main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Bo-Katan in The Mandalorian (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by BalanceOfTheForce, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Well we don't know that for sure for all we know Kenobi was in control of the fight and olny draw it uot to help Luke escape. We know he's still fast, he destroyed Maul in 3 strikes.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    Chancellor Yoda and RetropME like this.
  2. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    There's also a thing where admitting Bo's flaws and sins could open the door up for a character like Sabine, who has a more outright altruistic and empathetic POV that could better match Din's more positive potential endpoint... particularly if the Elder turns out to be a darker, more chaotic type of influence.

3. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    That's what I'm liking. Bo is borderline Saw Guerrera at this point in her life with her obsession to make Mandalore great again and she was a rude awakening for Din. Whereas Sabine, can be the opposite extreme. This is why I always thought the "No helmet removing" rule was shoehorned in for this show. Especially, when it didn't add up to all the previous Mandalorians behavior from the show.

It basically says that Din is a blank slate and these are his ideologies but wait until he gets exposed to other Mando's. I had no problem with that and figured it was one of the things that can show character development and growth for someone who's going to predominantly always be inside of a helmet.

4. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    It says something that Bo-Katan's group doesn't appear to have maintained its alliance with the Rebellion as it became the Republic...

MrDarth0 and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I really don’t like that fan version, with its shoddy imitation-Matrix camera work. Doesn’t feel like Star Wars at all to me.

6. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    The Nite Owls? is that what Bo's group is called? almost sounds like branding for a spin off.

Master Cado Afu likes this.
  7. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    They had the name since Bo's first appearance, though strictly in promotional material. They were one of the subgroups introduced in a Friend in Need, along with the flamethrower Mandos.

8. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    It's okay, but I don't like the sound editing and the renders. The pacing is off too. All I want is something that slots in the same time slots as the official fight scenes but less banging of the plastic toys and not so much shuffling feet in a circle. Just something that says these guys are in their 40s and 50s and in shape, not their late 80s.

Bo, finger decaying clone Palpatine, Mace, Maul, Yoda, Luke, Dooku, basically every senior citizen in the whole saga moves better than those two in that fight.

9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I still just blame Lucas (not upset about it, just acknowledging his role in it) for creating a timeline with the PT that implied Obi-wan and Vader were a lot younger than they looked in ANH.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So apparently people are complaining about the lady Mando’s having breast shaped armor? Would you guys agree with this? I don’t think I noticed it, but again I was tired when I watched this episode

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well that's a real world problem.

12. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    There's actually a bit of an vacillating evolution going on with Bo's armor across TCW-Rebels-TM in regards to the shape and realism of her armor design: TCW clearly tried to give her curves on her armor, Rebels went with the more neutral and classic Mando design, and TM seems to kind of try and split the difference... and even the resurrected TCW design seems to try and do the same. Now, on TM itself you have the different designs of The Armor and Koska as different extremes of armor design: the Armorer has a very practical design without curves, while Koska's armor has a slightly more exaggerated design than either of Bo's armors thus far.

There *are* real world reasons why very little armor for females would have breast-shaped armor, and Rebels design for Bo would imply that at some point Filoni and co., at least, tried to avert the trope. The argument in favor of it is likely one of aesthetic distinction to make it easier to tell these armor clad characters apart...

...But seeing as how I'm a guy, I'm not going to take a side in the design debate, and just note how it's varied across different Saga entries.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yea that’s what I thought just wanted to see some opinions here.

godisawesome likes this.
  14. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    I feel like Mandalorians have always wanted to be independent from any established form of governments. So that can be a good AND bad thing whenever they need help. And help doesn't seem to be a thing they ever ask for, so they're always doomed for the vicious cycle of nearing extinction.

15. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    And the New Republic, more than the Old Republic, seems to be willing to let planets do their own thing.
    We know Ryloth became independent after the fall of the Empire thanks to Bloodlines, and Mon Mothma's dedication to decentralizing the government as a way to correct the wrongs done by the Clone War means there are likely a lot of planets with basically no oversight by the galactic government, and most are probably happy that way.

16. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I really hope we start to move away from the whole 'Bo Katan is the rightful (and ergo best) candidate to rule Mandalore' that Rebels and TCW Season 7 seemed to want to push.

I mean maybe the fact Bo Katan has let Mandalore fall to the Empire twice (admittedly both times were off screen and the second likely could have been no more than a failed coup) means it's time to rally behind a different figurehead than the one who once burned a village to the ground and supported a terrorist group against her own sister.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    All I hope is that we don’t find out later there are still hundreds of thousands of Mandalorians. I think at most there should only be like a thousand or two

DurararaFTW and Snafu55 like this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    To be fair i don't think any one could have stood up to the empire at their might. first one was more of apolitical defeat and this time it was a military defeat.

godisawesome likes this.
  19. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    To be honest, one of the reasons I like Bo-Katan is for the fact she's not really a good guy, more of a semi-villain/anti-hero type. The same reason I like Asajj Ventress for that matter. Definitely agree though that it would be nice to fill in some gaps of her story, especially post-Rebels. Unlike some, I'm more than happy to see her again in The Mandalorian (which I guess is highly likely anyways).

Verbal21 likes this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Mandalore is pretty huge with main planet Mandalore and all it's systems, this aint like the jedi were there were only 10 000 jedi and only a few survived. I bet there are still thousands of mandalorians out there and they are athreath to Gideon and that's one of the reasons he wants to keep them divided and lost.

21. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    Yeah, Rebels seemed to imply that the Empire mostly just co-opted collaborators among the clans to funnel Mandalorian society towards itself, particularly with the Saxons ranking as Viceroys with their own hybridized Imperial/Mando enforcement arm.

Whereas now it sounds like all the clans are scattered, the armor is being hunted for profit, and even organized Mandos have gone into hiding, and the planet itself is (inhospitable) again - so maybe the empire destroyed all the cities and rendered the place a radioactive mess again.

...this may seem a bit weird, but does anyone else maybe want to see a new take on the New Mandalorians? I don't know exactly what I'd want, but seeing either full-pacifists again or maybe more pragmatic Republic aligned refugees would be interesting, and may be a good place to find Sabine.

I'm also going to take a "wild guess" and say that if anything is likely to make Din utter the word "dar'Manda" aloud, it might be peaceful refugees who've completely forsaken the armor.

22. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    My "fear" is that they'll use her a Din's Martyr figure to want to unite Mandalore or something.

Honestly, besides returning Baby Yoda to its kind, we have no idea what the endgame/overall story will be. How long can they drag out Din being on a weekly adventure finding Jedi's to leave The Child with?

23. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    He's been under the impression that Gideon, the one hunting the baby, is dead. It looks like they'll start taking the fight to Empire again starting next episode.

24. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Bo-Katan implied that Din's belief that Mandalore was cursed and uninhabitable was not to be believed (and that such an idea may be propaganda designed to keep Mandalorians separated). The other Mandos also reacted with looks of "man, this guy's a hick that believes a lot of nonsense..."