main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Classic Trilogy Rare and Behind the Scenes pics and footage

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by LordGarthNader, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  2. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Saw these photos on Facebook

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  4. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    ^^ Wow, the even made the AA 23 security officer stay where he fell for this publicity still. :p

teamhansolo and Master_Rebado like this.
  5. C.Roach

C.Roach Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    Boba seems to have different coloured armoured wrist gauntlets to what he's wearing in JEDI (brick red/burgundy)?

Master_Rebado likes this.
  6. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  7. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    You see this photos shot with a normal camera in the normal bright lights and they look less than convincing. Put them on a big screen filmed with proper movie cameras, the operators, the lighting and other effects and it brings them to life.

Master_Rebado and bmickey like this.
  8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Wow, Darth Vader without a cape. Was that ever a thing? Like was that an idea they had at one stage. Or was it just a rehearsal or something?

9. Christus Regnet

Christus Regnet Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2016
    "A very pretty dress you have on today, Lord Vader." (*leans in and whispers) "...but a little revealing. Your control panel is showing"

10. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  11. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    That's weird. Doesn't he almost look like he's crying?

Master_Rebado and Snafu55 like this.
  12. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  13. IrB

IrB Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2016
    Since Luke must appear sweaty in the end of TESB duel, maybe did they wet his face with water before shooting?

Lukers, teamhansolo and Master_Rebado like this.
  14. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    [face_blush] TBPH I didn't pay attention to this one because I was staring somewhat mesmerized at this picture:

[​IMG]

I believe I've seen of lot of Luke Skywalker pictures in my life, but the one above I'd never seen before. I think it's one of the best of Luke Skywalker you can possibly have - although it's full of body language that tells me "determination", there's still some uneasiness about what he probably anticipates will happen soon written all over Mark's face. IMHO simply the best picture of Luke Skywalker.

Lukers, ThisIsMe1138, Snafu55 and 2 others like this.
  15. C.Roach

May 3, 2018
    That's a nice shot. My favourite Luke Skywalker production still is the one used on the original STAR WARS card for the Kenner Luke Skywalker Tatooine action figure.

16. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    Just came across another OT treasure box filled with rare images (unfortunately there are currently only 6 galleries out of what should be 68... :_|):

http://www.starwarsarchives.com/dt_gallery/scene-05-interrogation/

The great person running this site obviously compiles the images based on their scene context - and there are images I didn't even know these existed. =P~ ^:)^

17. C.Roach

May 3, 2018
    Captain Antilles had a dialogue scene with Vader before his strangulation? I wonder what he said to upset Vader enough to grab him by the throat?

Merlyn Emerald and Master_Rebado like this.
  18. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    I'm not sure there was a scene prior to Vader lifting him up, at least there is none in any of the screenplay drafts. Add to this the actor's friendly face (there are bodies of his men on the floor!) I believe these were just a couple of publicity stills taken with no particular context.

According to my research for the Tantive IV deck plan project, we may however look at these scenes ultimately deleted:
    - Threepio asking the chrome protocol droid ahead of him to make room for him and Artoo to pass.
    - Leia's guards making their last stand in the pentahub of the power section (the close-up shot of the guard with the moustache during the breach scene actually belonged to this later scene, we can see the circular hatch behind him that was only built for the power section, apparently suggesting an access to the starboard docking airlock a la Rebels. Undoubtedly, this guy is one of the bodies in the room during the Antilles scene)

[​IMG]
    - Vader having arrived on the lower deck where stormtroopers are leading away guards that were trying to make it to the life pods. A moment later these guards were apparently killed in cold blood, when Leia moves around the corner, you can still see the stormtroopers in background looking at the bodies of the guards they just shot.

Togruta, bmickey, Krueger and 3 others like this.
  19. C.Roach

May 3, 2018
    The description for this image states that it is a cut scene.
    [​IMG]
    Or it could be a candid behind-the-scenes moment between two actors?

20. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    I don't know the source of the annotation, but "the scene where Darth Vader interrogates Capt. Antilles" was in the final cut. :p

Here is the evolution of that scene in the drafts:

# 3
    6. INT. REBEL SPACEFIGHTER – COCKPIT CORRIDOR

Darth Vader, the black knight, takes a short restraining pole from one of the guards and brutally jabs a captured rebel officer in the chest.

VADER
    Where is she? Where is it?

The rebel cries out as the spooky looking Sith Lord begins to twist his arm, creating a gruesome snapping and popping of broken bones.

# 4 (January 1976)

The evil Darth Vader stands among the broken and twisted

bodies of his foes. He grabs a wounded rebel officer by

the neck and holds him high above the ground. An Imperial

officer rushes up to the Dark Lord.

IMPERIAL OFFICER

The information is not in the computer memory system…

Vader squeezes the neck of the rebel trooper, who struggles in vain.

VADER

Where is the data you intercepted? What have you done with those information tapes?

REBEL OFFICER

We stole no information! This is a consular ship… didn’t you see our markings? We’re on a diplomatic mission…

VADER

(Angry)

Where are those tapes?

REBEL OFFICER

Only… only the commander knows…

VADER

This ship carries the ma[r]kings of Alderaan. Is Senator Leia on board? I said is she on board?

The rebel refuses to speak but eventually cries out as the Dark Lord begins to squeeze the officer’s throat, creating a gruesome snapping and choking, until the soldier goes limp. Vader tosses the dead soldier against the wall and turns to his troops.

# 4 (March 1976)

The evil Darth Vader stands among the broken and twisted
    bodies of his foes. He grabs a wounded rebel officer by
    the neck and holds him high above the ground. An Imperial
    officer rushes up to the Dark Lord.

IMPERIAL OFFICER
    The information retrieval system has been wiped clean.

Vader squeezes the neck of the rebel trooper, who struggles in vain.

VADER
    Where is the data you intercepted? What have you done with those information tapes?

REBEL OFFICER
    We intercepted no information! This is a consular ship… didn’t you see our markings! We’re on a diplomatic mission…

VADER
    (Angry)
    Where are those tapes?

REBEL OFFICER
    Only… only the commander knows…

VADER
    This ship carries the crest of Alderaan. Is any of the royal family on board? Who were you carrying?

The rebel refuses to speak but eventually cries out as the Dark Lord begins to squeeze the officer’s throat, creating a gruesome snapping and choking, until the soldier goes limp. Vader tosses the dead soldier against the wall and turns to his troops.

VADER
    Start tearing this ship apart piece by piece until you have those tapes. Find the passengers of this vessel. I want them alive.

Snafu55 and Master_Rebado like this.
  21. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas encouraged ad-libbing on set to a degree unheard of in the later films, especially given his self-consciousness & issue s with script writing.

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Sounds cold and brutal. I love the way one of the guards is leaning on the other. This scene would fit in very well with Rogue One, IMO.

bmickey and Master_Rebado like this.
  23. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  24. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  25. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004