main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Bond between Finn and Poe Going Forward

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jonipoon, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Kthru12

Kthru12 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 4, 2016
    Finn and Poe having "many scenes" together is one thing we do know, thanks to Oscar Isaac. The only question at this point is the nature of those scenes.

AhsokaSolo and sharasbeys like this.
  2. sharasbeys

sharasbeys Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 10, 2016

Well Oscar's go to word for describing the film and the character interactions is "intimate"...

Joking and shipping aside, with all the talk of characters being tested, it's likely we'll see some really excellent emotional scenes between these two. The casting people had Oscar do a chemistry read with John and Daisy for a reason, so even their friendship will probably be incredibly important to the film and both of their arcs.

3. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    So with that, this leaker is confirmed to be fake?

4. Kthru12

Kthru12 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 4, 2016

I personally don't find them credible. Waaaay to much detail:

https://iwasraisedtodoonething.com/2016/07/05/the-truth-about-leia/

Also, the MSW rumor is that Leia is attacked on a ship, not at a funeral procession:

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/03/s...cription-plus-info-on-the-dernleia-situation/

5. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    lol people post 'leaks'' as facts, then take other 'leaks' as fakes and lacking credibility. Talk about picking and choosing rumors. How about all rumors are bs until proven as fact. Its a lot more mature. People are making stories up its what they want rather than what we get [face_laugh]

Ghost and Ryanpaulstewart like this.
  6. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    they will be han and luke mk2

7. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I think more people trust MSW due to how their info for The Force Awakens turned out.

8. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    TBH I never mentioned MSW I was more on about how these so called 'in the know' sources popping up claiming inside knowledge. Plus loads of bs off reddit and posters on here. I know that sounds harsh but I think its just as bad to out and out lie, twisting things into there own perspective. Making stories up in there own mind and passing it off as 'leaks'. Then posters pick and choose what is real and what is right. You know discussion is fine but not when you take bs as fact.

cerealbox likes this.
  9. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    I think their "instant friends" chemistry in the movie was a load of nonsense, to be honest. I would have preferred that they were distrustful towards the first third of the film so that they're in an "uneasy alliance". It would have made for a more interesting character dynamic than what we got.

10. Blueandwhite

Blueandwhite Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 25, 2005
    The only 'leaks' I trust to be facts are ones that are supported by evidence. If you leaked a photo and talk about what you saw during shooting props to you for sharing what you saw. If you simply post spoilers that are completely unsubstantiated excuse me if I don't trust your info whether it sounds cool or not. There are far too many attention seekers out there looking for their fifteen minutes of fame. It's easy to make up spoilers when a film has been kept as well under wrap as episode VIII.

11. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    I hope they don't fall in love

B99 likes this.
  12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I am aslo one who doesn't want that!

Wouldn't even mind to terribly much if no one fell in love!

13. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    Yeah, another romance in Star Wars wouldn't go well **coff"" Anakin and Padme sucks **coff**

14. sharasbeys

Mar 10, 2016
    Interesting that they brought up Finn and Poe's relationship (their word, not mine) at SWCO. At least we know they'll have scenes together, since Boyega said that their relationship would "absolutely" develop further.

15. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    Probably just queerbaiting the fans... I'm guessing the relationship of the trilogy will end up being FinnRose. [face_sigh]

16. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Lol.

I wish that picture of Poe and Finn talking at the Resistance base, with Leia having her feet kicked up on the table and holding a soda can, were actually in the film.

17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Is that really news that Finn and Poe will have scenes together..?

18. sharasbeys

Mar 10, 2016
    Sadly some people seem to theorize that Finn and Poe would spend a majority of the film separated.

19. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I know some people wanted to see them romantically involved but I think they are just best friends, john said thats my boy so. i'm not sure.

20. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    Did people really think that they would be romantically involved? Do people still even think that Poe will be revealed as gay/bi especially after the Lafou gay moment backlash. If Disney/Lucasfilm even have a plan to make Poe gay/bi, it'll be revealed in his comic after the ST triology is done as btw.

21. sharasbeys

Mar 10, 2016

I think he'll be revealed as gay. The backlash you're talking about also is about to pass $1 billion at the box office, and quite frankly there's a lot of pressure on Disney/Lucasfilm to make their films more inclusive. If Star Trek and Beauty and the Beast can do it, why not Star Wars?

And this is a thread for discussing Finn and Poe's bond and that's what I'm doing. Whether or not I think they'll be romantically involved, I do think that it will be one of the most important dynamics in the film. Personally I'd be thrilled with multiple scenes showcasing their friendship.

One Quarter Portion likes this.
  22. CosmicDust

CosmicDust Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2017

Finn's theme, then Poe's, then their themes having a sort of duet during Jedi Steps. I like how Finn's frantic beat gives Poe's gallant horns structure, and then it all melts together into something new. At the very end, Poe's horns adopt a couple beats of Finn's theme. I'm hoping they have a fun action sequence in TLJ and we get a longer version. :)

23. CosmicDust

Jul 16, 2017
    ha! My post was the last one in this thread, and even though I did not get to hear their themes having that sort of duet like in the Jedi Steps, I really loved what happened with them!

I'm still rooting for them, and between all their little moments like Finn trusting Poe with the beacon to Rey, Poe trusting Finn with the mission to dismantle the hyperspace tracker, BB-8 telling Poe that Finn's awake with "Finn? Naked? Leaking bag? leaps out of X-Wing" and this cute pic, I'm a happy camper. :) I loved the little angst of Poe hearing through the communication line that Phasma had captured Finn, and he thought he and Rose were likely dead until they showed up on Crait.

[​IMG]

24. Bunai

Bunai Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2017
    Given that Rian removed Finn grabbing Poe's hand, I doubt we get anything with Finn and Poe going forward.
    And the 'hand thing' was something he did with Rey, it shows his nervous side.

Even a student mentor relationship would have been good for these characters. But TLJ turned Finn into a toddler and Poe into a immature jerk.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Ryanpaulstewart likes this.
  25. CosmicDust

Jul 16, 2017
    I figured the hand holding was just an adlibbing sort of thing that was cool enough to be included in the final cut of the film. And we didn't see their hands clasp because it wasn't scripted, just the actors doing something that felt natural for the characters in that moment. Even if the hand holding was meant to be cut out, that effort failed since people still notice and mention it. haha

In Before the Awakening, it established that handholding for Finn isn't a nervous habit but a protective one. He kept taking the hand of a trooper in his unit (the one that died on Jakku) because the trooper kept falling in simulations and Finn didn't want to leave him behind. Finn would take his hand to help him back up and didn't let go fast enough for Phasma's preference. So the Poe hand holding could be Finn thinking, "This is really intense and Rey's doing weird stuff with the Force, let's just hold Poe's hand to make sure he doesn't go anywhere." Not entirely logical but driven by an instinctive need to protect people.