main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Callista Fans!!! (v.7 something or other...)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ambassador Cara Jade, Apr 13, 2006.

1. jedi2187leia

jedi2187leia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    Milestones on this page are few and far between since the 2010's started, but I am very happy that we are at 200 pages and counting :) Hope everyone is staying safe out there.

Callista•Forever

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    It's a good milestone and should be celebrated. Here's to 200 more. Eventually... ;)

Sadie Erso likes this.
  3. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    I should re-read the Callista trilogy again... I loved them... if only I could find them lol

jedi2187leia likes this.
  4. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Read 'Children of the Jedi'. The 2nd book wasn't written by Hambly, and it really does a disservice to the character of Callista, because around that time the Powers That Be decided on Mara Jade ending up with Luke.

Not that I am bitter....

Sadie Erso and Tarsier like this.
  5. Sadie Erso

Aug 3, 2020
    I read them. But I just can't find the books in my tons of moving boxes lol

6. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    hey look! We made it to page 201!! Woot!! :)

Callista•Forever

Sadie Erso likes this.
  7. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I do wish she had gotten an official toy. Her and about a thousand other EU characters. :mad:

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  9. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    ACK!

Hi, there.

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    How is RK? It's been a while since we've spoken!

11. Sadie Erso

Aug 3, 2020
    I agree, there was so many wonderful characters that need one... :(

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    RK is tired. RK now works overnights at his job to avoid insane/threatening customers. RK misses the old EU. Well, parts of it, like callista. RK is now wondering why he's talking like Trixie Lulamoon. :p

You?

jedi2187leia and Sadie Erso like this.
  13. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Sounds like a lot of us, doing what we can. Hang in there everyone!

Callista•Forever

Sadie Erso likes this.
  14. Sadie Erso

Aug 3, 2020
    Guess what? I found my copy of Children of the Jedi.
    I'm going to re-read it this week!

jedi2187leia likes this.
  15. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    let us know how it goes!

jedi2187leia and Sadie Erso like this.
  16. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    I have the 1st edition hardback, multiple paperbacks and a copy on my iPad. I prefer the hardback :)

Callista•Forever

Sadie Erso likes this.
  17. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Speaking of the novel, I was thinking about revising parts of it. Instead of Trooper Triv stranded on that distant planet that Luke and Co crash on at the beginning of the novel, what if it was a Clone trooper?

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    That'd be a good change, methinks. :)

jedi2187leia likes this.
  19. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Its a wee bit early, but happy holidays to all you Callistars and Star Warriors out there!
    [​IMG]

RK_Striker_JK_5 likes this.
  20. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, that's adorable. :) I wonder what Luke and Callista got each other. ;)

jedi2187leia likes this.
  21. AllTheSingleMaras

AllTheSingleMaras Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2019
    Okay... in “enemy” territory...

J/k. I actually did enjoy reading Callista’s romance with Luke as a girl. It was very tender and sweet. I don’t hate her... but I did get frustrated with her at times. I think she was a very necessary stepping stone in his life journey, full of love and pain.

And while I’m team FarmHand all the way, I don’t like to throw Callista under the bus to celebrate my ship.

I actually do want to audio book that shiz again... it was a REALLY long time ago that I read that!

jedi2187leia and Iron_lord like this.
  22. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Callie was originally intended to be the main squeeze of Luke's life, but someone from LFL wanted Mara instead, and the rest is history (and especially after Disney bought them, then it DEFINITELY became history :(

There are some of us that just tend to stick with 'Children of the Jedi'. I have a lot of trouble even touching 'Darksaber' (although it would make a good name for a weapon.....) If the new EU decided to re-introduce Callista, I hope they have Barbara Hanley handle it, and make sure Kevin J Anderson is nowhere nearby.

But before Luke and Mara became an item, I honestly thought she would have ended up with Lando. A former assassin and a smooth scoundrel, having adventures together? I'd sign up to read that series :)

Callista•Forever!

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    For Callista and Mara, whoever might've ended up with Luke, I do hope it would've ended up like Rose and Sarah Jane in the Tenth Doctor episode 'School Reunion', where they both realize they're not enemies and start mutually laughing over what a big dork Luke can be. ;) Just so Han can crib Mickey's line from that episode, "The Missus and the ex, mate. Every man's worst nightmare." :D

24. AllTheSingleMaras

AllTheSingleMaras Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2019
    Lando and Mara?? Nope. That’s like Talon and Mara, which is another nope. She’s already smuggler savvy.

I’m a fan of opposites... and feel like Mara is drawn to that which she is not or struggles with, which is why I love her with Luke. But if not him, it would be another goodie-two-shoes. She’s given her life to the shadows and crime... she craved the warmth of goodness to counter it... so like a senator, ambassador, someone with a heart of gold but maybe needs protecting from backstabbing. I could get behind that with a new Mara. As long as Thrawn Trilogy still plays out.

But needless to say, I love my assassin and Jedi monk together.

I feel your pain. Once Upon a Time... Victor Frankenstein and Red Riding Hood were teased to like each other, the actors played along, were promised a deeper arch together... but after years of FrankenWolf buildup and investment by shippers, they shelved victor and made Red bi... pairing her with Dorthy gale in one episode with no lead up.... just... HERE’S GAY DIVERSITY... and then she was never seen again. I don’t mind that... if it’s done well. This was not done well. If anything it should have been Mulan. Victor and Red had the screen time, but Mulan and Red at least had a meet cute.

Writers.

Bel505 and jedi2187leia like this.
  25. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    And with Favreau+Filoni on the job, and the EU well to dip into, we may see a certain redhead again real soon. And it looks like Thrawn is going to be this SW universe's version of Thanos.

Ages ago, I wanted to make my own customer Callista action figure, but Life got in the way of course. Now with 3D printers, I may revisit that idea again.

Callista•Forever

Tarsier likes this.