to let Roan Fel die. One less Skywalker to face at the End of Time.

It allowed a grin to ripple into the Force.

He couldn’t stop himself, the statement just was too funny. ”Is that...is that what you think I’m here to stop?” he said, his voice breaking every so often with laughter.

”Your book told you he needed to die to assist you at the End of Time? Ohhhh boy it lied to you. I’m here to make sure he dies too, but for a completely different set of reasons. But if your book doesn’t tell you why, I won’t fill in the reason.”

We saw it when it was being recorded…

The Darkness paused, as if engrossed by a memory.

Then if we are in accord…

The Darkness vanished.

... then you may pass.

’And Darkness thinks it being present didn’t affect the story being written? Hypocrisy.’ he thought. And with that he advanced toward the hatch that Darkness had guarded.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @HanSolo29, @darthhelinith, @greyjedi125, @Lady Belligerent, @Mitth_Fisto, @Narancia

17. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Helinith
    Not getting crushed on Coruscant

Looking over the side of the building, Helinith was caught off guard as the stray missile slammed into the side of the landing platform. It began to tip almost immediately. But while subtle force use was less her style, absurd acts of agility were right up her street (and speaking of streets, she was likely to be smashed onto one in a few seconds, if she didn’t put the aforementioned to good use).

She leapt up the former durasteel platform from makeshift handhold to makeshift handhold as it slowly leant over to gaze at the ground below, like an old man attempting to retrieve a fallen credit chip. As the incline approached vertical, she reached the very top edge that was pointing toward the sky and, without pausing to catch her breath, pulsed the force hard through her feet and hands. She shot up into the air, not high enough to reach the top of the next platform along but high enough to escape a grizzly fate below, and twisted her body to land perpendicular to the vertical steels of the platform adjacent. Nervous, she gripped on with all fingers and feet at first but she soon became used to the feeling. She channelled the force into her feet and the steel beneath and stood.

She was standing horizontal, with the top of the platform to left and the ground to her right. With growing excitement, she took a step and then a few more. Finally she ran across the durasteel plating, all around the circumference of the steel plating until she was back where she started- all the time several hundred feet in the air and completely horizontal.

“Awesome!” She punched the air in triumph as her com cheruped to interrupt the celebration.
    “Master-” He’d already signed off before she could tell him. Dammit. Well then, he could find out about this new technique she was developing the next time they duelled. That would be fun...

Helinith looked around, hopeful for a sign to the correction facility that, sadly, didn’t seem to want to materialize.
    Damnit again.
    She knew it was in the general area, but in her skirmishes, first with the sith trooper and then Darth Tirran, she had lost all sense of direction as to where. She ran, with purpose now, straight up the vertical side of the construct she was standing on the side of, and in time, came to another platform, much smaller than her prior one, though higher up.

This platform was deserted, its primary purpose evidently for maintenance of the clusters of antenna sprouting from it like nose hair. Helinith put a hand up to her eyes to shield from the flashes of light from the space battle above, and looked around for the black synthstone building that had been built over one hundred years ago, when she was a child. Within around half a minute, she spotted it, a little further away than she had been expecting. It stood, rigidly upright for now, appearing, like both herself and Bast, to have firmly resisted the changes of the skyline around it. The three of them were relics of a foregone era. Her tongue stuck out the side of her mouth slightly as she pulled out her datapad and, after a moment to find a good angle, took a holopic of the black building surrounded by flames and took a loving moment to compare it to a few she had captured of Bast earlier that day. But she couldn’t spend all day being a tourist.

With a sigh, her datapad returned to the harness on her back and she took a running jump to the next building, heading in the general direction of another fragment from her past. Hopefully the sith empire had been lazy and the security systems hadn’t had too much of an upgrade since she was last there.

Tags: @Sinrebirth

18. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Nail biting combo with Master @Sinrebirth himself! :emperor:

IC: Darth Manticore

Battle of Coruscant

The violence only ramped up, up and up.

The allies were completely outmatched by the defences of the Sith Empire.

Between the Sith Troopers and the advanced Annihilator fighters and the Dragon capital ships, the Pellaeon-class Star Destroyers, TIE Predators and Sith clawcraft, the allies were being ripped into shreds... even with the fixed defences disabled, and the closest Golan station nearby knocked out, the Jedi, True Imperials and Galactic Alliance Remnant were being shredded.

He held aboard his personal Fury-class transport, hovering above the orbital plane and watching the enemy fleets rip themselves apart on Coruscant.

Everything was as Lord Krayt had planned.

This disturbance in the Force. It was strong, so much so that it had compelled him to come here, to Coruscant.

Since the end of his former apprenticeship to Darth Vassago, he had wandered, at first without purpose, but in time he regained his focus: To find other sith.

Conflict: That was the clarion call for the strong, especially for the sith, and so, he found them, in greater numbers than he had expected, full of the darkside of the force. But despite that, these were not the sith he recognized. Something seemed amiss. It was inexplicable, unutterable, he couldn’t quite place it- or put his finger on it.

The Force gave him no insight on the matter.

So he watched an observed, even as he stuck to the shadows and engage what forces dared to step to him, no matter their allegiance or affiliation. There was so much darkness here, that he wouldn’t even be noticed at all. That suited his purpose.

Manticore felt and sensed much, but clarity eluded him.

There were many who seemed to be vertices of the Force. Darth Krayt, Emperor Fel, Skywalker, plus others. Their clash was titanic, which filled him with a near irresistible desire to partake of the great conflict unfolding before his eyes, but he understood that doing so would be both foolish and short lived.

The Dathomiri forces he’d militarized were strong, but not this strong. He knew they would be crushed by the unassailable beasts that dominated the Dejarik board. It wasn’t a pleasant prospect.

So, he would watch and wait. Perhaps after the current forces decimated themselves, an opportunity would present itself.

The battle modulated, the allies of the Jedi a wave that crashed upon the incredible shore that was the Coruscanti defences. The dark side swirled with tens of thousands of Sith, more than half exuding that wrongness in the Force. One of those wrongs twitched, and Manticore would sense the attention of a ship, as it flicked itself up out of the orbital scrum towards him.

It was a Sith Annihilator starfighter, and he would have already observed the supercharged weapons used to open up a Star Destroyer a few moments - the Fist of the Empire. They were incredibly swift ships, and each pilot had the piloting skill of a Force prodigy. Without even checking who was present, the fighter began to open fire -

Even higher in orbit, the paired One Sith, the Betrayers, they regarded the skirmish that had erupted higher than it ever should have. Their attention was shielded, for they were simply to follow the final contingency as necessary...

The sheer ferocity of the devastation, it was seductive. It inspired and it beckoned, but the inexplicable falseness was far too sobering to ignore, as it activated what he could only identify as a sense of self-preservation.

Then something happened, that which he believed would not. Even with the unrelenting Maelstrom of the darkside, he was somehow sensed. Someone did notice him.

Manticore’s eyes narrowed in suspicion, yet he made no initial move. He continued to examine the grand combat theatre unfolding before him, seeking a glimmer of the underlaying forces at play- that and the ship which approached.

Truth be told, it was a thing of beauty. Predatory in shape, swift and very lethal, on a level that could cause him to envy, or even to attempt appropriation. From what he observed, he could not say for certain, if his highly modified Sith Infiltrator, The Androphagos, could match it in any way.

One thing was certain, whoever was the pilot was undoubtedly a trained force sensitive.

In the end, the terms of the encounter were decided by the enemy ship.

Passive scans indicated the enemy ship's weapons charging and then opening fire.

Manticore’s own lightning reflexes came into play, as he snapped the Androphagos into a sudden evasive barrel-roll. It was time to engage the cloaking device, as his time sight seeing came abruptly to an end.

The Sith Trooper was a force of nature, and his willpower and desire to destroy would slam into Manticore, seeking a connection to his prey. The ship may have vanished, but the monster had the sense of his prey, at least for now, and opened fire, even with poor aim. It was a relentless killer, and would not yield by simple trickery. It only grew more infuriated; more angry; more powerful.

The Fury-class fighter hanging above it all turned slightly, following the vagaries in the Force rather than the noise. The Sith Betrayers had curiosity, but were essentially concealed in the dark.

There were two more Annihiliator's being drawn up, sensing the conflict, and the rage.

A handful was too many, but not enough to distract from the greater battle below.

Most of the strafing fire missed the Androphagos, but not all. Manticore felt his ship being hit, but thankfully, the shields held- at least for now. The cloaking effect also kept the hits from being noticed, but it quickly became clear to him the manner in which he was being chased.

He smirked mirthlessly as he performed another hard evasive maneuver, just in time to miss being hit by another barrage from the enemy's laser cannons. How ironic that he was hunted in the same manner he did his hunting: Through the Force. The pilot was not depending on his sensors at all, for they would not serve him in this case.

The zabrak was impressed by this revelation, which only confirmed his course of action once he spied an additional pair of star fighters begin to move.

Manticore accelerated his speed as he changed vectors. The non-sith were fighting a desperate battle, so he would fly through them while invisible, just to see if his 'tail' would be engaged by someone with delusions of grandeur, or some last minute hero. Should that happen, he would slip through and make his way to the planet’s surface. In truth, he was drawn to this conflict, despite of its strange ‘otherness’, he could gain some knowledge from this, increase his power in this strange arena.

But first, he had to survive this part of the journey.

The Annihilators were quick to recover and follow, but Manticore was of-course flying through a whole battle - hundreds of MC140 Scythe-class cruisers, Star Destroyers and new capital ships - the Sith Dragons - let alone the Sabertooth and Ardent frigates. It was an immense engagement, the upper city burning.

Coruscant was a boiling mass of panic and fear. The three fighters tailing him were caught in the crossover, exploding in an instant. However, that self-same random fire glanced across his ship, knocking out the stealth systems even as he passed the atmosphere line.

Once upon time there would have been planetary shields protecting the planet, but they had been disabled in the first few minutes of the assault. It was a defenders nightmare, and Manticore was drawn to it. The dark side was deeper here than even Korriban, or Ziost, for it was the heart of all conflict and violence in the galaxy.

Coruscant was truly a Sith world.

The Sith Temple was merely the crown upon the fact of the true darkness.

His plan had worked, for the most part. His three pursuers had been too focused, too thirsty for the kill and paid the ultimate price for their persistence.

Manticore smirked in salute. They had not feared, had not relented, had not faltered in their course of action. It was predatory beauty, bright as a star and transient as a vapor.

Manticore could relate with every fiber of his being, so he mentally saluted them as he felt them die.

The flip side to his trap was that he too could be caught in the web - and so it was, that random hits on his ship caused the stealth system to fail.

Manticore cursed as his ship became visible again, but he allowed it to spin out of control like a wounded bird, falling like a stone from the sky. Of course, it was a ploy to put some distance between himself and the layer where the most intense fighting occurred- the kill zone- where a plethora of lives were winking out by the second.

Thinking quickly, Manticore spied an underpass once he got within reach of the taller buildings across the skyline. He deftly righted the ship and maneuvered through high rise canyons, just barely managing the clearance. Within moments, he saw what looked like a hangar for public transport.

Well, it was about to become a private hangar.

This was the perfect place for one such as he, this shining jewel, which had become the heart of darkness.

The Force was writhing, not just in respect of the clash and immense wave of death being caused by the fleets. There were several insanely powerful Force users on-world like now - there was no stealth involved, they were merely exerting themselves as strongly and openly as possible, aiming to crush their foes entirely, be it with their Jedi resolve, their Imperial loyalty, or Sith rage.

Their names were like drum-beats upon him.

Cade Skywalker, Darth Talon, Shado Vao, Darth Stryfe, Gunner Krieg, Wolf Sazen...

At the centre of it all, as if his eyes were upon Manticore; Darth Krayt, the Dark Lord of the Sith, the Emperor, the Dragon, the Dread Lord.

The comm speakers vibrated as if active; but there was no signal - merely the man stretching out and using the Force to move them.

"An observer."

It was not a question.

"Do you wish it to be otherwise, Lord Krayt?"

The ferocity being unleashed in the force was absolutely intoxicating to Manticore, being an observer would be such a waste at this point; besides, he would rather observe without being discovered, which was no longer possible. The alternative was clear: Participation.

The zabrak currently had no specific 'sith allegiance', but he was very much still a Sith. So he bowed to the Prime Sith, the undeniable Dark Lord that now regarded him.

"What is your bidding?"

Had the roles been reversed, he would have expected the same reaction.

"Bidding?" Krayt paused.

"A century ago, I was here, as you are, watching Sith wreak havoc upon this world. I observed, and, later, intervened."

"But you ask for my bidding, as a true Sith would, recognising me." His tone was approving. "When the time comes, I will call upon you to serve. For now, you may observe, and learn about my goals."

His tone was grave.

"And I shall see if you survive what is to come."

Manticore did not disguise the smirk that came to his face as he rose.

This was the way of the Sith.

"As you wish, Dark Lord."

In that moment, the darkside tested him, tempted him, bringing back to mind the powerful jedi he had sensed earlier. He could very well test himself against them in combat, dispatch a few 'light siders'. True, but this was not his war, or his sith. Moreover, Darth Krayt had spoken. He was only to observe and glean the Dark Lord's machinations. It was a test, and he had also given his word.

"I shall observe and learn." He said, without wavering and with full determination.

The position was suddenly threatened, as a ship emerged from the shadow and sought to land atop his. It was black, angular - a One Sith Fury-class transport, not to be mixed with the similar design used during the Great Galactic Wars three and a half millennia ago. There were a pair of dark side presences aboard, pouring a degree of glee into the Force.

Lord Krayt had set him a test, clearly, and kept him distracted on purpose, it would seem.

The zabrak sith Lord imbued his every fiber with the power of the darkside. On this world, as it was currently, nothing less would do. Might, was the order of the day...and the night.

Sensing the two, Manticore rasped audibly and into the Force.

"Challenge...accepted."

Dominion or servitude. Life or death. There was no middle ground. If they both attacked at once, he would know that individually, they were weak. The rule of the strong was very clear on this.

Their ships were positioned so he could not flee; which was far from his intention. Calmly, Manticore exits his ship and moved into the hangar space, a scowl framing his burning gaze, black robes shrouding his form.

"So, what are you waiting for..." He sent to the two.

The two darksiders - the Sith Betrayers - they stepped off the ramp atop his ship, and plopped down. "So, you're the Zabrak. Not many decent Zabraks among the Sith," one said, drily.

"Not that I'm aware of..." the female drawled.

"Maul wouldn't be very happy to see his species so underrepresented..."

"... so we should make sure he's worth of the attention of the Dark Lord."

They ignited paired lightsabers - no, each had a shoto and a blade, and they rushed him, the man slashing low, the woman at his neck -

Manticore snarled at the pair, his mind and body seamlessly flowing into and surging into combat mode, even as the power of the force suffused him. A gloved hand produced his lightsaber staff, which noiselessly separated into two weapons, one now being held in each hand and flaring into fiery blades of vermillion. Jar'Kai would serve him well at this point of the encounter.

True to fashion, he did not respond to their taunts, but rather focused on the nuances of their movements and intentions. This was a decidedly dangerous and potentially lethal engagement - which he craved with all his being. A real challenge was all he'd ever asked for.

Manticore held his ground, forcing them to come to him, though the two did not need much encouragement, the aggression flowing from them was akin to ambrosia to the zabrak.

As they pair began moving and dashing-in to attack, he too reacted. Manticore sent himself into a Butterfly Maneuver, his body turning through the air horizontally, his weapons arcing at relativistic speeds. Manticore aimed to deflect the attack to his neck and avoid the one to his feet, hopefully throwing at least one of them off balance. That one he would dash-in to attack, however, that was bait. Seeing the vulnerable one should cause the other to come to defend- that's the one he would unleash on, ideally. Should the defense come too slowly, he would exploit it, for that was the price for weakness.

Did they not realize they were each other's weakest link?

Manticore was hardly amused, but he was fully intent in driving the lesson.

The Zabrak avoided and blocked and riposted, forcing them as he planned - one drove to defend the other, and the other reinforced their blocks to prevent themselves being disarmed - literally. They caught each others eye and kicked out - at their respective hips! They separated swiftly, meaning that they could grounded themselves and hurl attacks at Manticore as if a right angle to the other -

It was coordinated, and it exploited their bond -

It all seemed to happen in an instant. He did not get the kill as planned, but something else was revealed. These two sith, they did not fight as two separate entities, no, they coordinated in unison.

The two kicked-out at each other, spoiling the range of his perfectly timed counter strike. Manticore instantly reversed-gripped both of his weapons to deflect any retreating attacks on his position, even as he used the force to propel himself out of their attack ranges.

So,this encounter was not to proceed as he originally predicted. He needed to adapt, and did so quickly- already surmising the tactic he needed to employ.

In a blink of an eye, Manticore force-dashed toward the male counterpart, while simultaneously force-pushing the female as far as possible. Keeping them ‘off-balance’ was the key to his initial strategy.

The two Sith were surprised by Manticore’s prowess, but the Betrayers responded swiftly. The female used the Force to held onto the male, yanking her back with him -

But off the edge of the building!

The Betrayers vanished, and there was a surge of the Force -

And a pair of lightsaber blades stabbed up through the floor!

These two were aggressively persistent.

The pair reacted quickly, robbing the zabrak from executing his plan, but in flow of combat is always in motion, there’s action, reaction and counter-action.

The two did vanish from sight, but not from the force, especially with the following surge.

Manticore was not surprised by the blades stabbing trough the floor, for it was an inventive maneuver, to which he responded to before they could complete their work.

With a gesture, Manticore effectively force pushed ‘below’ the floor, sending a powerful wave of force energy to keep the pair unbalanced.

The floor crumbled inward, and all of sudden the damage of crashing ships and powerful detonations upon a century old construct became apparent.

The hole he had blown became a spidering crack within the building, especially as the push he had hurled slammed down through several floors, carrying the Sith Betrayers with it and a growing amount of duracrete. The hole expanded to attempt to envelope Manticore, but also set the entire roof into paroxysm, another opening emerging beneath the twins ship, sending it tumbling down -

A assault of rips converged upon Manticore’s own ship’s landing zone -

If he himself had not tumbled down, which was admittedly unlikely as the fate of the building was firmly telegraphed in the Force, he would have to rush to his ship before it was too entombed within Coruscant’s fall.

Manticore swore and reacted immediately. He had not expected the entire building structure to begin falling apart, but with the intensity of the war raging all around Coruscant, perhaps that possibility shouldn’t have been a surprise.

Still infused with power, Manticore used the force to launch himself unto whatever passed for stable enough pieces of flooring, to leap in sequence until he reached his falling ship. Thankfully, all falling objects travelled at relative speed, which meant he only precious few seconds to act. Still propelled by the force, Manticore literally zipped through his ship and leapt into the pilots seat, utilizing both manual and telekinetic manipulation to ‘cold-start’ his ship and blast his way through the falling debris.

Manticore knew he only had one chance to do so, but he was willing to take the risk or pay the price for failure. Instantly, he punched the thrusters, even as he heard an awful metallic wailing of something being rent asunder. All around him he could see pieces of building raining down in large chunks, all in a synchronized waltz of destruction.

To think he'd actually grown concerned that a prolonged confrontation against the Sith Betrayers might prove to be his undoing. How did that compare against being crushed and entombed by a crumbling skyscraper in the middle of a raging war.

No, Manticore silently vowed to fly his ship through the hail of falling ferrocrete, even if that was the last thing he did. He vowed to watch Coruscant burn from orbit, that is, if he wasn’t simply picked off by one of the warring faction, as he managed to fly himself free from his present predicament.

Hopefully they were too busy killing one another to notice him.

Tag: @Sinrebirth

[face_relieved]:p

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2021
  19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Shuttle, Arriving on Coruscant

The shuttle decanted from hyperspace in the midst of a cataclysmic nightmare. Combatants from both sides clashed in a fierce battle that would decide the outcome of the war, and ultimately, the fate of so many throughout the galaxy. And yet, there was no rhyme or reason to the mayhem. As lasers and other munitions lanced across the horizon and blossomed into brilliant explosions, ships—both starfighters and capital ships alike—continued to weave through the chaos with deadly precision. It was impossible to follow its progress, and that’s what made it so dangerous.

It was complete anarchy.

That thought needled Aryan’s mind as a torpedo detonated a little too close to his position, activating his blast-tinting to account for the sudden radiance outside the viewport. He instinctively brought his hand up to shield his eyes, though it was purely a precautionary measure. Nevertheless, it only reinforced what he already suspected—he was probably crazy for willfully placing himself in such a precarious situation.

But maybe that was the point. Didn’t it take a more eccentric mind to accomplish fantastical things? Or in his case, to rush ahead and save his family when they were in danger? Some may view it as impractical, but he couldn’t ignore that intrinsic connection; it was pulling him down this path.

Clenching his jaw in determination, Aryan gripped the control yoke and pushed it beyond its limits as he angled the shuttle toward the ecumenopolis below. Navigating this melee would be like threading the eye of a needle, but he felt confident in his abilities to successfully punch through to the other side.

Of course, it also helped that he had commandeered a simple passenger shuttle. No one would perceive him as an imminent threat, which should allow him to slip past their defenses undetected.

And sure enough, with his shields angled double-front, he was able to pull it off without a hitch.

However, he wasn’t completely out of harm’s way—far from it.

Much to his dismay, he discovered that Hogrum Chalk hadn’t been bluffing when he revealed that Coruscant was on fire. The cityscape had transformed into a hellish inferno right before his eyes. Thick smoke obscured his visibility while flames licked hungrily at the planet’s surface, consuming everything in their path as they coiled into the air at towering heights.

It was a hopeless endeavor, and Aryan briefly considered retreating to a safe distance to regroup, but then he spotted the object of his desire looming on the horizon, seemingly untouched by the devastating blaze. The Armand Isard Correctional Facility stood like a silent sentinel, its black synthstone tower adopting an orange hue in the garish light. It almost resembled a beacon shining in the darkness, guiding him toward his goal.

He did not stop to ponder the irony of that statement. Instead, he turned the shuttle to starboard and approached the prison at reduced speed to ensure that he did not attract any unwanted attention.

Once he had set down on a nearby landing platform, Aryan ambled down the entry ramp with a simple blaster pistol in hand. It was relatively light in terms of firepower, but he wasn’t really expecting much resistance. He hoped that the ongoing battle provided enough of a distraction to keep the guards preoccupied; they wouldn’t notice a lone saboteur among their ranks. He could sneak in, retrieve Lyz, Arek, and the rest of his employees, and waltz back out without tripping any alarms…

At least, that was the plan.

Pressing his lips into a thin line, the young politician exhaled deeply and started toward the building.

TAG: @Sinrebirth; @darthhelinith; @Narancia; @darthbernael; @Mitth_Fisto; @greyjedi125; @Lady Belligerent

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Krayt
    Sith Temple

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Across the planet of Coruscant, matters were coming to a head.

He watched.

His hands tucked behind his back.

His worries palpable in the Force, but completely invisible in the middle of all of the chaos and carnage and death.

A Black-Coat upon him.

TAG: No-One
    ---
    IC: Darth Insipid

Armand Isard Correctional Facility

There was a confluence of Force users and presences, and Insipid suddenly began to wonder if he was safer skulking within the Sith Temple.

He tilted the Holocron, which was still being gnawed upon. He didn't have time to activate them and work it out, not with time pressing upon them.

There was a cacophony of fear in the prison, and Insipid began to wonder what political favours he was about to curry by liberating the place.

He swept in, a whisper in the Force.

Technically speaking, Aryan Graul arrived first, and he would have landed and been greeted by a pair of Stormtroopers. They pointed their blasters at the shuttle, bearing obvious GA markings. "Halt! Who goes there!"

Then Tobbi did his thing as Helinith caught up, and there was a breach, and a small team of elite smugglers, anarchists and mercenaries in the correctional facility. The two Stormtroopers by Aryan vanished in a piece of flying masonry, but the attack had brought down a whole wall of the facility. There were scrabbling prisoners and overwhelmed officers, vanishing in a tsunami of rebelling individuals of all gender, species and persuasion.

The One Sith Empire did not discriminate on those bases; no, it oppressed everyone equally.

There was a cry - Lyz and Arek would be visible to Aryan among the push of bodies -

Helinith would spy Force users among those attacking the prison, including red, blue and purple blades. They were as colourful in the Force too, but threats all -

They were all over each other, and Insipid was curious. He nudged Helinith to investigate the group in her typical deadly fashion -

That would see her cross through the huddle of prisoners trying to escape, and of course Aryan's line of sight -

Insipid watched from a shadow, noticing the politician, or, at very least, how he held himself. Upright, certain, even though he was not even a Force users. How curious, he decided, sliding around to get a better look from the admittedly fractured cover. He glared at the nibbling Holocron, which was distracting his focus.

Stop it! He ordered.

It was more than enough chaos, let's be fair.

But it wasn't done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As Lord Manticore watched, the entire battle collapsed into utter anarchy as the largest present here - the millions of Annihilator fighters - turned on everyone.

They dove towards the surface, and the GA, True Imperials and Sith-Imperials hurled fire at the ships as they attacked everyone -

The battle had broken down, and the One Sith ships - the Dragons - were moving off on their own.

[​IMG]

Dragons

This wasn't an engagement anymore, no, it was just chaos.

Even Bernael would be buffeted by it, and indeed, it hurt, hurt, hurt, HURT the Balance, especially with him being in so close proximity to the death of a Skywalker.

Indeed, Manticore would be as cajoled by the Force as he was by the elements of the battle -

But how did that relate to the prison?

Well -

The Sith Troopers were indeed on the surface, and many were ejecting from crippled, broken ships.

They attacked the tallest towers first, which of course included the Armand Isard institute.

No matter the particulars of the meeting of Helinith, Aryan, his wife Lyz, son Arek, and Tobbi and the Blazing Chains, it all fell apart because six Sith Troopers began to rush the building, trying to cut down anyone in their path, enraged by -

"DARTH KRAYT IS DEAD! ALL MUST DIE AT OUR HANDS!"

They kept repeating this.

[​IMG]

These were fully blown Force users, and they killed Stormtroopers, civilians and combatants alike, and half a dozen was enough to kill almost anything in their path -

Darth Insipid emerged from the wall and pointed at the advancing enemy. "LOOK OUT!" He bellowed, basically standing besides Aryan Graul, but warning his apprentice, Helinith, more than anyone -

And then the six Sith Troopers became twelve -

"Sithspawn!"

He unleashed a bolt of lightning at one, which powered through the attack -

"BRACE!"

He was taking command of the defense of the Armand Isard Institute, and what he was ordering them to prepare against became apparent when the nearest Sith Troopers released a wave in the Force, intending to buffet everyone -

TAG: @Narancia, @Mitth_Fisto, @HanSolo29, @darthbernael, @greyjedi125, @darthhelinith (aside from @Lady Belligerent)

21. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Combo with @Sinrebirth

IC Bernael
    Onboard the Jagged Fel

Bernael’s hand touched the durasteel of the hatch that separated him from his objective when one massive wave of energy swept through space. The death of Krayt rocked him but in his slowly compartmentalizing grief and pain he registered it only remotely. It was the second wave that almost took him off of his feet when it burst forth, the death of Roan Fel a Skywalker erupting in the Force.

The hatch had barely cracked open when that wave hit and he barely noticed as the ship began to rock with the crazed fire of the Sith Troopers in their Annihilators. In his mind the Balance writhed, pained beyond measure, in that moment recognizing again what the individual level of pain could be. His eyes darkened into black pits and his talons emerged, feet and hands alike. The stagger he made due to the mental battle wedged the door open and he, almost unseeing, nearly fell into the chamber.

He vaguely made out four forms, Maraisah Fel, Treis Sinde, and kneeling over the crumpled fom of Roan Fel was Antares Draco. As his mind fluctuated back and forth across the divide of Light and Dark, the Balance fighting itself, trying to work through the pain of Fel’s death he stepped forward, his power around him, ”Who...who was about to...kill every being...in the system?” he ground out as his eyes tracked back and forth over all three of the still living beings in the room.

Antares held his lightsaber ready as Treis stirred and Marasiah grieved over her father. “Sith,” Antares said.

“I know not what you speak of.”

“No,” Marasiah said. “We will need help -“

“Covering this up.” Treis finished, sitting up. “The Emperor fell to the dark side - nobody can know.” His eyes took in Bernael. “We’ll have to tell them a Sith assassin snuck aboard.”

The black of Bernael’s eyes began to shift, not becoming the bright silver they were when he was calm but slowly becoming a muddle of greys. The Balance was coming to the fore, whether it was prepared for such or not. He began to straighten and he nodded once to Antares, the man should remember their conversation and the attempt the man had made on his life prior.

He turned and nodded to Maraisah as well, his mind working to overcome the pain it felt, the grief, the loss, and the wound in the Force that her father’s death had caused. And then he turned toward Sinde, ”Ask Antares how I feel about being considered a Sith.” he said softly, his hands away from his weapons, talons sheathing and unsheathing.

He turned back to Maraisah, ”I cannot begin to speak on the feeling of loss you must feel but trust me when I say I do understand, more than I have in millennia, how deeply that loss can carve your soul.”

Marasiah’s expression became stone. “It is a tragedy, what has befallen my father.” Antares and Treis stood besides her, the former with his lightsaber active, the other with it merely drawn.

“This tragedy cannot be allowed to girdle the galaxy. You felt it - Krayt is dead. I must ascend to Empress of the three Empires - the Sith, the Sith-Imperial, and the True - and end the Second Imperial Civil War.”

She regarded her fathers body, which had faded away. “I cannot do that if the galaxy thinks the Empire is one of monsters. I beseech you to consider what Draco says.”

“Please.” A tear rolled down her cheek. “My father broke under the pressure to save the galaxy. Can you understand that?”

A low, dark chuckle came from Bernael’s throat. ”And what do you believe I’ve been doing for the last couple eons?” he countered.

His eyes took in the two men, ”Your little war gave me then took away one thing I never believed would exist, I will be no one’s patsy. As a matter of fact the only reason I am here was to stop all that death, but, as usual I must put away anything I feel because the galaxy doesn’t know how to keep from killing itself.” he said firmly.

”Besides, you will find,” he glanced down at his wristpad confirming something, ”your plan to do so wouldn’t work anyway, my digital presence is already being erased, even the recording of my presence here is fading already. I don’t exist, I’ve never existed, the galaxy functions better if that is believed.”

“Then what do you want?” Draco said sharply. “To rub salt into Sia’s wound?”

Now Treis ignited his blade. Marasiah stepped forward to show she wasn’t concerned. “Tell me what you need to heal your wounds, Bernael.”

Bernael took in the stances and lit blades of the two men then looked up at Draco. ”I am not the one whose first thought when seeing me appear was to accuse me of being Sith or that I’d be useful as a patsy to blame for her father’s death. Admittedly it was not you, Draco but still it stands.” his voice low, flat.

His gaze was softer when he turned to Maraisah, ”I am sorry that this came to be. As to what I need.” his head shook, eyes turning a swirl of grey, ”Peace, create that peace you spoke of, Empress. Do that, create a time for the pain to fade and the Ghost will heal.”

He shook his head again, muttering under his breath and when he looked at her once more his eyes were the shining silver they were normally. ”I am all but eternal, Maraisah. I will heal but, from this, much as I suspect it will be for you, distance from the pain, in time, is all that will allow it to heal. I would ask that you not allow these two their violent thoughts to turn to action as I would be loath to leave you alone in a chamber of blood before I leave. You will need them both in the future.”

Marasiah Fel nodded. “By all my power as Empress, I shall erase your existence from the records of the Empire in all its incarnations. You shall become a true shadow, and you shall be released from your ties to the known.”

She placed a hand on his shoulder. “May the Force be with you, Bernael - no longer Darth, no longer Sith.”

At that, Draco and Treis deactivated their blades and looked to each other. Marasiah had just shown just what kind of Empress she would be.

Bernael nodded his head in respect to Maraisah. ”Thank you, Empress.” He reached to his belt, pulling free a small device, tossing it to Draco, ”Shadow I am, shadow I will be, but that device is a miniature transmitter, one encrypted frequency locked in. Should you ever desire my assistance in the future, you need only press the call button and I will respond. There are no others in circulation right now and I trust that this will remain only between you three.” He nodded again to her, ”With your leave I will depart.”

Marasiah nodded, eying Antares, whose expression was unresolved. He caught his Empress’s gaze and nodded. “Thank you, Bernael.”

He held out a hand to shake. “Good luck. I hope you find your peace.”

Treis nodded respectfully.

“You’ll need to go before things calm down,” Antares said. “With Krayt dead, it’ll be over soon.” The ship still rumbled with turbolaser fire, but the urgency around the Force was breaking. Indeed, the great Darkness around them was dispersing.

Bernael nodded to Treis then shook Draco’s hand briefly, ”I do wish you luck in piecing the galaxy together. I will keep an eye on events but, for now, that is all.”

He nodded in respect to Maraisah once more before turning, gathering himself and disappearing as he stepped toward the hatch. The three here he trusted to keep their word about not harassing him as he left but others on the ship would not know of that or understand and he was not in the mood to have to deal with such.

The trip to the hangar, in this state was uneventful, he was alone with his thoughts and pain, well...aside from the Balance also working through the searing pain that the death of a Skywalker had caused. They were both in need of time away from these ‘mortals’ to regroup and be what they were to the galaxy. He barely noticed as his body moved on autopilot, steering around others that happened to be in the corridors, and then onto his Fury. He only noticed when he found himself in the command couch.

He looked up at the droid that housed the pilot AI, ”Stealth field up, get us out of this slowly resolving chaos.” Closing his eyes once more he felt the ship power up and begin to make it’s way free of the Jagged Fel.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @Mitth_Fisto, @greyjedi125, @Lady Belligerent, @HanSolo29, @Narancia, @darthhelinith

22. Narancia

Oct 24, 2020
    IC:
    Maroon - Darth Impetuous
    Orange - Eli - Dagger lead
    Grey - Melanie - Dagger 2
    Green - Yumi - Dagger 3
    Red - Kratos - Dagger 4
    Blue - Karter - Dagger 5
    Purple - Hinata - Dagger 6

~Onboard the X-70B Phantom~
    [​IMG]

"ELI! The info is faulty! We've been jipped, hoodwinked, had, bamboozled!!!"

Eli stood in disbelief as he had received this transmission from Melanie.

Faulty info? There's no way it could have been faulty; why would Tobbi Airskipper send us faulty information? Eli thought to himself.

Then an explosion could be heard, and Melanie's voice grew more and more panicked.

"WE'VE BEEN ENGAGED! OH MY GOD...THEY HAVE LIGHTSABERS!"

"Melanie!? What's your location? Melanie, come in!!"

The signal cuts out, and the entire room is silent; Kratos stood next to Eli, angry and in complete disbelief, while Yumi worked on the radio transceivers; her face bore the look of complete frustration.

"MELANIE, COME IN!"

Eli eventually pressed his fingers on the bridge of his nose; Kratos, on the other hand, threw a chair across the room, enraged by the feeling of helplessness.

"DANK FERRIK!!"

Eli raised his voice to Kratos, but his voice and anger were in control, unlike Kratos.

"Kratos! Calm yourself; destroying the ship is not going to make the situation better."

Eli turned to Yumi,

"Why can't Melanie hear me, Yumi?"

Yumi shook her head,

"The public radiofrequency is an absolute mess to the point where it's interfering with our own channel. All I keep hearing is screaming about raging Sith Troopers, fire everywhere, and...Darth Krayt's death."

Eli and Kratos paused, fully taking this information in.

"We need to get to Coruscant pronto! Yumi fly us there; we're ramming the building, turrets or no, we are getting our people out."

"I'm not as good as Melanie, but okay," Yumi muttered as she took the helm of the ship and awkwardly piloted it towards orbit. If Dagger squad wasn't feeling the gravity and desperation of the situation earlier, they definitely felt it now.

~Meanwhile, back at the Armand Isard Correctional Facility~

Hinata, Karver, and Melanie were stunned as they watched Sith troopers equipped with lightsabers poured into the facility.

"Do these guys ever shut up?!"

"Sith abominations, you will pay for all the innocents you've killed!"

"Eli, come in, Eli!!"

Melanie fiddled with the Tele-comm, angrily tapping it.

"Guys, all the distress signals are overshadowing our frequency! We've got a dead zone."

"Great, so no backup."

"Wait...there are way more people here...and it's so dark..." Karter sensed through the force; there was so much darkness, so much pain, the Cathar couldn't take much more as he writhed in agony, feeling all of these sensations at once, passing out from the overwhelming sensations of it all.

"Karter!!" Hinata yelled as she rushed to the Cathar's side.

"Gods! what do we do, Melanie?!" Hinata asked the current squad leader, seeking any piece of guidance.

Melanie, however, stood in shock; their healer and best fighter within this current squad had just passed out, and with Karter unconscious, he was now dead weight; there was no way to escape unless they leave him; Melanie didn't like their options, but this was the reality of the situation.

And before Melanie could tell Hinata of the new plan (one which Hinata would not take well at all.) An explosion rocked the facility as half a dozen more Sith troopers poured into the facility, and screams could be heard as masses of prisoners now flooded the area. Screeches of pain echoed as the Sith Troopers were slaughtering them.

When the crowds stop pouring in, all that was left was a dark assassin and an older man with what seemed like his family.

Hinata's sabers ignited, and Melanie pulled out her DL-44 pistol; both were sweating buckets, thinking internally that this could be their end as they formed a wall of sorts around their unconscious comrade Karter.

However, much to their surprise, another figure entered the room, and both women felt the power that irradiated from it. The figure settled on its position next to the older man and yelled.

"Sithspawn!"

As it unleashed lightning upon a singular Sith trooper, who endured the lightning.

"Brace!"

Yelled the figure as the collective Sith troopers unleashed a Force wave directed to everyone.

Hinata and Melanie were violently blown away despite the warning as they had no way to defend against such an attack, crashing against the wall and rendered unconscious.

~Database lab within the Armand Isard Correctional Facility ~
    Darth Impetuous or Tobbi Airskipper, the employer of the Blazing chain's squad called Dagger team, was here as well, not too far from the chaos; in fact, Darth Impetuous could feel the chaos through the force. Impetuous had lied to Dagger team about their mission, falsely informing them that they would attack one of his subsidiaries called GENTEK.

When in fact, Impetuous had sent them to the Armand Isard correctional facility as a test of sorts before he could consider absorbing them into his empire by revealing that his grandfather Cervantes O'Deorain was the former leader of the group. The group was doing fine for a cavalcade of overspecialized and undertrained force-sensitive; they would have their uses.

As to the reason why Impetuous was even fiddling in the database of the correctional facility, it was actually for a couple of reasons,

1.To track down his family members as he didn't know whether or not they opposed Darth Krayt's rule or whether or not they came in contact with him the empire or not, but he figured that Darth Krayt's spies would've kept their eyes on them. Impetuous wanted to take their assets and absorb them into his own.

2.Track down locations of interest to see if there was hidden Sith knowledge among them. Impetuous needed to grow in power, and to do so, he knew he needed knowledge as more that would equal power.

Impetuous had taken a miniature hard drive with him that held vast amounts of storage space, 12 Exabytes to be exact, enough to download every bit of data this lab had. Once Impetuous was finished, he took his drive, placed it into a protective pocket of sorts, left the lab, and looked onto the foyer below, complete chaos.

Impetuous would recognize half of the members of Dagger Squad and see that they were unconscious. In contrast, on the other side, he would recognize Aryan Graul, a man he never personally met but knew as a figure on the Nubian public council. It was important to know those who also played the political game; it was actually quite rewarding if you knew how to play it right.

Impetuous decided to join the craziness downstairs; he couldn't let his new toys in the form of Dagger squad be broken too early.

Impetuous calibrated the settings on his IMPETUOUS MARK I armor, which the Sith primed for combat with Beskar alloys and Cortosis weaved within.

"Time to see what this baby can do!!" Impetuous said to himself as he threw his lightsaber at the ceiling, intending to cause debris to fall and crush the Sith Troopers below or at the very least by his some time as he wasn't sure it would work.

[​IMG]

After Impetuous recalled his lightsaber, he jumped off the floor he was on and landed on the ground below with a huge THUD! The Sith would notice other figures that walked the dark path as he did being similarly cornered by Sith Troopers; however, this wasn't the time for greetings; he needed to protect his assets and get them off this planet back home to Nemiodia. Judging from the number of the squad that lay unconscious, there were more that were unaccounted for.

So Impetuous made up his mind he would protect these fools called Dagger squad and protect them until the rest of their squad arrived, everyone else be damned.

TAG: Everyone in the room.
    @Sinrebirth @HanSolo29 @darthhelinith

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  23. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Manticore

His ears heard the chant, but only until he confirmed it with the Force, did he believe it.

An hour ago, Manticore would have never believed such a thing was possible, especially after sensing the nigh-insurmountable power that was Darth Krayt.

And now he was dead.

Curious though he was, the zabrak’s danger sense spiked dramatically- forcing him to focus his mind on the trouble at hand.

Krayt’s Sith Troopers had gone mad and were now engaged in suicide runs, determined to take as many souls to the abyss with them as possible. The Sith Anihilators were now swarming, attacking anything and everything in their path.

Manticore immediately hit his thrusters and moved with all due haste. If a large enough group decided to take a coordinated suicidal run at him, his chances of survival were…well, let’s just say he was better off on the ground.

Upon the surface of the embattled city, there was a beacon in the force, an epicenter that called-out to him. Without a second thought, Manticore veered towards that location, where he beheld an interesting building. His instruments identified it as the Armand Isard Correctional Facility.

The darkside roiled with fantastic intensity in that place and Manticore did not resist the call. A canopied hangar came into view, and with the calculated recklessness of an ace pilot, Manticore landed his ship atop a freighter which seemed downed. He didn’t spend anytime taking a second look as he made his way out of his ship, sweet dark anticipation driving his every move and purpose.

The scene that greeted him spoke for itself.

To say there was fighting here would be an understatement, this was a right slaughter. Well, it was war after all.

His heard turned just so, as if governed by instinct. Then he saw them.

Sith Troopers.

A dozen of the Force titans be exact. Fortunately, their focus was on a group of force users he did not recognize. Manticore smiled at the opportunity.

In an instant, the zabrak ran forward as fast as he could, then called upon the force to lend him greater speed. At the height of his run, he used the force to slide low on the floor- and at the right moment, his double lightsaber flared to life, spinning in his hand so fast it resembled a vermillion disc of rotating energy.

Manticore’s aim was to slice-off the legs of as many sith troopers as possible, before engaging them fully.

If there was going to be a slaughter, it was only right that he get a piece of the action.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @darthbernael, @Narancia, @Mitth_Fisto, @HanSolo29, @darthhelinith

24. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Soliloquy
    Armand Isard Correctional Facility

There was a confluence of Force users and presences, but Soliloquy paid it no mind. All of his minds were presently engaged in working through the backlog of digesting the celestial holocron. Downloading everything that was within it into his own minds.

Insipid tilted the Holocron, which was still being gnawed upon. Of course that scrutiny was fast diverted by the goings on of the world around them. He glared at the nibbling Holocron, which was distracting his focus.

Stop it! He ordered.

A he ordering they? The two holocrons both pulsed with their colors as they continued to press onwards to the end of all knowledge and things that it contained.

So much chaos, so little time. They had to work faster, but they were already pushing as fast as they could. There was just. . .so much to learn and digest! Skimming as it all came pouring through was already a massive undertaking to make sure they were not eating a trap, but it was necessary to avoid a possibly horrendous fate if there was a trap built into this thing.

Silently and under great strain Soliloquy pushed onwards towards the finish. To finish.

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Armand Isard Correctional Facility, Coruscant

A confluence of events quickly turned Aryan’s simple rescue mission into a chaotic nightmare. He suspected that he had made a mistake as soon as he emerged from the shuttle and immediately encountered an armed sentry. It was a pretty good indication that his approach hadn’t been as stealthy as he had hoped, but that quickly became irrelevant. Both troopers vanished in a flurry of flying debris as a large explosion rocked the facility.

Staggering back, Aryan crouched down and brought up both hands to shield himself from the detonation. It was only after the initial shockwave passed and the dust settled that he noticed the full extent of the damage. The southern wall of the building had completely collapsed, allowing an avalanche of prisoners to flood out onto the landing platform in their desperation to escape.

Aryan was able to elude the push of bodies for the most part—which included shoving random beings aside when they crossed his path—though he wasn’t exactly monitoring his progress. He was too preoccupied with his family, his actions almost automatic as he frantically searched the hordes for his wife and son.

He knew they were here...

And then he heard a fearful cry that wafted above the confused din of the crowd.

Craning his neck to follow the source, Aryan soon discovered his family huddled among the masses. Lyz had lowered herself to one knee, both hands wrapped tightly around Arek to protect their ten-year-old boy from the frantic stampede.

"LYZ!" he shouted, even as the herd jostled him to the side and temporarily knocked him off-balance.

By this point, several others had also joined the fray, but it was difficult to discern whether they had done so of their own volition or if they had merely been swept up in the mayhem—much like himself. The fact that many of them wielded lightsabers did not bode well for the latter option.

Regardless of their status as Jedi or Sith, Aryan afforded them very little attention; his wife and son took precedence.

He was able to recover relatively quickly from his stumble, and without a second thought, he rushed forward through the crowd to meet them. "Lyz! Arek!" he called again, breathless, as he fell to his knees and encompassed them both in a strong embrace. It was hard to say how long they remained together in each others’ arms before Aryan finally pulled back and began to openly inspect them for any visible injuries.

"Are you alright?" Once more, he leaned forward and cupped Lyz’s face with his hands, brushing back her tangled hair in his distress. "What happened?"

Of course, at that moment, the only thing that mattered was getting them to safety.

But before Lyz could respond to his inquiries, a large shadow loomed over them, stretching down from above to engulf the entire platform in an unnatural light. It was quite palpable even for Aryan, who did not possess the ability to touch the Force. This eerie sensation prickled at the base of his spine and set the hair on his arms on edge, prompting him to glance up slowly.

That’s when the monotonous chants began.

[​IMG]

"Ah, Kriff…"

The words slipped from his lips without regard for his son’s sensitive ears. Then again, he figured that a crazed legion of superhuman Sith Troopers warranted such a response. He recognized them as the same twisted abominations that he had observed on the operating table back on Bastion. While he hadn’t seen them in action at the time, he had witnessed enough of their indoctrination protocols to understand how deadly they truly were. They were nothing more than mindless drones hellbent on destruction.

"Come on, we have to go," Aryan ushered quickly as he rose to his feet, the slight exertion showing on his features when he hoisted Arek into his arms to expedite the process. He then took Lyz’s hand and began to retrace his steps back toward the shuttle.

"LOOK OUT!"

A booming voice suddenly echoed across the open expanse, halting the politician in his tracks. He turned to see an odd man with a flowing cape and blue hair standing beside him, gesticulating wildly about the imminent threat. Aryan was naturally suspicious, and he narrowed his eyes at the strange occurrence—until he realized that the man was motioning to someone else beyond their position.

Shifting Arek’s load on his arm, he instinctively glanced over his shoulder to notice a young woman skirting along the edge of the fleeing prisoners. However, the distraction cost him precious time as the situation swiftly escalated.

Two more lightsaber-wielding figures dropped to the tarmac before the blue-haired man unleashed a torrent of electricity from his fingertips. Aryan gaped, but it wasn't because he was in awe of the man’s very public display of power. He finally discovered that the Sith horde had doubled in size!

"BRACE!" the blue-haired man yelled to those still present on the landing platform.

Aryan Graul reacted on pure instinct.

Pulling Arek close to his chest to shield him from the impending blast, the politician used his shoulder to nudge Lyz to a safe distance. He then pivoted on his heel and proceeded to sprint off to the side.

However, an invisible force slammed into him from behind before he could clear the area. A groan issued from his throat as he tumbled forward, naturally curling his body into a ball to protect his son from any trauma.

Unfortunately, his back collided with a solid mass at some point—he assumed it was a lingering portion of the wall—which forced the air from his lungs in a rush. He heard himself gasp, but then everything became vague and unfocused when he realized that he had also sustained an impact to the head.

Dazed, Aryan instantly crumpled to the ground and allowed the darkness to seep into the edges of his awareness.

TAG: @Sinrebirth; @darthhelinith; @Narancia; @greyjedi125; @Mitth_Fisto; @darthbernael