main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Calgary Expo - April 26-27 2008

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DrHaggis, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Ok! Thanks!

Next, do we know what this art print looks like? I'm not sure whether I want the print or the refund.

2. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    That's a typo, right? The site says the panel is on Saturday...

3. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    No that's correct according to the info sent out.

4. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Okay, next question!

Can someone please PM or email me th info I'll need for getting in (as a costumed volunteer)? Entrance/location, time, etc.

Thanks.

5. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Matt's plane doesn't get in until Saturday morning, so his panel was moved from Saturday to Sunday so that he and Daniel could present together on Star Wars.

6. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    What info is that? When/how was it sent out?

7. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Neil - the information was given to the volunteers for the show. I was pdf'd a copy.

Kris - come in any entrance (closest one is probably the C-train entrance). On the Expo site is a map of the hallway. Head towards Hall D and identify yourself to anyone in an Expo T-shirt as a a member of the FF and that should be enough to get you in. I'm manning the lines so you should see me in that hallway from 8 AM onward.

8. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    Will there be a secure location to store costumes?

9. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    There is a volunteer room that is where all the volunteers and 501 and fanforce will change. If you have valuables I wouldn't leave them there. But your costume should be safe.

10. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    For those of you who are planning to do the Park n' Ride thing, please note this message from Calgary Transit:
    The station that is next to the Round Up Centre is the Victoria Park/Stampede station, so you WILL be able to get off at the station, but you cannot park n' ride from Chinook or the 39th street station.

Phooey!

11. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Oh that's just crappy! Thanks for posting about that Veritate - I was planning on parking at Erlton/Stampede but I guess I'll be paying now...

12. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I'll be there early I think it's be there before 8am and you get free parking at stampede grounds.

13. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Programming (panels/times) have been posted on the CCEE site. A few guests have cancelled (comic artists I believe), and a few more have been added.

14. veritate

Oct 25, 2004
    Hey, just an update on the Calgary Transit thing:

As I've already posted, Chinook, 39th Street, and Erlton Stampede stations are closed.

ALSO: If you are driving to Stampede Park from the south, you MUST take Spiller Road to access the south Stampede Park entrance. There is a roadblock across 25th avenue SW.

I tried going home via 25th avenue tonight after setting up the booth, and was foiled. It's going to be an interesting weekend for parking!

See you all there.

15. Kyree_san

Kyree_san Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2008
    SUP! im here!!! see I told you id post!! ^_^

16. winbrant

winbrant Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Hope you're all having fun! Sorry I can't make it (closed-course car trial, helping mom move and unpack, etc.):rolleyes: :(

The Sat. Calgary Herald has a great article on George Takei and "Geek Girls Gone Wild" which even includes an interview with Erin from Edmonton (Again, great costume Erin!!)

Herald Online has a great picture of David Wilder as Maul and Peter White as a Mandalorian (sorry, don't know specific name) as well as some other great looking costumes!

Hope to see more event pictures!

17. veritate

Oct 25, 2004
    Thanks everyone for a fun weekend. Special thanks to everyone who helped out at the booth, and who volunteered for the Expo.

I took some pics, but I won't be able to really look at them for about a week or so. I'll post when I've got them together.

18. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    The weekend was epic; a lot of hard work and love went into it and I think it showed in how ass-kickingly awesome the expo proved to be. Thanks to everyone who pitched in, both at the FanForce booth and those who took time to spot Ryan and I at the Red 5 booth. You remain the coolest group of people I have ever had the privilige to know. :)

~StacyD

19. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Whew! What a weekend!

First things first - a HUGE THANK YOU to Veritate for her unwaving dedication to the FF table! From the great work for our table displays, to manning the table pretty much ALL weekend long, to providing snacks to all the table volunteers...I can't thank you enough. A true Jedi you are.

Bigs UPS to PreludeRM as well, because along with Veritate, you manned the booth pretty much all weekend as well. Great work on the video presentation (it was stopping traffic and enticed Matt Wood to come visit the booth - thanks to Cody pimping the group to him. You ROCK!!). As well as all your work getting the pamphlets printed, and the photos for our Clone Wars display. You're AWESOME!!

THANK YOU to everyone who volunteered their time to the Expo as well as to our FF table. We came together as a team and really made the weekend for everyone!! Our booth garnered a lot of interest and hopefully more fans will get onboard (two already have - welcome!).

Two days was a tough haul, but we did it. And we did it together - that's what makes this group great. Seriously, it was brilliant.

So many great memories this weekend - too many to list (my favourite was Daniel Logan, upon getting the FF t-shirt, saying that he'd seen it before. ON Ray Park, when we he was working out!!! WOOT!!).

If I've forgotten someone, please forgive me. My feet still hurt and the pain may be clouding my memory...

You're ALL AMAZING!!

20. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    That was a long weekend! I'm still recovering too!

To all those that helped with the CFF booth - a HUGE thank you! I feel really bad that I missed most of my shift (but I do have a legit excuse, I think).

Anyway, the booth looked GREAT!!! I think it gets better every year!

21. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    My sincere apologies - I forgot to thank a few people for their great contribution in making our table look great.

It was Lexial who put a lot of time and effort into making that great scrapbook of articles and pictures that practically everyone who stopped by the booth, flipped thru and commented on. Thanks Lexi - it was a fantastic book!!

And to TapeTrooper515 - as usual, your works of tape art were responsible for making many a mouth hang open in AWE. You have an unusual and special talent, and it really stands out.

22. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I just wanted to thank everybody for making this weekend a HUGE success.

Veritate for all you dedication this weekend, you were awesome, EchoSevin as always thanks for everything. Lexial and TapeTrooper's stuff on the table had the fans talking all day. On Sunday while TapeTrooper actually was sculpting at the booth people were in awe. All the other volunteers who helped out at the booth, thanks you We couldn't have done it with out you all. I know me and Veritate would have been like the zombie across from us with you folks.

Thanks to all the people who came by the booth and checked us out. Hopefully we will see some of you out at our next meeting.

Ryan.

23. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    What a weekend great time over those two days the table was looking great everyone that helped out you guys/gals are awesome. Thanks to Team Red 5 you guys/gals that helped set up, tear down and cover the booth I can't thank you enough.

Great to see Star Wars alive and well in Calgary.

24. BH-7113

BH-7113 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    What a weekend to remember....Saw some old friends and made some new ones.

Talk to you guys soon.

As said by Daniel, "You are the best Yango Fett"

25. Obi_Wan_Cody

Obi_Wan_Cody Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2007
    Best weekend ever!!! Thanks to everyone for making it so much fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.