main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Brand Spanking New York Yankees Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Yanksfan, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    You just gotta have faith. It's a long season. Oh yeah, thanks Rangers! :)

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Oh yeah, thanks Rangers!

:mad:!!!

3. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Panicked? Me? Nah..

4. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Pedro announced he's gonna test the free agent market next year. And already the rumor mill is churning out stories about how maybe the Yankees will go for him. What do you guys think of that?

Personally, I think he's on his way out, is a wretched human being, and I'd just as soon puke on him as look at him. So, yeah, that'd be a 'I'd rather the Yankees didn't sign him' from me.

What do you guys think?

5. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    If Pedro became a Yankee, I would be sick and put a bounty of Steinbrenner's head.

6. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Nice comeback last night. 7 in a row and now back in 1st place.

7. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Another nice comeback tonight! Kept pace with Boston. Quantrill looked good in relief, and Rivera is a god. Things are starting fit into place. Now all we need to for Derek to find his stroke. Go Yankees!

8. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    8 game winning streak...against good competition too.

I agree with MysterySith on the Pedro thing.

I would most definitely get sick....put a bounty on George's head...and may even disown the Yankees for as long as Pedro was a Yankee.

I hate him more than Eric Lindros...

9. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Pedro has already made statements that he wants to play for the Yankees organization. The only thing is, would fans forget all the crap he pulled over the past few years and root for him? I'd rather get Nomar. Put him at 2nd base. Jeter, PayRod and Nomar. I'll take that.

10. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    I very seriously doubt that the True Yankees Fans could ever forgive Pedro for his transgressions.

11. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I'm sure some of them won't. But then again, I'm sure you wouldn't mind winning more championships with Pedro's help. I certainly don't want him on the team, nor Money Ramirez. They could stay up in Boston.

12. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    I would not celebrate a WS victory if Pedro was the reason that the Yankees won.

13. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Manny and Pedro are trash and I would NEVER want to see them as Yankees, no matter how good of players they are. Nomar on the other hand I would not mind as much, he is a classy ballplayer. Though how much more can the Yanks stack the offense. I am more than happy with who they have now.

I am still in shock that A-Rod is a Yankee.

I always used to have a favorite Yankee, like most others growing up, it was Don Mattingly, before him it was Dave Winfield. After Mattingly retired, it was Paul O'Neill. After some thought, I have decided my favorite Yankee is Jorge Posada with Marino Rivera coming in second...They are true Yankees. No offense to Jeter. :) He is also a true Yankee. Duh.

Former Yankee that just popped into mind...Mel Hall.

14. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Winfield is my favorite player of all-time, followed by Barry Bonds and Babe Ruth.

I loved watching Mel Hall and Steve Sax, Willie Randolph, Dave Raghetti, Ron Guidry, Donnie Baseball, Oscar Gamble, Lou Pinella, Roy Smalley, Alvaro Espinoza, Rick Cerone, among many others.

I'd have to go with Jeter since '96...after Donnie retired.

15. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Two late come backs in two nights. I LOVE that, and I'll tell you why. Besides the wins, it proves our guys have HEART this year. Heart is what drove the '96 team to topple the favored Braves. Heart is what pushed the '98 Yankees to becomes arguably the best major league baseball team ever. Heart is very, very good for winning championships.

Fave Yankees: Willie Randolph to Don Mattingly to Mike Stanley to Paul O'Neill to Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera. Oh, yeah, and David Cone. I loved him.

16. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Hello? Anyone home? Jeter is your hitting game here? Hello?

17. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Nice to see Jeter getting things back on track. he is now up to .221. Sheffield has been looking better as well.

Gonna be a looong season!

18. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Heh! the guys in the Fenway thread are about ready to tie up and throw Lowe into the Charles River. The cracks in the wall are starting to show in Red Sox Nation! Now that Jeter has seemed to found his stroke again, it looks like were in good shape! :) Things are just starting to heat up! I can't wait till we play Boston again. We'll finally be able to put some distance on them in the standings! Go Yanks!

19. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    This thread makes me sad.

The Yankees do not.

20. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    *sigh*

I thought the thread might be alive again....... :(

Yanks up five in the loss colunm! :)

21. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Here's some quick stats for yah! Take away the 1-6 record against Boston, and New York's record against the rest of baseball is 41-15. That is one game off the pace they set in 1998 when they started off 61-20 in the first have of the season. At the same time Boston is 31-26, 10.5 games behind the Yankees pace. Their stars are coming back and they are still loosing. Soon we will have a chance to avenge earlier defeats. This will make for some exciting ball in a couple of weeks. Go Yankees!

22. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Good info Moby. 1998 so long ago.

5.5 game lead now. Thank goodness Jeter is hitting now. I find it funny that A-Rod has 37 RBIs and Jeter has 32 and Sheff leads the team with 43. I wonder who will wind up leading the team.

Rivera is amazing as always, look at that ERA, WOW. The Bullpen is a bit better this year than is has been. Am I alone in thinking that?

I miss Clemens and Pettitte! Damn them!!!

23. JEDI_SMURF

JEDI_SMURF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    ESPN ran a program listing thier Top 25 Sports Teams of all time. Beating out the 1995 Chicago Bulls (the team that won 72 regular season games) for the Best Team of All Team is:

[Drum Roll Please]

The 1998 New York Yankees.

I would have been disappointed if either the 1927 or 1998 Yankees were left off the list.

Look out, baseball. Jose Contreras won two games in a row. It's about time. I would like to see him more consistent.

Pants not make one great.

24. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    A-Rod went deep twice tonight. Jeter also went deep. Mussina got the win. Nice to see things are still going good. Go Yankees!

25. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    After two long months of waiting the rivalry finally continues! With the Yanks wanting to even up the W-L column with the Sox and the Sox wanting to prove that they have it together, tonight's game ought to set the tone for the next two. Here's to some great baseball [face_flag].

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.